ATT beta version (UNICODE support)

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leucos

leucos Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080 / 8GB
    Hi Monen,
    I too have switched over your same videoboard and I have the same problem.

From what I've found HD3xxx fan controller has other bios settings than the automatic fan table shown by ATT.
    You can find out more here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=2629869&postcount=1 in this Unwinder's post.

In detail the settings that makes the fan go from 0 to 52 percent and then back to 0 in about 1 to 2 seconds are:

• Duty cycle min, minimun fan duty cycle permitted in auto fan mode (the "52%");
    • T min, which defines the maximum temp when fan speed set at 0%.
    I solved by setting
    Code:
    [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]opt_auto_fan_fix=0[/SIZE][/FONT]
    and then in RivaTuner reducing the Duty cycle min to the minimum value you want to set in the automatic fan table. After that you can also use ATT for changing th fan table.

You can see and set those settings only using RivaTuner afaik.
    I hope this can help Ray to fix this problem, because ATT is simply amazing.

Sorry not being of further help for you, but my PC is currently a mess and I have no free time to spend on it.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  2. Monen

Monen New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 (AGPx8)
    Yep, that fixed it as it no longer jumps back up to 80 percent.

Wouldn't it be better if ATT ghosted out the first set of boxes and used 15c and 20 percent as the default? Or, wouldn't that work with other boards as they can go lower than both of these values.

I have ATT starting at boot via the registry, but how do I have ATT apply the settings and then exit? I looked in the general options and couldn't find a way to do this. Perhaps I need to start ATT from the startup menu folder as a script, apply the settings, and then have the script kill the ATT process.

Thanks Ray.

3. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    This is BIOS bug. With my prev. HD 3870 I had no problems at all.

2 IcemaN22 - Use search or look in thread about Vista64.

4. Monen

Monen New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 (AGPx8)
    Wow, I had no idea that the HD3870, or for that matter most modern cards, generated so little heat as to stay below 15c at idle.

I found the ATT command-line switches and that should take care of the start, apply profile and exit.

Thanks Ray, all's good.

5. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Ray what are your plans for adding the 4890?

6. Bhairava

Bhairava Guest

GPU:
    2x 5850
    RV790 is the same gpu of RV770. RV790 have 2 million transistor more and a Decap Ring to reduce signal noise.
    Did someone try the latest ATT beta with the new 4890? Maybe it does work.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Hope this chip will be same as in 4870 :)
    If anyone has access to such board please give me sysinfo report from ATT

8. Farin

Farin New Member

GPU:
    MSI RX3870 T2D512E
    Hello all....
    I like ATT and I say that Ray is doing a great job. I am using this tool since end of 2006.

But now I have a little problem with ATT.

I upgraded my system with a new graphics card: MSI RX3870 T2D512E (1950XT before)
    Driver: Catalyst 9.3 without CCC (8.x before)
    ATT v1.6.9.1382 (ATT v1.3.6.1042 before)

First it seemed that ATT was working properly, but suddenly I had a system shut down. The computer was turned off. Immediately. Win was not ending normally.
    This happened a few times. Sometimes it happened when the computer was doing nothing - idle. It could happen after 2 hours and it could happen after 30 minutes. And I always had to push the power button again.

I found out that ATT was not able to end the ATI HotKeyPoller. Service was still running although the settings in ATT were correct. After that I started the graphs of ATT and there I could see that the fan was running at 80% (sometimes there are other values like 40% etc.). This was not possible because it was not really loud. It did not matter how I changed the fan settings, it did not change the fan speed. It also did not matter if I turned the opt_auto_fan_fix on or off.

I disabled fan control of ATT (back to the BIOS-settings) and let the HotKeyPoller work. After that I had no more system shut downs or instabilities.
    Because of PowerPlay and energy-saving I changed the frequencies and voltages within the BIOS. To keep the system more silent I also changed the fan speed a little bit.
    For a smooth and much more silent fan control and card statistics (graphs) I am using RivaTuner now. For voltage, frequency and artifact testing I am still using ATT.

My system is running stable now. The 3870 is doing its job perfectly.
    Now I just want to use my favourite tool: ATT.

I searched the forum but found nothing.
    Can someone help me with that?

9. Concorde Rules

Concorde Rules Active Member

GPU:
    ATi HD4870 512Mb 825/1075
    Hi Ray,

Really glad you started development for the 48xx series.

One feature request:

Can you have a continual fan speed change?

IE:

You set your min fan speed say at 10%.
    Between your set values. say 40C and 80C the fan does the change for you?

Like this:

http://www.lobotomo.com/products/FanControl/images/screenshot.gif

It would help stop the harsh transitions between fan speeds!

Thanks very much.

CR.

10. doctor_WHO

doctor_WHO New Member

GPU:
    Asus-1GB-4870 CF
    hi there, I'm running Win7 7068. I can't seem to crossfire my two identical (except for the bios version and heatsink) 4870's, and its quite annoying.....Under Crossfire Information, it says "Crossfire type: No crossfire support." I'm running the cats 9.3, and can't get the tab to show up in CCC. ATT/Windows/Gpu-z all show 2 cards plugged in and functioning..... GPU-z says crossfire is disabled(unsure on VISTA) Is there some specific procedure to follow when installing the second card that i'm missing. I'm aware of the need for driverCleaner.net, and updated cats. Any tips, hints, suggestions will be greatly appreciated, and I'd like to thank Ray personally for allowing us to turf CCC, what a piece of poo. thanx again everyone in advance.....

