ATT beta version (UNICODE support)

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Yes, I did. And really have no idea why. There are nothing special in code . ATT just load OGL driver and check for Shader support. Also I sit as administrator all times. See no reason to sit with restricted account on my own computer :)

2. Bhairava

Bhairava Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850
    If it is an Opengl problem must happen anytime i start Renderer. How to make ATT automatic startup to be launched as administrator?

3. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Switch to StartUp folder mode. Thenk open StartUp from Start menu and change properties of shortcut

4. luxy68

luxy68 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5770 1Go
    I'll try to know if the problem and the solution is the same...

5. Bhairava

Bhairava Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850
    Sorry mate, what is startup folder mode?

6. leucos

leucos Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080 / 8GB
    Ok, Ray
    the new italian translation is done. I've tested and resolved the major text overflow problems :)
    It can be found here on my SkyDrive. It is compressed using 7-Zip (which is open source).

During testing I found those bugs and I want to report them to you:
    Translation bugs/missing strings (I think that you are already aware of some of them)
    Manage Game Profile window (CCC mode): "3D to" label, where you can select a 3D profile or set custom settings
    Auto Overclocking window: "apply to all game profiles regardless of profile setting" checkbox
    Monitoring Graph window:
    - "Send to tray" button (btw why not you add icons for all the buttons here, I'm willing to made them if you want)
    - "Auto start" checkbox
    Edit Hotkey Properties window: if you open, close and then reopen the window (without closing the manage hotkeys window), strings are reverted back to English
    RunTime Plug-Ins window
    - the headings of the listview control
    - problems with the Enable/Disable button that reverts back to English
    Overlay Settings window: "Application decide" checkbox
    General Options window: "Restore last 3D profile" checkbox

Software bugs
    Overclocking Settings > Voltages Tab (first time I open this window): you can select (and maybe set) the Memory IO voltage even if the "enable voltage control" chekbox isn't checked. The other voltage selectors are disabled/enabled properly via the checkbox.
    OpenGL > Settings (not in CCC mode): the AA/AF combobox bug is still there, there are unknown character instead of 4X, 8X etc.
    Icon position: I've checked that the "Auto restore icon position" feature still does not work properly in Win XP Home SP3 (32bit).
    It seems that ATT tries to restore the icons of the previous resolution setting. Example:
    If I switch from 1280*1024 to 1024*768 (wich both of them have saved icon positions) and then I return to 1280*1024, the positions of 1024*768 resolution are restored.​
    IMHO the problems could be two: ATT sets a wrong (the previous) value for the current resolution or it's a matter of timings (it restores icons too soon, before it changes its variables)

I hope this report can help you to fix everithing.

7. leucos

leucos Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080 / 8GB
    I think this is a problem with the Windows config.
    I had a similar problem with Dungeon Siege: if I try to start in the normal way using my admin account, nothing happens. But if I use the "run as" and I re-select my account everything runs fine.
    I have this problem on my XP home and i never find a solution for that...

You should try to create another admin account and see if it works

8. luxy68

luxy68 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5770 1Go
    instead of launching ATT by registry, change it to launch by startup and shortcut

Ray : in france this is the same problem : the solution is to run as ADMINISTRATOR

Thank you :)

PS: never see on XP : vista is bad :nerd:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  9. Bhairava

Bhairava Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850
    Vista is not bad, vista has User Account Control, that is a very good thing.

10. Lopini

Lopini New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9250
    Hi, I registered, because ATT is so great, and I want to contribute a little bit :p

I have installed v.1.6.9.1368 and I still have the bug in OpenGL AA/AF dropbox. I'm running XP-SP3 x86, Spanish (Argentina) language.

I saw that on this releases there is no Spanish language, so I want to offer to make a translation for that language.

Thanks.

11. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hello i was blanked a page back can some one look at post before this and help please

12. leucos

leucos Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080 / 8GB
    Updated italian translation:
    - fixed a problem with the overclocking window
    if someone has already downloaded please do it again, important!

13. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Look in General Options. In "Load with windows"

14. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    About "OpenGL > Settings (not in CCC mode): the AA/AF combobox bug is still there, there are unknown character instead of 4X, 8X etc."
    Do not use separate options if you don't have CCC! Use Merged mode. You can switch in ATT Advanced Tweaks.
    And where is a link to new Italian translation?

For other translations. As I wrote before all what you need is take old .ini file. Open it in notepad.exe and save it as UNICODE file.

15. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Just tested ATT with restricted account.
    I created account TEST, added it into "Power User" and started ATT. No problems with 3D renderer. UAC is disabled for all accounts. Hate this most stupid thing ever made by microsoft.

16. Lopini

Lopini New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9250
    But I guess you will try to fix that bug, for user that don't want to use Merged mode, right?

Ok, just did that, but I see it's a little out dated. There are some minor options in english.

17. leucos

leucos Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080 / 8GB
  18. Bhairava

Bhairava Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850
    The issue is the compatibility with UAC. If you disable UAC, your test is sense-less, becouse the problem concerns ATT+UAC. I don't want to discuss here about UAC is good or not, i just dont want to disable it. Do you think u can fix this problem? :)
    Thanks.

19. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I have fixed it already but only for merged mode. Believe me. Its better not to use separate mode anymore. Some of OGL settings will not work at all. And whats the point to use old mode?

Thanks.

Have no idea, but I will try to find whats wrong. But first I have to see such error on my computer. I will enable that stupid UAC and test it again :)

20. yetrel

yetrel New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire / X1950 / 512
    hey,
    i read in the other topic that you removed the tv control, but that it could be activated again in he atitray.ini - can you help me to reactivate this feature, didn't find a hint how to do it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.