ATI you suck !!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by danylati, Nov 12, 2007.

1. danylati

danylati Member Guru

GPU:
    Ati HD 2900XT Saphire 512Mb
    ATI you suck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i payed 1 month ago 500 dlls in my country for this card, and now is selling in $279, WTF, my last ATI card for sure, and crysis DX10 suck with this card.

and no new drivers, THANKS ATI and AMD BYE BYE, i sell this card now

2. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    I payed $380 for the Sap. hd 2900xt like 2 months ago. It's always going to happen, technology is advancing so fast that previous products are getting price drops very quickly. Can't beat it, so you gotta live with it.

Btw, anyone wanna buy my HD 2900XT with Koolance waterblock and 2 sets of nozzles, next month? PM me ;)

:)

3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Crysis and DX10 sucks on any card.

4. Sparx

Sparx Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD 6950 OC 2GB
    Your unbelievably ignorant.. :)

ATI sucks because of the market and technology advancing (resulting in prices dropping)..? That's expected, and if you think otherwise - that's your own uninformed fault. ;)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007

5. danylati

danylati Member Guru

GPU:
    ignorant?? yes !! i buy things that suck
    i know is my fault, and i learned something, never buy ATI again

6. neilapril

neilapril Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS
    that is why you should go with an EVGA card because of the step-up program. If something new comes out in 90days you are covered!

7. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    Except if you bought the 8800gtx last November. :approval:

8. danylati

danylati Member Guru

GPU:
    my friend is giving me his old cpu amd FX62 and test, but i think is going to be the same

9. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    Yeah thats true lol.

10. T-Bones

T-Bones Member

GPU:
    Albatron 9600GT
    Sorry to state the bleeding obvious, but anybody who buys the latest and greatest of any computer tech (especially video cards) when first released is going to get burnt as prices always drop big time. I've always gotten away with buying tech which is between 1 & 2 yrs old and as far as I'm concerned haven't missed out on anything game wise.

CRYSIS maybe my first no go as I haven't yet tried to run it with my setup.

My major concern is that ATI gets back into the game ASAP otherwise we will all be screwed by nVidia as without competition prices will start high and not drop as quick.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007

11. Skope_nz

Skope_nz Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 280@702Mhz

The guy has a point. I'd like to shove my 2900Xt back up Ati's buttocks, not for the performance. but because of the price of the performance. I ripped myself off by expecting more than i got.

Hats off to them, they sure lured me in.

12. francesthemutes

francesthemutes New Member

GPU:
    HD 3870 Crossfire
    I hate their drivers. I bought a card (which apparently was defective) and once that baby hit 80C it crashed. I'm looking forward to their 3870, though. If it's half decent I'll look into it.

13. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    Except if you......you know. :approval:

14. Stop It RAWR

Stop It RAWR Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD7850 BE
    I hate to break it to you here, but this site has bugger all to do with ATi (AMD), your whining is therefore, ineffectual.

Also, as I have stated here a week or so ago, if you bought the HD2900XT based on fanboyish assumption alone, it is not ATi/AMD that suck, it is you, for the last 6 months it has been obvious the nVidia 8 series smoked the current ATi/AMD HD series, and the only thing that made the cards worth it now is the fact they have bombed in price, if you were stupid enough to pay over the odds for the cards, in spite of all of the evidence, then you are a fool.

As for your babyish closing statement, more fool you, I buy my products based on what is the best at the time, not based on "company loyalty" if you done the same, you'll be a happy 8800GTX/whatever owner now, and you'll still have an open mind when the next gen of cards come around, instead you may mispick your next card, based on foolish "hatred" for a company.

Ah well, your loss.

15. ogheeren

ogheeren Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 8800 GTS 512 760C/1900S/2100R
    The card was much to expensive in the beginning. Most hardware is at their release, but I have to admit that Nvidia has a much more stable pricing within the last year. Bought my second 8800 GTS 640 6 month ago for 300€ and it is still in that range, and the first was 360€ 10 month ago, quite ok IMO.
    It is the lousy performance of the 2900XT which made them drop the price so fast. Looking at the first benches of the 3870 it is not very fast too but at least not so expensive.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop

This is the BEST POSt i have ever see since CRYSIS is playable by public. This game forces us to pay hardware..DONT EVEN BOTHER! Damn crysis.

17. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    haha, i tell ya what, i DISLIKE games that makes expensive hardware to look like a pile of ****, if the High end card can't hold this game, what the low end\mid range card hold up for???
    Crysis is more of future hardware, well understood by crytek but one thing most people ignore, Crysis is Overhyped and until some Geforce 10000 or ATI Radeon 4XXX can run the game max out without issues, the year gonna be end of 2008 and of course there WILL NO BE hype to crysis as well as the amount of people who willing to play it, the gameplay experience won't be the same.(Crysis got 9.5 on Gamespot review, surprised? i'm not), with that being said i can REST IN PEACE in my grave for the new few minutes.

18. wiskerbizkit

wiskerbizkit Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850
    I can see where the OP is coming from. it sucks sometimes cos you'll get reviewers that give misinformation and they say things like "(insert percentage here) performance increase when the drivers mature" i remember reading that about my 7950gx2 and my 8800 and this thing performs just as good as the first time i installed it.

19. Jumaru21

Jumaru21 New Member

Hi there guys.As you all know,AMD processors are working better with ati video cards than nvidia gforce so there is no reason to compare different cards on different processors wright?I don´t know about you but I just bought the 2900 pro at 199 euros and it´s perfect on my athlon 64 x 2 3800,although my power supply is not enough.And I installed the latest 2900xt drivers,so...ATI DOES NOT SUCK!!!!

20. Lahomer

Lahomer Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 SLI 680/1463/1215
    Happy ati user here :) (2900 crossfire) ofcourse the 8 serie's from nvidia are better. Also expected more from these cards but they perform great tho. DX 10 s*cks anyhow :smoke: