ati tray tools randomly exits tray

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by k10ck3r, May 11, 2005.

1. k10ck3r

k10ck3r New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 6870
    At random intervals, the ATI Tray tools icon and any temperature monitoring data, disappear from the tray. This can happen at startup or at any time during use.

I'm not sure if it may be related to the temperature monitoring feature or not ... I'll do some more debugging to determine that. I am currently displaying the VPU temperature and the environment temperature for my X800XT AIW.

System:
    WIn XP SP2 (up to date)
    Abit IC7-G
    P4 - 3.0G
    1GB RAM
    ATI X800XT AIW

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Inform me if you find something intresting. I can not duplicate this error in my computer.

3. ng_tim

ng_tim New Member

Hi Ray, I'm a new comer to this forum. As you may remember, I have sent u an email regarding the problem in version 1.0.2.663 that cause MTA0.5 can't start when ATT is on. Hope that you can solve this problem. (Just as an reminder I was using Chinese WinXP SP2 at that time :cool: )

Just stick to this thread, I face the same situation as k10ck3r is facing. When I was using 1.0.2.663, ATT randomly close my Outlook or NAV in system tray. After that I upgraded ATT to 1.0.2.673, it solved the previous problem, but then it is ATT that auto-kill itself, randomly and sliently.

I encountered this problem on 2 OS configuration as follows:

1. Chi. WinXP SP2 with Norton SystemWorks 2005 installed (Haven't format for long time)

2. Eng. WinXP SP2 with Norton SystemWorks 2005 installed (Newly formatted and installed)

I am using Grandmars ATI Radeon 9600 Pro with 128MB RAM. Hope these information can facilitate you to solve the problem. At the mean time I would use back 1.0.1.528, which works perfect for me. Thanks for your hard work! :D

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I will try to replicate this :)

5. vick_n

vick_n New Member

I have the same problem. When I start win, ATT starts for 4-5 seconds and closes itself. My system is Win XP Pro SP2.
    My video card is Asus 9600 XT 128 mb.

Last edited: May 28, 2005
  6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Give me more info about software running in background

7. k10ck3r

k10ck3r New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 6870
    In my case, I have the following running in my tray:
    MBM 5.3.7.0
    ATI Tray Tools 1.0.2.673
    Kerio Personal Firewall 4.1.3
    Daemon Tools 3.47
    Creative Volume Control (Audigy 2zs)
    ATI 5.5 tray icon
    Symantec Anti-virus (Corp 9.01)
    Logitech Mouseware 9.80 (for mx510)

8. ng_tim

ng_tim New Member

In my case, softwares running in background are:

1. Outlook 2003
    2. NAV 2005
    3. CachemanXP 1.1

9. fairuza

fairuza Member

it randomly quits on me too, both at startup and later with att v1.0.2.673.

my startup programs are kerio personal firewall 2.1.5, protowall 2.0 b2007, and dvd region free 5.82, plus att of course.

i have a minimum amount of services that load in xp too and don't think those cause it.