ATI x800 Crowd demo *used* to work on my nvidia 6600GT...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by plonk420, Nov 7, 2005.

1. plonk420

plonk420 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 (one RMA!)
    WTH, before my last OS reinstall, the Crowd demo (and i think Flow as well) worked. now with 81.whatever WHQL, they seem to have stopped working on my 6600GT (AGP).

after doing some searching, i tried 3D Analyzer and RivaTuner (to the best i could figure it out). anyone have any luck with Crowd on their 6600GT? (i'm not even going to attempt Ruby on my 128mb card ^_^). if nVidia purposely took compatibility out, i'll be seriously pissed...

2. Drunkenmasta

Drunkenmasta Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 260 OC + Acer 26"
    Well since it's only for ATi cards it would stand to reason that they shouldn't be running ATi's tests even if it can run it. There is no point really. 3DMark can run tests just as fine. If you want to view the ATi test then try older drivers or putting another version of windows on your PC.

Since it's doesn't effect your gaming why bother? You would notice as well if you lost any Image Quality so just keep playing!

pz out

3. plonk420

plonk420 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 (one RMA!)
    don't game much. plus, can't game right now even if i wanted to. injured (to the point of drawing blood) my ring finger so WASD wont' work for me.

i just like the pretty pictures. 3DMark03/05 is fun and all, but i like to watch a good selection of graphical demos. and a "professional" demo is a nice break from the unpredictable quality of the demoscene.

i'm pretty sure it's no coincidence that 81 broke the demo. i just want the ability to play it back...

4. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    If you want to play it back again, use hte older drivers.
    But normally it should play anyway.

5. plonk420

plonk420 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 (one RMA!)
    *should* :p damn those competing, vindictive driver writers...

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005