ATi Tray Tools for Vista

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by _[TeamATi], Jan 30, 2007.

1. atomsk

atomsk Banned

that's good, all I want is for you to give us vista users a chance and not throw in the towel completely

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  2. atomsk

atomsk Banned

The systems builders copy boasts that it's limited, strictly, to one pc and cannot be transferred. How true is that? I would think that there really isn't a full-proof way to stop someone from installing a copy of an OS on any machine they wanted to (aside from hardware limitations that is).

3. jmbuehler

jmbuehler New Member

Funny guy.
    Anyway, as long as you dont keep both machines with the system builder's version of the OS connected to the internet at the same time, I don't see either, how you could be stopped fom installing it on as many machines as you'd like. The only thing I can think of, is that upon activation, Microsoft receives the exact hardware configuration of the machine including CPU ID, and then stops you from activating with different hardware.

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    All of the games i have works with vista, i haven came across a game that wouldnt start. And I have alot of games.

Your computer will run vista fine, If I running it fine. And I finding my games running better for me under vista then they did in XP. Some run the same as they do in XP. And some run a bit better.

The only driver I waiting for is Razer sound card drivers So I can use my headsets right,since i'm using them thru there HDMI connection. Other then that I can just use my speakers thru optical.

And I dont have any other driver problems and I have drivers for every thing.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007

5. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Sounds good :)

6. talon_262

talon_262 Member

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 3870 512MB
    You're not very bright, are you? We don't need *******s like you making petulant demands on Ray's time and money and insulting people who call you out on it, especially when Vista still needs some more tweaking by MS and the major hardware vendors. I'm sure he'll try to port ATT to Vista when he gets the opportunity, but the least you can do is have a big glass of STFU and be patient.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  7. AXS

AXS Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi HD 4800
    Ray Adams Will you do version of ATT for MacOS X? - it's more stable then Vista and you have some fans there that want one. :) :download:

8. coolbit

coolbit New Member

GPU:
    NV 6800 128Mb 16/6
    The only thing why would one need VISTA is DX10 games which are currently NONE...
    All other things can be done in XP... so i really dont understand why all of you rushing to VISTA... it still neds an antivirus, it still needs a firewall... what is better in VISTA actualy??

And on top of that some are demanding from others to upgrade to vista too cos they want software for it??

Get a life... its just an os which basicaly NO ONE truly needs...

9. Framaris

Framaris New Member

GPU:
    x1900XT
    Hi Ray,

Just a little encouragement from the Netherlands.:)
    I’ve been using your application for years in XP and I think that everybody would agree with me on the great quality of your work!

I was one of the people saying that I would not invest in to Vista before all the problems ware out of the way.
    Well, I’m a long time tweaker and I couldn’t resist to the challenge of Vista any longer.:)

Of course my system (s) are fairly recent, but I do have Vista Ultimate installed in dual boot and did managed to fix all the problems I had.
    Two things are still holding me to make Vista my main OS, both come’s from internet GURU’S (Ray Adams and Koroush Ghazi) working for free to provide tools and guides for the well being of tweakers.

I have two solutions to the cooling problem of my Video card(s) (I do have an other system with a x1950pro), an after market cooler or a new video card, both involve spending money.
    Of course ATT would save me that cost and I wanted to say that I would be more then happy to pay or donate for it.
    I think that is not fair for people’s like you to be forced to give away your products for free, because if your ware to ask for money, your work would end up on bittorrent or something similar.

I think that by the end of this year Vista will be main OS for a lot of people, it would be a shame to have lost an application like yours in the process!
    So take your time, and I’m sure that it will live up to the standard we are used from you!

Cheers,

(excuse my bad English!)

10. puntarenas

puntarenas Active Member

GPU:
    Mad Moxx X1900XT 512MB
    I don't think there will be a lot of D3D10 only games soon and to be serious, this is the only reason to switch from XP to Vista, unless you want to spend your money for some eyecandy. Please don't tell me about the new driver-model as a reason for Vista exclusivity, D3D10 is attempted extortion and it wil work within the MS monopoly, but there are one or two more years XP will do fine.

If Ray tries to support Vista as soon as possible a lot of "inncocent" people will benefit from his work right now, think about all those new PCs coming with Vista bundled. Unfortunately kernel-mode drivers will need Digital Signatures and I wonder how ATTs low-level functionality could work without or if Ray wants to go through the expensive process.

11. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    It has a antivirus, Avast works with vista which is better then nothing. As for Firewall, Windows firewall is enjoy. Or if you have a router with hardware nat.

And sec I dont need people like you telling me what I should use or not use then insulting people like me because you cant afford it or have a diffent opinion.

I not having problems with Vista But I am dual booted til Razer put out there own set of sound drivers. You do know the same can be said for XP. If every one though like you.

We all would still be on windows 98se.

12. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    All you would need to do is disable that device thing at bootup with F8, And I sure it work fine after that. If some one esle did the same thing for rivaturner to get it to work.

If some one finds a way to disable that for good all things should be fine.

13. puntarenas

puntarenas Active Member

GPU:
    Mad Moxx X1900XT 512MB
    The Windows 9X series was a 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

SCNR!

That "device thing" is one of the main new features of Vista. Although Microsoft already relativized parts of the new security model (namely UAC) somehow, to deactivate those signatures is intended for development use only.

14. at0msk

at0msk Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic HD3870 512
    lol! shhhh

15. coolbit

coolbit New Member

GPU:
    NV 6800 128Mb 16/6
    I use an OS that doesnt need an antivirus nor firewall to run without problems...
    i you want to run all that software just to run games and be safe, be my guest :heh:
    I can afford vista no problem but i will never buy it cos i dont play games and for other things i dont need it...
    I just wanted to say that you should leave alone who doesnt want to run or support vista for now and just wait till it gets some more support and proper drivers...

16. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I dont care if you dont support vista, I didnt tell you that you had to or any one esle. Also you cant force your opinion on other people. I dont really support M$, But I still buy there Oses because I play games on my computer also.

I not realy dual booted any more since I found away around a minor driver problem which really wasnt any thing, I just had to use the adaptor that came with my sound card and headset to get around it. Any way back on topic.

That was your opinion if you think no one needs vista and your titled to it .We cant stay in the past we have to move on sooner or later. Windows Xp was great but it time to go foward.

I perfer to be safe then sorry thats why I run anti virus software and adaware removers. Viruses can come from any media.

I dont want to run unprotected, I learned that the hard way ages ago, of course that isnt that many viruses for linux. Because it isnt what being used alot. Windows is so they make that there target.

If linux was being used by alot of people instead of windows, there would be alot of viruses for linux also. Look at mac os virus writters starting to go after that.

So really no Os is perfect. I dont really see the point of you laughing because some one want to be on the safe side.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  17. coolbit

coolbit New Member

GPU:
    NV 6800 128Mb 16/6
    Sorry but i was not laughing to anyone... seems you missed my point but nevermind...
    I prefer to be safe too but not by running extra software but by going to safer OS and already moved forward, not to vista but to OSX and now waiting for leopard... :)
    I still have my XP machine though but rarely use it... maybe i will use vista some day but definateli not before one or two years from now when it grows to a level XP is now...

Sorry for offtopic.

18. at0msk

at0msk Member Guru

GPU:
    LOL! you said leopard like it's worth anything :D

19. at0msk

at0msk Member Guru

GPU:
    is there a version for vista with 64bit support yet?

20. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Ok. I thing tomorrow I will have DVD with Vista :)
    So I will be able to start digging into it :)