ATI Tray Tools - 1.2.6.955 (discussion)

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by Ray Adams, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Tovarish

Tovarish Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X1900xt @ 710/840
    Thanks a lot! :D

Let me know please when this feature will be added ;)

P.S. I don't like the new ATT tray icon too.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  2. Beren-OneHand

Beren-OneHand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    do you think these will make me Bluescreen (ati2dvag) like the previous versions of ATT have?

3. Beren-OneHand

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
  4. lorenzo.x119

lorenzo.x119 Active Member

GPU:
    Club3d 8800gts @610/2000
    I tried some things for overclock my x1800xt, first I created 2 profile and then (by Auto Overclocking option) set one for 3D and the other for 2D. But this didn't work properly (controlled the graphic monitoring), then used the overdrive 3 but not even with this, the overclock worked! Is there a guide?

Edit: It seems like the profiles that i created didn't load themselves

5. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I think you did something wrong. :) Explain me step by step all what you done.

Like everything new :) Look in ATT icon itself, its the same icon :) Just because there are no more ATI, I decided to use my old tray icon.

6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    What was your problem?

7. lorenzo.x119

GPU:
    Club3d 8800gts @610/2000
    I retry, in another simple way.

1) Created an Oc (Overclocked) profile and applied it

[​IMG]
    2) Started the Monitoring tool that showed me the overclocked frequencies
    3) started the game, but in right the moment I Started the game, the frequencies turned to default (I didn't do the photo just because the game was running below, and didn't allow me to do that)...

$) Here is what result, that shows you that when I started the game the frequencies turned to default, and my Oc profile turned off.
    [​IMG]

(also tried to force the game to use that profile, but came to nothing. Seems like is the old problem of videos...)

8. Beren-OneHand

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    whenever i change a setting like antialiasing or anisotropic filtering, it hangs, and then it bluescreens, telling me i have an error in ati2dvag.

several driver cleanings and reinstalls, as well as several different versions of drivers, modded and un-modded, have not helped, neither have different versions of the tray tools.

edit: also, this last time, it bluescreened my computer just by running, so i had to go to task manager the next time i restarted it and killed the process before it could do anything. it's currently uninstalled.

i'd really like if you could help me fix it though, CCC sucks :(

9. bobolix

bobolix Member

GPU:
    ATI X1900XT
    so far not so good...auto switching not working (maybe it's me....)

CAT 6.10 clean install - Services are running - no AtiTool or RT installed
    I created a 2d profile, changed the voltages and created a 3d profile with default 620/720 settings...

here are the screens...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hope you can help me....
    Roberto

10. AXS

AXS Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi HD 4800
    Disable Ati HotKey Poller.

11. Concorde Rules

Concorde Rules Active Member

GPU:
    ATi HD4870 512Mb 825/1075
    Installed it and lost voltage control again! 4 hours later I have it back :fang:

Also mine works without the service running, no video clocks change, games work :D

12. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    It seems that this is issue with Mobile version of Radeon. Try these:
    1. Turn off I2C in atitray.ini (close ATT before)
    2. If 1. doens't help try to turn off "Use new Apply 3D settings mode" in General Settings of ATT

13. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    How did you check it?

2 lorenzo.x119 - ATI HotKey Poller MUST be disable if you want to use "Low Level" Overclocking.

14. Beren-OneHand

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
  15. lorenzo.x119

GPU:
    Club3d 8800gts @610/2000
    Now works, thanks!

Even if the game/vga crashed because the overclock failed (core to 675 / memory to 775) Maybe I have to raise the voltage, that i didn't touch even in th e overclock profile, and so remained to 1.3 / 2.0970

How do I have to set them for an overclock profile ?

16. neilsouth

neilsouth Active Member

GPU:
    X1800XT
    Im using " driver clocking " hopefully that should keep the clocks ive set the previous beta worked fine :beer:

17. Clam

Clam New Member

Please change the tray icon

Long time lurker, first time poster. MOF, I had to register just to post this comment, please oh please either 1) change the tray icon back and/or 2) give us an option to change it.

There is something about it that burns my eyes, and hiding it doesn't help because I still know it's there.

Otherwise, great job on the new release.

18. Praz

Praz Member

GPU:
    HIS IceQ 1900xt
    You guys are freakin unbelievable.

19. Clam

Clam New Member

Why Praz, because you don't like our comments ? You think I'm the only one ? Read these forums, read the ngs, read Betanews. Everywhere this release has been posted, COUNTLESS people are asking nicely to have the old icon back. A simple request, if you don't like the request (which is why this thread is here), then STFU and move on.

20. bobolix

bobolix Member

GPU:
    ATI X1900XT
    well 3 different ways...
    1. before installing ATT, checked with Rivatuner the frequencies (not overclock settings in RT) and I did a 3dmark06...the frequencies went from 2d to 3d automatically and I get a result with 3dmark06 (say 5800, I actually dont remember exactly);
    2. installed ATT without activating overclock, using the Monitoring Graphs built in ATT and had a 3dmark06; result was say 5780 (I remember it was a little lower than the one made before)
    3. created 2d profile and 3d profile with the regular settings (620/720 @ 3d) and turned on auto-overclocking as per above screens...3dmark06 was around 4900 :paranoid: and the monitoring was allways showing the 2dclocks (no switch); I re-did it with the Monitoring software of Rivatuner as well (no overclcoking in RT) and the gpu/mem was sticked at the 2dclocks
    4. I changed manually the profile in ATT, without touching auto-overclock and got a 5800 again in 3dmark06; once the 3dmark was finished the gpu/mem stayed @ 620/720 without going back to 2d

hope it's enough and will help you (and me as well :help: )

Roberto