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009

11. tuleggi

tuleggi New Member

GPU:
    ati 4870 512mb
    i quote myself...

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 Farin - Have no idea whats wrong with your system. Look on prev. page about 80% FAN bug on 3870.

2 Concorde Rules - No, I can not. ATT doesn't control FAN :) ATT just program sensor. And at this moment ATT doesn't have other method than Manual / Auto.

2 doctor_WHO - I testd W7 for a few hours only. But I upgraded Vista64 to W7 so all settings remains. No problems with CF and 9.3.

2 tuleggi - Sometimes this can happens because of 4 core CPUs. Just don't use this feature. Anyway it will not help you to find real max clocks . This test a very outdated.

13. Farin

Farin New Member

GPU:
    MSI RX3870 T2D512E
    Hi Ray

I already looked at the 3870-problems in previous posts, but these seem to be different problems. At least different from mine. In the MSI-Forum I found info about a previous revision of this 3870 that is running the fan at 80% all the time. Very loud. It was a BIOS-problem. My card has the correct BIOS -> much more silent.
    The fan speed that ATT shows to me is fictitious. At this moment ATT tells me, that my fan is at 40%, but in truth it is at 30%. RivaTuner is still showing the correct values and can change the fan speed. But not ATT.
    It is looking like a tiny difference between RivaTuner and ATT.

It would be interesting to know if ATT can end the HotKeyPoller of Catalyst 9.3. Maybe all of this is a driver problem? RivaTuner 2.24 is not fit for 9.3 and is giving me warning that there could be some problems, but there are none, yet.

Sysinfo of ATT with the original BIOS shows me this:
    FAN
    1 00000008
    2 0000602B
    3 00136C87
    4 00CF1A14
    5 5A50463C
    6 64615F5D
    7 51443628
    8 877A6C5E

This is making no sense to me. Most important: I know that the last temperature entries have the same fan speed -> 100%. Or am I misunderstanding this part of sysinfo?

14. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    May be your board has different sensor? Can ATT operate FAN? If you set 100% can you hear that FAN runs really at 100%?

15. doctor_WHO

doctor_WHO New Member

GPU:
    Asus-1GB-4870 CF
    WTF....Crossfiring 4870 1gb's.....

So does anyone have any ideas in making my crossfire work on WIN 7. both cards are recognized, but i have no crossfire enabling option. Should i have to install one card at a time??? Should i revert back to Vista....??? Any ideas and suggestions.

16. Caronte83

Caronte83 New Member

GPU:
    ati sapphire hd4850 512mb
    Hi Mr. Ray Adams
    (sorry 4 my language but i'im improving my self day by day..:D)
    anyway i have a little problem ...

i've decided to use seven x64 as principal os...(even if is a beta...)
    ----i never used Vista----
    but i have noticed that it requires digital signature....:bang:
    so i can install ATT (imho the best program to set a personal gpu profile:D),but when seven restart, it can't load ati tray tools...

system specs:
    -q6600 g0
    -p5kpro
    -4gb dominator
    -hd 4850 512 sapphire....
    -...seven x64...

May you help me please?
    -i never used the **** of ccc,but now i must have do it( "they" say that 9.3 catalist are designed to work nice with seven...)...
    -more over the temps of my hd4850 became awful in game....and only with ATT i'm able to set an efficient gpu' fan speed profile...

anyway thanks 4 reading..

17. Farin

Farin New Member

GPU:
    MSI RX3870 T2D512E
    Hi Ray

Like I said in my first post, ATT can not change the fan speed. In my (nearly) silent system I can barely hear the fan at 35%. At 50% I can hear it very good, and at 70% playing games is not funny any more. 100% is horrible.
    RivaTuner can change the fan speed, but not ATT. At the moment the fan is running silent with 30% and when I set 100% with ATT it changes nothing. It is still running at silent 30%.

Shall I post the complete sysinfo or (somehow) attach my original BIOS? How can I find out which kind of sensors my board is using (maybe with the help of RivaTuner)?

18. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 Caronte83 - be sure you using last beta version of ATT and last Catalyst 9.3. As I wrote before I've tested ATT on W7 64x. No problems.

2 doctor_WHO - If CCC show no CF support. You will not be able to enable it. Same ATT. At this moment I don't what to do in W7 because I wiped it out. To many bugs, bluscreens and incompatible with some important things.

2 Farin - So your board has custom sensor for FAN control. on HD 3x,4x boards ATT can operate only with standard integrated sensors.

19. Caronte83

Caronte83 New Member

GPU:
    ati sapphire hd4850 512mb
    Hi Ray,
    first of all thanks for the answer...

well i've tried ATT 1.6.9.1382 and the only problem was the invasive UAC:)D) wich can't let start the program after startup for the signature---

-should i disactivate uac before the installation?
    -is there another update version of ATT?

Thanks again & sorry 4 annoiyng you all:cyclone:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  20. LuxZg

LuxZg Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD4890
    Hey Ray!

I'll be getting HD4890 probably next week, and will help you as much as I can the moment I get it.
    Btw, I've seen reviews of ASUS card that supports Voltage tweaking, pushing it to 1.45V. Since all cards available are based on same reference design, I hope you'll be able to make voltage regulation just like you did for HD4870.. but that it will allow rising voltages as well as lowering ;)

Other than that, can't wait to try ATT + HD4890, that combo should really ROCK!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.