ATT beta version (UNICODE support)

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liftedplane

liftedplane New Member

GPU:
    Visiontek HD3870 OC
    I still can't seem to get ATT to work on my system.. I've tried both a Vlited version of Vista and a version installed straight from an OEM disc... it just doesn't work... videos games nothing.

I'm not exactly sure what you need me to post... and I'm stumped as to why this has happened... I used to use ATT all the time, but I never updated after the 3870 was supported because I don't OC my GPU I just use ATT for the OSD.

I know I could use rivatuner, however I don't like it at all and really don't want to use it.

what do you need from me to help me figure this problem out? to bad you don't have a simple OSD program to use without all the other features of ATT... just the monitoring features.

2. Axil

Axil Member

GPU:
    Windforce 670GTX x 2
    Getting a weird problem with the Latest ATT and latest catalyst 8.11. For some reason it sets my card to 3D speeds (800MHz 950MHz mem default for Powercolour HD4870 PCS) in 2D and continually want to manually set my fan speed even when I go in and tell it to use the Bios fan profile

OS is XP32 SP3

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  3. luxy68

luxy68 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5770 1Go
    hello Ray I have 2 questions,

------------------------------------------
    someone have the last ATT and,
    PES 2009 is playing too fast than the normal speed like Benny Hill

any idea to solve that problem ?
    -------------------------------------------

another guy play Counter Strike Source and HD4870 with the last ATT
    he has make color profil,
    - in other game : no problem, the color profil is running
    - in CSS : the color profile is not working

what append ?

Thanks you so much :)

4. Dragon-Lord

Dragon-Lord Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5970
    Here are more details about my Issue Ray. The OGL settings do show after I change them. I also cked the registry and see where both the D3D and OGGL setting are being saved to the new profiles. I tested in one of the games going thru the Profile Manager and it looks like it;s working since my fps went up, but I'm not 100% sure. So in a nutshell:

1. The OGL shows the settings changes but D3D does not.

2. The settings are going to the registry, no problems.

3. Are they being applied properly? I'll have to test further to be 100% sure.

Alas, testing will have to wait since the Boss, aka Wife, needs me and chores have to be done since the Sun came out. Mother Nature is definitely a Woman, *lighting strike, ouch* :)

5. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    What is your problem exactly?

6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Sorry. I can not help you. I don't have these games.

7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I think you didn't read my post.
    You must not use separated profiles anymore! There are must be only single 3D settings.

8. luxy68

luxy68 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5770 1Go
    ok, thank you anyway :book:

9. liftedplane

liftedplane New Member

GPU:
    Visiontek HD3870 OC
    Everytime I try to play anything that is accelerated by my video card. i.e. Movies with GOM player, games, 3d apps. they crash... telling me that an illegal operation has been performed and... I can show you the message it gives if you want...

when I turn ATT off everything works just fine. turn it back on... problem again. I've tried every version which supports HD3xxx I can get ahold of, and even some that don't... it still won't work.

it was the first or second HD3xxx compatible version I used which last worked... I don't have the install anymore seeing as that was quite a while ago.

I can post the crash message if you would like.

10. didamangi

didamangi Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1080 Ti
    Seconded Ray, let me know if you need testers on 4670, I have the same problem as the above poster, ATT newest beta stalls on loading, taking 100% cpu)

11. Deviad

Deviad Member

GPU:
    ASUS 48070x2
    This is the error I'm keeping on having on boot concerning Skype.

It looks like there's another user on hwupgrade using Windows Vista having the same problem:
    http://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/showthread.php?p=24728741

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  12. Deviad

Deviad Member

GPU:
    ASUS 48070x2
    Maybe I found the cause:
    http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/8398/maybeifoundthecauseyt2.png

Skype seams to be using d3dx10_36.dll and rapidhook injects something in the same file which Skype doesn't like... this is what I understand.

Unfortunately I do not know much about assembly except that there are unconditional calls and conditional calls. :D

EDIT
    Omg omg. The problem was the same as always: On Screen Display!!! o_O
    First thing coming into my mind related to DX which could create problems. :D

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  13. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    First thing to do is always put .exe file into exception list in ATT's Autooverclocking window. This will prevent ATT from injecting its code into process.

14. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Anyone here with HD 3650? I will upload updated version with overclocking support for 3650, but I need someone to check it.

15. hotswank

hotswank Member

GPU:
    Palit HD4870 SonicDual512
    ATT steals 1000 3DMark05 points?

Hi, my new XPertvision Palit HD4870 Sonic Dual Edition (dual FAN/BIOS) 512MB switched in Normal mode (750/900) gives me 15159 points in 3DMark05 with ATT disabled. If I create a similar profile (748/900) in ATT and run the same 3DMark05 test, it gives me 14164 points.

If I switch to Turbo mode (775/1000) and disable ATT and run the test it gives me 15230 points and with similar profile (780/1000) in ATT, it gives me 14355 points. All clocks created in the ATT profiles are verified with GPU-Z and correct.

So where are those ~1000 points gone ??

Specs: Windows XP SP2 - ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe with AMD FX-60 (13x200) and 2x Patriot XBLK 512MB 2.0-2-2-8 1T@200MHz - ATT v1.6.9.1369 - Catalyst 8.11 Driver only, ATI Poller OFF.

EDIT:
    If I turn OSD off, the ATT profile 780/1000 gives me the 15217 points back, so there is your answer. Never new OSD sucks that many FPS :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008

16. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Better to use search next time :)
    I wrote about it hundred times. Always disable OSD support for any kind of benchmark applications.

17. ElfjeTwaalfje

ElfjeTwaalfje Member

GPU:
    HD4850toxic & HD3850 512M
    I got these errorswhile researching my event logs:
    [Source: SideBySide, EventID 59]
    Generate Activation Context failed for F:\ATI Tray Tools\plugins\osd_intelcpu.dll. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

and:
    [Source: SideBySide, EventID 32]
    Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Removing/renaming osd_intelcpu.dll solves the errors. Is it something that needs fixing?

18. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    This is not my plugin and it seems it need VC++ Redistributable package . Try to download and install both 2005 and 2008 versions from Microsoft web site

19. skugpezz

skugpezz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury X Stock
    II added a accelero s1 rev cooler to my 4850... i use att to oc 750/1100 and furmak runs ok for a very longtime doing stress test and the doesnt go over 50c ram is 70c and shader is 62 c....but if I run a game the driver crashes... could someone tell me what is wrong?

20. mastagrunt

mastagrunt New Member

GPU:
    XpertVision 4850
    I have a quick question about voltages of 4850, what is the default setting ? Is it 1.044v , mine is set to that. Also if I increase it to 1.158v that should increase the GPU stability when overclocking ? Is it safe to put it to 1.158v ? My card is pretty cool ~25C idle and ~45 when playing games so if the temp is the only thing I should be careful with all is OK ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.