ATI Tray Tools - 1.2.6.940 (discussion)

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by Ray Adams, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    There is no box to check to leave hotkeypoller alone :/

2. React

React Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 5850
    FINALLY ATT Overclock works for me with the leatest beta.
    Ati services are NOT disabled and after playing avi file GPU and MEM clocks
    doesn't change.
    Good job Ray!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2006
  3. Praz

Praz Member

GPU:
    HIS IceQ 1900xt
    Card downclocks to 2d settings when playing video with x1900xt with ATI HotKey Poller Enable or disabled using new beta.

4. puntarenas

puntarenas Active Member

GPU:
    Mad Moxx X1900XT 512MB
    Tell me you are kidding, how about answering "No" (please do not deactivate Hotkey Poller, leave it alone) in combination with the checkbox "Do this each start of ATI Tray Tools".

However you are right, the english dialog box is not 100% definite and therefore a little bit misleading. But be honest, just a microscopic little bit...

5. ATi7500

ATi7500 Member

GPU:
    R7 Graphics
    of course :)
    Lower the frequencies of GPU/Mem to 300/300, set VGPU to 0.900v and VMEM to the lowest value (1.785v), then save it as a 2D profile.
    Then make a 3D profile with higher frequencies and voltages than the default of the card, for both GPU and Mem, and save it.
    Try to switch between them and see how the VMEM voltage sticks on the 3d profile value :eyebrows:

6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Clocks will not be resets to default in next version (or in current beta) if you use Driver Level overclocking, but! If you just start windows and didn't apply any overclocking yet, it will resets :) So you at least need to load any 2D profiles with ATT starts

7. WKjun

WKjun Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7950
    First of all, I want to thank you for your work and this awsome new release! I use the official 940s now because of the OC capability for X1x00 cards.

First problem I had when installing the 1.2.6.940 over 1.0.5.880 (now solved):
    Is uninstalling the old ATT before installing the 1.2.6.940 a must? Because I didn't want to set all settings again, I've just installed over the old version and the result was that after starting ATT the whole WinXP became black/white (like the XP shutdown effect)... only un- and reinstalling both ATT & Cat6.9 completely solved the problem.

Second problem:
    I have two A8R32-MVP and two X1800XT/256 cards, 1.2.6.940 and Cat6.9. On one system the 2D/3D switch for GPU speed&voltage works, on the other system it crashes the system directly after entering a game. Both are fresh installs of WinXP SP2 with the same updates and the same games installed. Should I reinstall graphics driver and ATT? BTW this was the system I faced the problem with the b/w effect (first problem).

8. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I do not recommend to use 2d/3d for x1xxx boards with Low Level overclocking. Sometimes and on some systems it can hangs at the stage of entering in game. This is because low level overclocking of x1xxx is very complicated procedure. Try to use game profiles with manual overclocking if you got any problems with 2d/3d.

9. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
  10. ATi7500

ATi7500 Member

GPU:
    R7 Graphics
    remember that the 1800XL doesn't have an automatic 2d/3d switch ;) did you look into my issue?

11. Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades Member

GPU:
    2 Asus X1950XTX in CF
    Is it possible to display the absolute fan rpm?
    I can just see the percentages

Ray: You got pm

12. ElfjeTwaalfje

ElfjeTwaalfje Member

GPU:
    HD4850toxic & HD3850 512M
    Just for the record, I found the source of the problems I had with the fanspeed control. After hours of searching, troubleshooting and some deep thoughts I found that my x1600 was not registered as a display class type device. After manualy correcting this in the registry I discovered that the complete display class type description was missing as well! Maybe some ATI eraser tool goofed, I don't know. After restoring the display class description the x1600 was recognised as "display" again and both ATI tray and ATI tools recognised all fanspeeds correctly ones more.

13. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    No one board from ATI has it :)

14. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    ATT can display it for 1800/1900. And may be for 1950 too, but I cant say exactly.

15. ATi7500

ATi7500 Member

GPU:
    R7 Graphics
    in 1800XT/1900XT's (and variants) bioses, there are 2 profiles called Overdrive #1 and #2, that represents the 2D and 3D modes. The 1800XL bios has only 1 overdrive profile :)

16. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I know, but this is not hardware level 2d/3d. This should be controlled by software part of driver

17. ATi7500

ATi7500 Member

GPU:
    R7 Graphics
    yea, sometimes i call bios functions as hardware functions haha
    btw my fault :p

18. Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades Member

GPU:
    2 Asus X1950XTX in CF
    may I ask where?

19. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    If you can't find it, so it doesn't show it for your board :) Its just at the top right side of dialog box in FAN tab

20. Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades Member

GPU:
    2 Asus X1950XTX in CF
    Yep isnt there. I shortly can see a "_" when I open the tab tho. What a pity :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.