ATT beta version (UNICODE support)

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krakjen

krakjen Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290 Tri-X
    That's strange.
    I'm using the 4870 Toxic and I had the 3870 Toxic before, both are using custom fan and both have working fan control.
    How come the 4850 Toxic would be different?

2. 10 asd

10 asd New Member

GPU:
    SapphireHD 4850Toxic 512
    I am not saying that it is different, but I do not know how to do it.
    Could you, please guide me?

3. krakjen

krakjen Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290 Tri-X
    Hardware > overclocking > Fan tab
    There you can change it and save it in a profile.
    You can use either a fixed speed or a temperature-dependent configuration...
    (you can also add overclocking, but it's optional)

After that, you can also do different profiles for 2D and 3D mode and choose them in:
    Hardware > Auto Overclocking

4. 10 asd

10 asd New Member

GPU:
    SapphireHD 4850Toxic 512
    Thank you, I have tried but it does not work.

5. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    New beta build.
    [+] Added new ini file option opt_force_apply_clocks. Set it to 1 to force ATT to apply clocks even if current clocks and voltage are equal to requested. Only for HD 3xxx/4xxx. Can helps to "kill" PowerPlay at Windows start up.
    Also just to remember. Now ATT has ATTLoader included in package so no more needs to use separate ATTLoader in Vista 64.

http://cid-a50350ea7a969f0c.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/attsetup.exe

6. DarN

DarN Member

GPU:
    4870X2
    1. Could you make the "Monitoring Graphs" tray icon respond to mouse up events? As it is now, the mouse up will be recorded in whichever icon is next to it.

2. I'd also like to see an "Always on top" option for the Monitoring Graphs window. It makes no sense to me that it opens in the background when you click the tray icon.

7. Pufcio

Pufcio Member

GPU:
    X4850 + Accelero S1 rev.2
    Hi Ray, lately I've had problems with ATT when I tried to launch the app.
    I searched for posts with problem similiar to mine, but I hadn't found any.

The problem is, that ATT starts, but when I hover mouse pointer over ATT icon in the taskbar, it disappears and the app kills itself. I know it works - at least for a time (I built my samurize config and after ATT launches, the config shows me GPU temp., also I can see some info on my G15)
    I used the 1.6.9.1340 version with my X4850, and suddenly it stopped working. I tried to update do 1.6.9.1374, but it's no use.

I had the same problem with my previous card (X1950) and previous betas. The proggy worked for a long time, and suddenly it went to hell. Some beta versions don't work at all (even those which worked) and some work till I try to do something (the self-kill I mentioned above)
    The last working version is a year-old stable one - but... well... it doesn't work too good with my new card :/

Simple uninstall & install method doesn't work. Uninstall + cleaning registry method also does nothing.
    Any ideas?

8. Reecek

Reecek Member

GPU:
    HIS IceQ ATI HD4850 512
    First off a big thanks to Ray for his excellent program & continued support, have been using tray tools for quite a few years now & can't fault it!
    Actually if an app that has an icon in the taskbar terminates unexpectedly the icon will continue to show untill your mouse pointer moves over it, just a windows querk!!
    You have similar taste to me Pufcio, my previous video card was a HIS IceQ X1950 & the one I have now is a HIS IceQ HD4850, I also have a G15 keyboard and only run the Sirreal applet & profiler, I am running the latest Tray Tools beta, mainly for the fan control, with no problems, this video card runs a lot hotter than the old!
    A couple of suggestions/questions:
    1) When you uninstalled ATT did you completely remove everything including profiles? although I don't think it's an option!
    2) Using msconfig.exe (assume your running XP) go to the startup tab and untick all of the apps except tray tools & firewall if your not running windows version, this includes the G15 apps as well, apply, close, and restart windows, if tray tools loads you atleast know you have a conflict, hope this helps.
    Edit: You can then go back and retick a few at a time till you find the offending app.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  9. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    You should use single click to restore window, not double click.

Ok. I will check is it possible or not with current configuration.

