1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI you suck !!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by danylati, Nov 12, 2007.

1. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    true:)

2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 FE +200/+430
    I would glady take a 3870 over 8800gt for 219 dollars. Then I can use the rest of the money I would had spent on the 8800GT for something esle like my cellphone bill or something.

if 8800gt was 219 it be a diffent story but it isnt.

3. Netgamer

Netgamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6600LE 300/300
    no, just never Buy what they say is hte best the day it comes out

4. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    The 8800gt is also PCIe 2.0 compliant. The 38xx cards are dX10.1 compliant. Too bad AMDTi doesn't have the developer relations like Nvidia to actually push their tech into games. If you think Dx10.1 will make much difference for the 38xx cards, take a look at TrueForm, 3dc, the tessellation unit, or Shader Model 2b. Not much became of those ATi specific features.

5. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    Except for many like me who got their GTX last November. :nerd:

6. Used_condom

Used_condom Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT OC

i get around 28 fps with max details no AA though.. cant really tell anyway.. .. Even @ 15 fps, crysis runs rather smooth .... :)

7. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    another ignorant flame thread... its hilarious when ppl dont know what to talk about but this is going to far...

8. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480 8GB
    Welll, personally I would still feel that the price is too high and the card would in many cases been a bit too fast. It's not that it's needed.

9. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    What competition did the card have last November? It's only been until recently that any video card has come close to it's performance. I'm very glad I bought the card when I did because it's been the best video card I've had in years. It's outlasting cards that have recently been released in terms of performance and EOL. It still performs better today than it did when I bought it and I've had the pleasure of playing all my games since then with all the options Maxxed with AA/AF and even TA MSAA/SSAA in many games. Why would anyone with that kind of experience with the card feel bad almost a year later because a cheaper card is released with a bit less performance?

I'd agree if someone recently bought the 8800gtx in recent months, they'd feel somewhat irked. But they would still have the higher performance card none the less. For those like me who bought the card early on, we don't have anything to be irked about. Sometimes buying something early pays off in the long run since I haven't needed to upgrade the card since then and it doesn't seem like I'll be needing to until at least next year. Anyone buying a video card now be it the Nvidia or AMDTi has to realize that the next gen from both Nvidia and AMDTi is less than 6 months away from release. When that time comes, they'll have had their cards for less than 6 months. Sure, they got their cards for much cheaper than I did for my 8800gtx, but they sure won't have it for as long before it becomes obsoleted(tech/performance wise) by a newer generation.

In fact, I don't see many with a 8800gtx they bought last year complaining much about the newer cheaper cards. Maybe you can point me to where all those people are because clearly you didn't buy one last November.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007