1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI trully are hopeless. JUST GIVE UP!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Darrin, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 760 DirectCU II
    'nuff said.

2. sonic7

sonic7 Member

GPU:
    Hercules 3D Prophet 9800Pro 128MB
    Looks more like "`nuff spamed" to me.

Maybe you Guys just dont realize that he`s pissed because the Driver dont work as it should be and of course Things like that can you make very mad.
    Maybe he could have used a less agressive way to state his Problem but on the other you guys dont have reply if you dont like his Language or the Things he is saying, right?

3. IsaacS

IsaacS Member Guru

GPU:
    Connect 3D x800 XT PE 256mb
    Exactly. Thank you for having empathy - something which the majority of posters on this topic do not seem to have.

4. bananaboi

bananaboi Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 9800 pro flash to xt @ 420/320
    ATI > Nvidia

5. sonic7

sonic7 Member

GPU:
    Hercules 3D Prophet 9800Pro 128MB
    Wee i just realized those Typos/missing Words in my last Post. :O
    Anyway, like it was posted before, there are lot more People having the same Problem, just take a look in the DH-Forums and you`ll see and if i had the same Problem i might react the same Way as he did so calm down and be happy if you dont have such Problems. :rolleyes:

6. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900

Uninstall the CCC and 5.8's and install the 5.8's and CP you should be fine then mate :)

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/5-8_xp-2k_dd_cp_wdm_25203.exe

7. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    i wish another company would come into play, cos im getting fed up with both Nvidia and ATI, Graphics cards are far too expensive, and people arent getting there moneys worth anymore, i think both companies are getting lazy because they own the market on G cards, it would be mint if PowerVR brought out a new graphics card in legue with the latest, cos i had at one time the Kyro 2 card and it was amazing, it beat the current lot of cards that were out at the time.

Oh where did they go :(

8. double_cut

double_cut Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PS3/360 Elite
    Ah the old Kyro 2, I loved that card, brings back great memories. :)

As for the op, CCC is a total waste of time imo, uninstall totally and use the normal Control Panel. If i can avoid it i will never use CCC again and i know many ATI users feel the same way. Real shame, the idea is a good one, just terribly implemented imo. :(

9. LOOM

LOOM Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7900gs
    ive gone back to 4.12's .

these new drivers arent worth the time imo. :(

10. sputnik

sputnik Member

GPU:
    Saphire 8800gts
    I have the same problem, maybe ATI just hates Aussies?

[​IMG]

11. Seabizkit

Seabizkit Guest

plz refrex you are giving me a head arch, shutup!!!, ps go home and wash

12. -Knight-RefleX*

-Knight-RefleX* Member

GPU:
    Connect 3D Ati Radeon X800XT 256DDR3 VIVO
    seems to me that its a localization problem for Australian Windows.

13. sh33p

sh33p Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3D x800pro | 474/491
    That kind of remark deserves a ban - when it is totally unnecessary.

And if you are going to continue to give abuse, then I suggest you learn to spell first.

As for this CCC business, I constantly have problems with it, so I just stick to traytools and the driver.

14. bug77

bug77 Banned

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT
    I would be angry if problems like that popped up. Remember the old CP will not be supported much longer and everybody will be forced to use CCC. (Which, according to a DH survey, 50% of the users don't want to...)

15. Drunkenmasta

Drunkenmasta Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 260 OC + Acer 26"
    Well if no cleaners work or no uninstalls, then reboot, then reinstall works, it's an ATi bug that's for sure. BUT, how many problems did Nvidia have with their FX driver-related bugs? LOTS (I know I shouldn't mention the FX range, but I have to).

It could be Aussie related lmao! Glad I went for the right one :p. I wonder if the Northern Hemisphere get's Nvidia problems and the Southern Hemisphere get ATi problems? LOL Who knowz what causes this bug. ATi with Aussie Windows??? Most Likely...

People should stop bashing this Darrin. You can really tell the ATi fanboys holding their cards next to them tucked in bed and sleeping with some of the responses I have seen. HE'S PISSED OFF, so what? Assure him that it may not be the card itself. Calling someone stupid (doesn't matter who mentioned it first) can mean alot in a forum. So the flamy ATi people take it easy and look at it from Darren's view, then reply. HE IS MOST LIKELY RIGHT! Some people get really pissed off especially when you pay alot for a card and you have problems arise :rolleyes:, so ATi pplz, don't get emotional over a piece of hardware with some copper and silicon please lol. ATi and Nvidia both have their strengths and weaknesses.

If you've got nothing good to say, don't say anything at all.

Hope this clears some things up :)

pz out

16. LOOM

LOOM Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7900gs
  17. Sobek

Sobek Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280
    And justice was served. Move on kiddo.

18. davelar

davelar Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon x800 Pro
    I had this same problem too. I just rebuilt my PC last night and when I installed the driver (5.8) this came up. I found that I didn't have all of the MS updates installed regarding the .NET. Once I brought my machine fully up to date with the MS patches everything seemed happy again.

19. reflex

reflex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 725/1800/2000
    Um what the heck?

20. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    Kyro 5 with advanced Tile based rendering is the way forward.......lol, i can always dream i suppose. :)