1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI screwing hd3000 users!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by BoxChevy, Jun 13, 2010.

1. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Member

GPU:
    Asus strix 1080ti
    wondering why ati has removed support for desktop hd3000 cards that have gpu acceleration in flash
    http://blogs.amd.com/home/2010/06/10/amd-and-adobe-–-a-shared-vision-for-better-videos/

why would they only support integrated solutions? my card can handle 720p and 1080p in mpc fine with dxva, and apparently they released 9.11 with support for dxva flash on 3000 cards but then took it away, so am i forced to return to 9.11 hotfix just to watch flash videos properly, its just ridiculous that they are forcing u to upgrade and once again not supporting there lower end cards, this will def be my last ati product between no linux support and this, there is mention of a class action suit on the flash forums for taking away features advertised but i doubt that will resolve anything

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/650748?tstart=0

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  2. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    It's because UVD2 support is required.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Video_Decoder#UVD_enabled_GPUs

Did it function properly for you? I tried it back then with my 3850 and it worked only for one video at the time, when I opened more videos they were displaying weird colors.

3. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Member

GPU:
    Asus strix 1080ti
    my card supports uvd2 its not perfect on 9.11 but gpu accerleration is defintely working getting around 40percent with 9.11 0 with anything newer, just seems like a cheap trick to get us to upgrade seems they made a mistake releasing support with 9.11 and quickly removed it

4. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    What card do you have?

5. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Member

GPU:
    Asus strix 1080ti
    ur right only the 3200 is supported, why?? every hd video worked fine on youtube and abroad until 4-5 months ago since the change to flash 10 just ridiculous how they make u upgrade when everything was working fine, makes no sense

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2081698

6. rjc862003

rjc862003 Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5750@855/1337
    the 3200 chipset is OLD and WEAK
    now stfu and get a real gpu :biggun:
    seriously a p4 ?
    you expect 5 year old hardware to be supported for ever ?
    ur fking crazy

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    I agree, its only now that console makers are trying to support their systems for longer than the usual 5 year life cycle. We have Sony to thank for that which started with the PS1 which lasted like 12 years and then the PS2 which is still supported and now the PS3 will retire sometime in 2012. Then factor in that PC hardware moves along around 20X faster than console hardware and the support is bound to dry up.

In a sense its not a bad thing being made to upgrade, as to be quite honest your system needs to be basically thrown in the bin. The P4's were never good only for frying an egg on and even then it would come off covered in thermal paste :p, the HD3000 series was a fumble as well not even matching Nvidia's offering who basically just repackaged the G80 as the 9800 series.

8. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    um time to upgrade i guess and buy a new video card. You can find a 5670 for way under 100 bucks.

9. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    290 x2, Saphire reference
    rjc862003, treat your fellow members with some respect!

@BoxChevy, you can't expect to get support for older hardware all the time. It's not even AMD's fault Flash has been updated, it's Adobes.

10. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Member

GPU:
    Asus strix 1080ti
    Id expect the upgrade thing if it never Worked right but I had no problems with HD vids and flash till flash 10 and latest catalyst I know I need an upgrade I'm almost there just don't like being forced by flash and and when the hardware is capable FFS I can run crysis on high and metro2033 on medium great but those 480p youtubbers are so advanced I need to spend 1200 on a pci e system..... 3870 is 2.5 years old that's dated??

11. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

Nice, I see you type with your forehead. Chill, he can run an old ass PC if he wants, but he needs to know that you don't get a free ride forever.

12. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Video acceleration is for GPUs with very weak underlying CPUs. You're in an absolute minority as usually a high performance GPU is not coupled with a low end CPU like in your case so it doesn't make sense to implement those features for a high end GPU. You're not part of the target audience, unlike those on atoms or low power AMD chips that come with HD3200/HD4200 IGPs that actually NEED that video acceleration to get something that's watchable. Seriously, your CPU can't handle 480P content?

Perhaps you should have made a more balanced and well thought out system all them years ago.

13. Imperious

Imperious Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Phoenix GTX1070
    How about You take Your pig ignorant elitist attitude and Get Lost.
    If You have nothing to say in a respectful way, shut up!

Now, back to the matter at hand, the P4 is a massive bottleneck for a 3870AGP card (maybe really a 3850AGP), even the Pentium M at 2.7ghz was a bottleneck for it, I know cos I had one, only those Asrock boards with socket 775 could get the most out of it.

Considering that You can not really play most of the latest games on it anyway, how about just using the old driver that did work ok?

