ATi SLI(MVP) details leaked!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Meta|Gear, May 7, 2005.

1. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Pretty Hate Machine

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L
  2. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS x850 XT PE VIVO PCI-Express
    Sounds nice, especially the part about using two different cards.

3. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
    Wahoo!!!

Time to beat SLi into small iddy-biddy pieces!

That is, of course, is if it is as good as it sounds!!

4. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    To be honest, thats not what really interests me. Its more their tile rendering. That will be what makes the difference in performance, which company can render a game better accross GPU's and what % performance increase that will give. The other thing that will be interesting is if ALL games will be compatible with it, or if they need a profile or compatibility set up in the drivers like on Nvidia cards.
    Also, I would be interested in seeing how ATI mobo chipsets perform, in comparason to Nforce 4.

So, you see there are still alot of questions about it, but i shall certainly be keeping an interested eye on developments.

5. cornbreadbreath

cornbreadbreath Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTX @ 615/1080
    Dual X850XT's...that will absolutely crush a 6800 Ultra SLI setup. I am drooling right now.

True, there are lots of questions, and I really do wonder what the tiling will do, will it be better or worse? Either way, I think it will be absolutely awesome when it comes out. Sigh, now I have to save money for an Athlon X2 and a new mobo + X850XT. My wishlist just grows...