ATI Ruby Directx 9 and Directx 10 pics

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by NvidiaFreak, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    Me wants :D lol I can't wait to see the official R600 demo... Maybe I can't run it, but all those HD videos do some justice hehe...

Yep, it looks heaps better on DX10. Those lips are amazing!

2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    Technically you right, but they know how to make drivers, they do it for 7 years and even more i would expect better drivers stability but meh it's just me.

3. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    oooooo aaaaa, they added an extra light under her chin and bightened the one aboe her face, direct X 10 is truely amazing. Those DX 10 nostrals look horrible too.

Direct X 10 was not slated to bring any amazing new effects to windows over Direct X 9 ( except maybe geometry shaders ), it's more about efficiency and functionality.

If you seriously think the DX10 picture is a fair test, and actually would look better in Direct X 10 than in Direct X 9, then you're kidding yourself.

I declare these pictures bullshots.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Looks good to me!

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Laykun: yep..... MS went through SOOO much effort to bring out DX10 with efficiency and functionality enhancements over DX9, so they can run the same old graphics at a higher framerate.

you're only kidding yourself buddy. If MS made DX10 with efficiency and functionality in mind, it's only because then they can create more intense graphics WITH said increase efficiency.

6. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Point is Direct X 9 could render the second image aswell, and it's not really the said "difference" between DX9 and 10, it's just a content update. Whoopdeedoo.

7. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    I declare you are right on the money.
    ATI probably pulled the same trick NVIDIA did when they "compared" SM 2.0 to SM 3.0... (they actually compared DX8 to DX9) :thumbdown

8. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    I still think Ruby is ugly. All this fancy tech and they still can't make a pretty girl :p

9. DeatHRattlE

DeatHRattlE Maha Guru

GPU:
    E-VGA 7800GT CO
    I dont mean to be rude, but you see one picture and ATI wins?

10. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    Ruby never looked nice to me... so it doesn't matter if they add in more lighting effects or some geometry shader. Adrianne, on the other hand, looked nice.

But it's true that DX10 is more about efficiency and functionality.

11. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    Ruby is nice but she dosen't present her name really good. if you know that there is a red crystal that called Ruby and that is the second reason why is she red(except ATI logo) however... Adriane was more convinced her details on face were more impressive but i wouldn't count on that as it comes to game, we shall wait to R600 and see what AMD can bring to us.

12. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Daaaaamnnnn... big... no HUGE difference

13. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    I think what he meant, was drivers that actually work. Oh, and the whole "do it yourself" line is B.S. You pay good money for the hardware, its their responsibility to have divers that properly work. Sli and all.

14. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    DX10 = Faster DX9 allowing more special effects and higher quality soft shadows...

Interview with Epic games points it all out...

DX10 looks better because of that very reason. Its faster rendering allowing more special effects.

DX10 picture definately looks better, more realistic lighting and better defined. Is it a light and day difference?? IMO no not really but it looks better for sure.

15. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Blue: yes, it's their responsibility..... but they're not f*cking superhuman. they've got Forceware drivers to work on for Vista, and probably also NForce drivers for vista to work on alongside it.

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon VII
    True that...the 7.1 ATI drivers are for cards already on the market also... their new line that got delayed again. So they dont have to worry about DX10 with new cards as of yet. No wonder ATI's drivers work..cuz they are for existing cards.

Nvida is busy trying to get a unified driver across all their cards including 8800's. Takes time, Vista is barely a baby at that. I'm seriously glad i wasnt on the forum when i saw people going to XP...man i bet that was really bad. Especially considering XP was 100 times worse at launch.

Like Elemental says...they arent superhuman aka superman. Nvidia working on a lot more compared to ATI. SLI 2.0 etc etc....

Patience is a virtue...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  17. OATKK

OATKK Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 1 GB
    and the winner is ..... here

She have the bigger ........:pipe:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  18. Steven Hone

Steven Hone Paolo the Gun

GPU:
    Zotac AMP Extrme 1080 GTX
    Never heard that one before, lol

19. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    That picture is pretty horrible. What ever that texture is on her bra, it's horrid.

I honestly don't think that the CG chicks are all that great looking. One their clothing is TOO revealing, I mean, there's certain levels of good looking, attractive, sexy, cute, smart, they don't really seem to achieve any of these levels, as they try to hit all 4 ( just my opinion here ). I'd rather see ruby in a shirt and long pants ( with cloth physics, to create a free flowing material look ) than the horribly shiny training bra and tight pants she's been put in. Not to mention that with all the make up, both these women look like street hookers. Luna kinda had a cool outfit.

As for the Direct X 10 statement, if they wanted to demonstrate the true difference between DX 9 and 10 they'd render the same scene, with an FPS graph, so everyone can get a good idea about what's so great about it.

I think adrianne is quite ugly to be honest, along with ruby.

20. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    I think the problem is on an artistic scale rather than a technical one. These demos feel forced rather than showing off the beauty of something.