I don't know what You mean about no Linux support, because I had my 3850 working fine on Ubuntu 9.10, not sure about video hardware acceleration, as the stupid Asrock mobo couldn't play DVD's at all unless they were first unencrypted onto the hdd, it did that on XP, Win7, and Ubuntu.

14. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Member

GPU:
    Asus strix 1080ti
    it was as good as i could get those many years ago, p4 3.2 p4c800 deluxe corsair xms 6800ultra jus trying to get the last bit of life out of my agp system, i just miss how a year ago my p4 system was good enough for everything but high resolution gaming, now alll of a sudden the internet is too much for my computer even firefox is a hog, i was exaggerating a lil on the 480p vids but i could play the 720p vids fine for a long time then it just stopped i just see it as a push to upgrade, if i can run untouched bluray mts files with gpu acceleration why cant i run youtube vids all of a sudden

15. rjc862003

rjc862003 Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5750@855/1337
    first **** off
    second respect is earned not given
    third the tone of the op thread is OMG **** ATI they broke my 5 year old system
    the reality is simple
    A: no one is forcing him to update drivers OR flash version ( yet)
    B: Don't blame the vendor failing to support dated hardware
    C: seriously if a 3Ghz P4 should not have any issue decoding flash video on its own even with out a gpu at all
    D: quote "t was as good as i could get those many years ago, p4 3.2 p4c800 deluxe corsair xms 6800ultra jus trying to get the last bit of life out of my agp system, i just miss how a year ago my p4 system was good enough for everything but high resolution gaming, now alll of a sudden the internet is too much for my computer even firefox is a hog, i was exaggerating a lil on the 480p vids but i could play the 720p vids fine for a long time then it just stopped i just see it as a push to upgrade, if i can run untouched bluray mts files with gpu acceleration why cant i run youtube vids all of a sudden "
    :bull **** the only high res gaming that thing has done in the past year is play mine sweeper or run 3 year old games
    to simplify things
    old pc is old old pcs are !unsupported
    support was removed because maintaining that old driver tree would take time money and effort that would be better spent on fixing things like gray screen crashes

just leave flash 10.1B and ATI cat 9.11 you wont get anything up upgrading versions anyway

16. asingh

asingh Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 4890 (X-Fire)
    ^^
    You really are rude and crude. There is a way to tell people stuff, I am sure the OP here understands that his system is old and legacy. He was just questioning us, and you are smirking at his set-up and being more discouraging then helpful. What you typed about an old system not being supported -- everyone knows that.

OP, stay with the 9.11 drivers. Are drivers post 9.11 release making any difference to your performance..?

17. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    290 x2, Saphire reference
    second respect is earned not given

Learn to read, I said treat members with respect, not 'respect him'. There's a fundemental difference in there. I see you've got a lot to do in the way you communicate with people. It's a better idea to come up with good arguments to make a point then 'Omfg that sux0rs because I say so, and I are 1337'.

18. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    How are you able to run Crysis on High with a Pentium 4 o_O? Even with a Radeon HD 4850 which arguably has roughly the same or more performance than the Radeon HD 3870 and I can't even run Crysis on high without lagging (anything less than 50 fps is lag, 30 - 50 fps is barely playable).

Also, I have a quad core that beats the snot out of any Pentium 4, so I don't see how this works o_O unless you're playing at like 1280x800 or something that low of a resolution... Also, last check the AGP interconnect will bottleneck the GPU thus, I can't fathom how you can play the game on high without lag.

EDIT: Not going to lie, but 2 and a half years old is a long time in the computer industry considering there's a new product every 9 months in said industry. Even the Radeon HD 4000 series has been superseded by the Radeon HD 5000 series within the span of 9 - 12 months. By now we've been through 2 cycles. By end of year if rumours are correct, we're going through another cycle. As much as I hate to admit it, but there's going to be newer and better products for GPUs yearly (and sometime CPU as well).

deltatux

19. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Support for your card will disappear from newer drivers, just stick with the older drivers as I doubt newer drivers will ever bring you extra performance or bug fixes.

20. sirDaniel

sirDaniel Active Member

GPU:
    940MX
    Dont know about dx applications, but recent drivers update brings OpenGl 3.x and general opengl performance improvements.

Concerning youtube playback. What about streaming by standalone player with support for dxva?? You need to obtain direct link and give it to the player capable of hardware acceleration while streaming. I never tried it but i bet it would work.