ATI X1950xtx (Spec, release date, pic) 56K warning

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by thecake90, Jul 22, 2006.

1. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    I hope you actually did look up the reviews out..

As for Quad SLI only a few selected games work..clearly if a single GX2 can beat a x1950xtx..i fail to see how Quad SLI can be defeated by XTX XF when Quad SLI is actually working/enabled properly..give it time..drivers will mature much like how sli has gone..

For the price 450..its ok..but this card is no match for a GX2..clearly ati did there best to cripple the crap out / break the drivers on the gx2 or just make up numbers out of there ass for the slides..much like how nvidia does it..but there gx2 slides didnt actually lie that much ><..

GX2 is still the fastest but ATi still has HDR+AA..and can give the fps to enjoy the games that do support it

2. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    im not talking about quad sli!!......

Single 7950 will beat it hands down....

and Nvidia Does Support AA and HDR, its justa different type of AA

3. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    I doubt the X1950s are gonna be faster than the gx2s. For one a Gx2 is nothing but a SLI card in one.

So thats 1gpu vs 1gpu or 2gpus vs 4gpus. Its not doubt that that nvidia has ****ty drivers and that the cards arnt that good for quad sli anyways. So I do think the 1950s will come pretty damn close with the higher clocks and better memory. And overclocked....let nots even talk about that yet lol.

+ just wait for real benchmarks.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  4. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    quad sli being outperformed by crossfire(and even 7900gtx in most cases) has 2 main reasons: firstly, massive cpu limitation because it needs to feed 4 gpu's instead of 2
    secondly, dx9 has some limitation that nv needs to get round to make all 4 gpus work together, now its most of the time 2 cores that do most of the work, while the other 2 are mostly used for extra AA.

and roguesniper, you got it reversed; 7 series can do HDR and AA, its just other HDR. i personally find it very ironic that about a year ago, nv guys were saying that that wasnt real HDR(because X800 series cant do it), and ati guys insisting it is, and now its the other way, because nv can only do HDR and aa at the same time with that type HDR, so nv guys are saying it is real, while ati guys say it isnt real.

5. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    yeah thats it kwak, but series 6 and 5 can also do HRD and AA

6. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    yes i know. but like i said, its ironic that in the days of the 6 series versus Xx00 series, nv boys said it wasnt real HDR.

7. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    yeah..."real" lol

8. JPennStar

JPennStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    :flame: What a pile of BS those charts are!!! When either company is talking about the other, they are the devil! :D

Quad SLI is far more powerful than those damn charts state. For example, Serious Sam is only 41FPS in Quad!!!!!!!! That is utter rubish. My integrated chipset could get 41FPS at the res on that game! geeez.

Also the GTX would get more FPS in HLep1 than 35!

9. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    first of all; its serious sam 2, which is a lot harder on graphics cards, secondly, the results arent in fps, but in percent.

but yeah, never believe anything they say about each other.

10. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    im pretty sure the "fake" results are in fps

11. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    you think the prices of the x1900xt or xtx are gonna go down when this baby comes out :D

i want a x1900

12. guardz

guardz Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTS250 1G OC
    Well from the lastest write up here at Guru the 1950 takes a major dive against the 7950!!! It looks sh*t actually :(

Think Ill stick with my 1900XT! Seems these can keep up with if not, beat the 'pretty' X1950's atm! :O

Ummm dude...we are in TODAY! Im talking today not 3 months down the track IMO!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  13. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    ur talking about today.....1950 is not even out.....

14. guardz

guardz Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTS250 1G OC
    so why are we having this conversation!????