ATT beta version (UNICODE support)

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. att_user

att_user Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5870 2 GB
    Hello Ray!

Any news about the 4870 X2?

With Catalyst 9.5 the automatic clocking and fan settings do work SOMETIMES....?? I don´t know why ....:3eyes:

Besides, ATT is great !! :D

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    No. I took one X2 board and tested it with ATT. Unfortunately that board has standard FAN controller (like in single 4870)!

3. Bhairava

Bhairava Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850
    Hi Ray, just want to say hello, nice to notice you are keeping up the great work| ;)
    All the best.

4. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Getting some pretty high and stable clocks with ATT 1.6.9.1386, love the fan control and profile management. But crysis warhead still freezes above 812/1010 is it my bios?

5. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    May be clocks are too high?

6. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Thanks I kindah figured that out, but I was not expecting the obvious reply. I guess I have to enjoy the game at those clocks speeds. Great software though!

7. Sanek

Sanek Member

GPU:
    2x HIS HD4870 Turbo 512MB
    Crysis is a very GPU demanding game. If your overclock is not 100% stable, chances are, you'll catch that in Crysis.

You can pump up the voltage a bit and turn the fan up if needed. The good thing about the 48xx cards is that the fan is so powerful - both of my 4870 cards are stock overclocked to 780/1000 settings and fan is only going at under 50% setting in 3D.

8. Bhairava

Bhairava Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850
    I totally agree with you.

9. Drek

Drek Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD2600 XT
    I just wanted you to know Ray that I upgraded to the latest beta version of ATT today (1.6.9.1386), and this problem has been fixed. I was able to keep my registry settings from the old version without any issues. Thanks again for a terrific app.

10. krakjen

krakjen Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290 Tri-X
    Is Auto Fill function (in Overclocking) no longer working?
    I use a custom fan table and I wanted to look again at default settings but it doesn't do anything...

11. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Auto fill is not "default". To revert back your default values you must restart computers and do not allow ATT to apply any FAN settings upon startup.

12. DjDiabolik

DjDiabolik Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GT720
    Hy boys... some minutes ago i have succesfully installed the latest Catalyst 9.3 (latest driver supported my Ati Sapphire 9600) without the Ati Control Panel.
    After the restart of my XP Sp3 i have succesfully installed the latest (pick from first post) of Ati Tray Tools and i have some problems with the Refresh Lock.. example:
    In ATT i have chose a resolution for 1024x768 at 85Hz and i have activated the Refresh Lock but on Desktop the resolution still for ever at 60Hz.
    I also try to set the Refresh from the proprities of my monitor but nothing append.... if i can try to set at 85Hz the refresh rate still remain at 60Hz.
    It's a bug ?? or i need another tools for unlock the refresh rate on my newest driver ?

13. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    If you can not set 85 Hz in Windows Display properties, ATT also will not be able to to force it.

14. chris1500

chris1500 New Member

GPU:
    HIS 4770
    4770 Support

Hello.

Will the 4770 be supported in near future? Currently, I get weak clock rates and cant modify the rates, it is without any function.

I have the newest beta under Vista x64, the ATT Driver ist ON. I used ATTloader.

Living without ATT isnt gracefully, I really dont like the Rivatuner. If I could help you, Ray, in terms of testing or anything with the 4770, just give me a hint.

Regards
    chris1500

15. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Ray: Some games that don't work with Vsync normally...

Ray,

There are three games that seem to ignore most vsync settings and keep it disabled :(
    (using windows XP of course...)

1) Silkroad online (silkroadonline.net)
    2) Crossfire (Suba games - www.subagames.com)
    3) Sudden Strike (gamehi - suddenattack.gamehi.com)

Both ATT And D3DOverrider do the same thing in the top 2 games;

D3D overrider successfully manages to force vsync in (1) and (2) enabled.
    ATT can do this with "Vista workaround". However, the framerate with vsync enabled in these games is VERY, very erratic and choppy, unless the WINDOWS refresh rate is set to either 60 hz or 85 hz. At 60 hz or 85 hz, then "Vsync" is smooth like it should be. At 100 hz or 75 hz, then the FPS is very strange...100 hz= 50 fps to 90 fps randomly (but looks like its going down to 30...causes mouse control to be horrible) >_>. At 75 hz, FPS is between 61 to 70.. but looks like it is going down to 30....very unplayable...Its like that in overrider and ATT. But it is fine at 60 hz or 85 hz ONLY! (but not 100 hz or 75 hz!).

But Vsync enabled is not playable because these games have VERY bad erratic mouse acceleration problems, which just become worse with vsync on (Combat Arms uses the SAME game engine as Crossfire, but CA actually uses a proper D3D mode, so Vsync works with normal profile setting like most other games).

Vsync off= 110 to 200 fps.
    Also: these games ignore D3D refresh rate; they only use the current windows desktop refresh rate, even though the game changes the resolution.

These games also seem to NOT use a real fullscreen mode; you can bring up the windows taskbar or other windows on TOP of Silkroad Online and Crossfire (although the game screen freezes when you do this). Also, the windows resolution is changed to the game resolution. Yes, these games IGNORE vsync settings from the video driver itself (vista workaround/D3doverrider is the only way).

"Sudden Attack" is very strange.
    1) This game ignores ALL attempts to force vsync on, including D3Doverrider and Vista workaround/ATT. Vsync is always off... D3Doverrider is ignored. Vista workaround in ATT Causes the game to crash instantly.
    2) Alt tabbing/task menu (control ESC) out of the game minimizes the game, but windows is set to the game "Lobby" resolution of 800x600 ~_~.
    3) FPS in this game seems to be LOCKED between 75 to 84 depending on what part of the map you're on.

Ray, do you know what is going on with these games?

Are they using some illegal method to do fake fullscreen? Is this some sort of windowed mode? Why don't these asian developers program their games properly ? (No directsound 3D.....)

16. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I hope I can help you , but don't think I can.
    If you got VSync forced but expecting mouse lags. Try to set Triple buffer on. Also do not forget that without third buffer (in triple buffer mode) you got only 2 buffer for rendering and you will always get (if for example you have 60Hz) 60 fps or divided by two - 30/15... and so on.

How knows? May be :)

17. mspeedo

mspeedo New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD3650 512 MB
    ..pls delete

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  18. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    Ray,
    I don't think there's anything ATT can do, because these games apparently aren't using a real fullscreen mode. Someone mentioned this in the catalyst 9.6 rage3d thread.

When I start the games, the windows desktop changes resolution to the same size as the game :/

It seems like it's using a "stretched" windowed mode that is illegal....
    I guess those Asian developers are in love with this...

It is definitely NOT calling a proper Direct3d fullscreen mode, that's for sure...

Ray, can you download one of the games to test it?

Crossfire is an easy download : www.subagames.com click Crossfire. then download location.

Sudden attack is even worse: (suddenattack.gamehi.com)

19. jukkis83

jukkis83 Member

I'm also getting the "cannot load atipdlxx library error. Moving the file to att directory didnt help.
    Running XP 64bit, with Catalyst 9.6 ccc.
    I just switched from build attsetup_1.6.9.1382 to 1386.
    Could someone tell me where I could find 1382 build again so I could use att again ?
    Thx.

20. NAJMI ADNAN

NAJMI ADNAN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TriX 4GB
    I just bought a laptop with Mobility HD 4570, but the latest ATT doesn't support overclocking, it reads the wrong clock, it displayed both memory and core have about 1xMHz speeds. Is there anything I can do/help to make it work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.