Atlas MMO

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by metagamer, Dec 19, 2018.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 19.2
  2. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Quite frankly, I hope this stunt puts this bullshit company out of business permanently.

There has been a lot of bullshit this year by EA, Bethesda and others but none of it was anywhere close to the sort of blatant and egregious thievery that is going on with Atlas.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  3. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    I'm kinda embarrassed that I started a thread about this game guys. It seems to be a hot mess, keep your wallets sealed.

RzrTrek and cerebus23 like this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    How could one know? That first trailer actually looked very promising.

cerebus23 likes this.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    eh on paper seemed solid, a pirate survival game? sea of thieves was deep as a puddle, pirates of the burning seas is no more, there is a market out there for a pirate mmo game, with todays tech using cryengine or unreal 4 hell frostbite you could make an amazing looking detailed world to sail. Add in some factions ala pirates of the burning seas some political systems and whatnot and stir you could have a home run game. Add in some light survival elements and it could make it even deeper.

From the way they described the game, they sure seemed to targeting that playerbase.

But you watch the trailer thinking pirate survival and wonder why there are greek like monsters and dragons and dinosaurs in your pirate survival game.

Then you look at reviews where all these players are finding these hidden menus and bits of code, and it seems the ARK guys finished this stuff too quickly that it still still counted under arks season pass, which would have made it free for pass owners, so they pretended it was a whole new game and sold it as a new game not a mod for ark which would have made it a DLC if it was an official mod.

But on paper the idea of a pirate survival game is appealing set in a Caribbean crystal blue waters, massive storms, spanish, french, english and dutch constantly at war/peace. That game sounds appealing as hell :p.

6. bubz

bubz New Member

GPU:
    gtx 1070
  7. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    I was so close to purchasing this as I love ARK (warts and all). Then I watched a load of people streaming. Yikes! I'll pass for now.

8. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Never gonna support this developer.

metagamer and BangTail like this.
  10. bubz

bubz New Member