2 Pufcio - Try to disable plugin in samurize for a few days.

10. DarN

DarN Member

GPU:
    4870X2
    I am using single click. Mouse up event gets recorded in the neighboring icon, since the graph icon is gone after the mouse down event.

11. Pufcio

Pufcio Member

GPU:
    Reecek:
    You don't get it - there are 2 cases - in one the app starts and kills itself immidiately - the icon disappears without my "help", and in the 2nd one the app works in the background TILL I move my mouse over the icon. Anyhow I can't use ATT.

Yep, no change.

I don't have zillions of apps starting, when I log on, besides I've installed 2nd OS just to check if it's XP's fault. You know what? ATT was 1st thing I've installed on this test system - it didn't start. Depending on version of the ATT beta, I get 1st or 2nd case (described above).
    That's just hopeless - I won't keep reinstalling my OS till ATT magically starts working again, because I don't know when it will go crazy and refuse to run.
    On my old XP the betas worked for about 2-3 months. After n-th bootup any beta refused to run. On my new OS (had to reinstall after I've changed hardware) it worked for about 3 weeks. Dunno what's happening with this app :/ :(

I can even disable whole config, which uses "attsamurize" plugin, but it doesn't change ATT behaviour. The app just won't start, regardless of samurize config presence/absence.

EDIT:
    After dozens of tests I have discovered, that the culprit was a dxgi.dll file located in system32 directory. Dunno what that library is supposed to do and how it came into my system (maybe WU?), but deleting it didn't affect anything - the games are working as they should, and ATT is working again.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I don't have this behavior! May be it will be better to set restoring procedure to double click? :)

Dont' tell that! You cutting me without knife! :) On clean installation?

13. Pufcio

Pufcio Member

GPU:
    I edited my last post - please look at it. And yes, on a perfectly clean OS. XP SP3 if you ask.
    Now I'm checking where the file mentioned above came from - I used google, but I have 6 (sic!) results, mainly related to 3DM vantage.
    Damn, is it some DX10 file? On XP? Where did it come from? :/

14. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    dxgi.dll is DX10 but it is only for Vista! Are you sure you didn't install some kind of "DX10 for XP" crap? :)

15. Pufcio

Pufcio Member

GPU:
    Nope :/
    I've got to interrogate other household, but if somebody did install this or that, I doubt he'll/she'll admit it.
    I double checked everything - I don't have any d3dx10*.* files...

But even if somebody did install it - why ATT refused to work on fresh OS ?
    I really don't know what to think :/ Guess I'll sacrifice and install few XP SP3's on other partitions - all from the same CD, and I'll check if I can reproduce this situation.

As for now... it's fixed. Maybe somebody will have the same problem (but somehow I doubt it :) )
    Thanks for replies, and you Ray - keep up the good work!
    And imho - Ati should fire those dumbasses who created CCC and hire you.

16. Blazer

Blazer New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI Radeon X1950
    Hello i'm new and I have a question:

Why was the "Display" Option removed? And will we be able to access those options somehow, I kinda miss the "reset display driver" option. :)

Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  17. Bruford

Bruford Member

GPU:
    Ati 4850
    Hi Ray! After investigating a bit, i realized there is problem with att (both the last and previous versions) and WMV file playback on vista premium 32.... Evrytime a play that type of movie i got a black screen in wmedia player, i just can hear the audio track . Mpeg and other files are ok as ever! ....The problem just disappears as soon as i uninstall ATT. But i can't give it up, U Know!

I m sure u'll solve this problem too, thanks in advance!

18. leucos

leucos Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080 / 8GB
    The Display option hasn't been removed, it's only hidden because is no longer supported.
    To get it back open the "atitray.ini" in the ATT folder and add where you want (e.g. under the interface section) this line:
    Code:
    hide_display=0
    and restart ATT.

19. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 Bruford - Put .exe file from player into exception list in Autooverclocking window

20. tralalalala

tralalalala Banned

GPU:
    6600 GT
    the new beta; when you say 4xxx, does this include the 4670 now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.