ATI Tray Tools not loading overclock profiles with WOW

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ravynmagi, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Ravynmagi

Ravynmagi Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 4870 X2
    I've been using ATI Tray Tools for a while and never had any issue with my game profiles and overclock settings.

But I just started playing WOW and this is the first time using WOW with ATT. For some reason ATT won't load my overclock profiles with WOW. Well it does sorta. Using GPU-Z I notice it seems to load my overclock profile very briefly as the logon screen, but then it kicks it back down to my idle profile.

I'm using the wow.exe as the 3D executable. And I confirmed it is the wow.exe that is running once WOW is runnnig.

I can go out to ATT and manually enable the overclock profile. But I can't figure out why the profile won't stay on automatically.

I searched and couldn't find anything on the subject other than this old message from 2005. Very old, but the seems to be the exact same problem I'm having. Unfortunately no solution was given then.
    http://www.driverheaven.net/windows...rivers/84853-overclocking-ati-tray-tools.html

I'm using Windows 7 build 7068, ATI Catalyst 9.4 drivers, and ATT 1.6.9.1386.

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I don't have this game so I can not check whats wrong.

3. bozzy

bozzy Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 660ti OC / 860m
    Same here, with exaclty the same symptoms in WOW.
    Logis in a enables then drops back off.

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Be sure you put .exe of game itself into game profile, not the loader.