ATI Tray Tools - OpenGL/DirectX or Global profile

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools' started by LoXodonte, Jun 24, 2009.

1. LoXodonte

LoXodonte New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512MB
    Hi everyone, I decided to try ati tools on my 4870 as an alternative to Catalyst Control center, and at first I uninstalled because it seemed a bit more than what I needed. After I uninstalled I noticed my Catalyst drivers (9.6) were not correctly launching my color profile. I uninstalled the 9.6 cats, reinstalled, and things proressively got worse, to the point that CCC will not even start, giving the popular error: "the features in the ati catalyst control center basic view..."

Long story short, I think I may want to go with ATT afterall, but I'm a bit disappointed there does seem to be a global parameter like the NVIDIA software has, where I can launch a specific color profile for all my 3d games. Sure it has the functionality for individiual games, which is awesome, but I have 20+ games in steam, 5 of which I play pretty regular, and I'm a lazy sob!

Anyway, maybe someone has an idea how to achieve a similiar functionality out of att?

2. LoXodonte

LoXodonte New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512MB
    I'll try the latest beta of ATT when I get home as I think I first tried this with a 1.3 release.

3. LoXodonte

LoXodonte New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512MB
    geez this is annoying, if the color option was placed under 3d instead of it's own menu everythign would work perfect...

4. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680