ATI Radeon X1950 Pro AGP (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by WildStyle, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    Hey, that's cool man, the physic's settings on maximum does cripple FPS a bit though. But it's no big deal.

And about LCD's and tearing, I have a 5ms LCD and do get a bit of tearing, I think I use vsync more as a personal preference, and it only seems to tear in FEAR.

2. marc2003

marc2003 Active Member

GPU:
    sapphire hd4850 512mb
    my screen is rated at 8ms. tearing certainly is a reality for me and only vsync can fix it. :D

3. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    Can I get a linky to a review or somthing on it please?

4. marc2003

marc2003 Active Member

GPU:
    sapphire hd4850 512mb
    no reviews i'm afraid. it's a "packard bell maestro 190w" 19in wide screen 1440x900. i can't find anything on google.

besides tearing is a common problem across a wide range of monitors, not just mine. that's why i couldn't believe what you were saying. but it's not all games. hl2 is the only fps i have trouble with. call of duty 2 is fine. another problematic game is pro evo6. not a very demanding game graphically, but the tearing on that applies to just about anyone with an lcd screen. :)

//off topic. got the australian open women's tennis final on the tv. damn that maria sharapova is hot..... :D

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007

5. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    Packard bell still exist? O_O Damn I haven't seen a product from them since I had a computer from them back in like 1995-6 or something.

6. honestjohn

honestjohn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Hawk HD 5770 @ 1010C
    Well, just tried Prey with Vsync off and got immediate tearing with my 5ms Samsung and I think I just remembered where the tearing problem comes from on an LCD.....I think. It's not tied to the response time, but the refresh rate of the LCD. For example, if your max refresh rate is 75hz at 1280x1024, the maximum framerates you can push through is 75 without possible tearing. So Vsync, synchronizes the framerate with the refresh rate of the LCD. If VSync is off, and framerates are above 75, tearing can occur because too much information is being sent down the pipe/to the video buffer. I know my terminology is way off here, but I'm doing it from memory, like 4-5 years ago when I picked up my first LCD.

7. Karl 2

Karl 2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    If all else is woking as it should the your card should be properly powered by the two Molex. Mobo shouldn't be a problem as your card draws no power from it.

8. Unity

Unity Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT
    He doesn't have any idea of what he is talking about, just freaking ignore him like everybody else with half a sense does.

Infdamarvel loves to participate in threads in which he has no first hand knowledge of...he owns none of the hardware being discussed, yet he will argue with you until he is blue in the face, proclaiming that he knows everything about the topic you are discussing. He owns an old, outdated computer....and he should stick to topics that are based around hardware he owns.....period.

Click on any X1950Pro thread in this forum, and you'll see what I mean, he's there spreading his B.S. propaganda, and trying to get n00bs to think he's some kind of expert on the X1950Pro. Dont listen to him, he knows nothing, and he has NO fisrt hand experience with the topic that's being discussed.

It's your choice as always, but I've had a first hand look at his B.S.....dont put yourself through it.

Tally-ho

:givebeer:

9. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    That was uncalled for, InfDaMarvel has never claimed to be a 1950pro expert. There is nothing wrong with his posts, everybody has an opinion, and should be allowed to express it as long as they are not complete nonsense like posts guruboy's were.

10. fasteddy

fasteddy Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x Asus HD6950oc
    :frown: Well HonestJohn, that's a right bag-o-****e! Why's that bugger overheating? I have a HiS IceQ 9800pro (on the spares shelf now) with the artic cooler on and it works a treat! I'd have thought that I'd be great on the x1950? Does it contact the VRM's at all? Make good contact on the memory? Has it come loose on its long journey?

Well at least you've found a workaround and had some fun for the past couple of days!

11. ptisi

ptisi New Member

GPU:
    6600 GT AGP
    I have a sapphire x1950 pro agp with flashing points problem (artifacts) in the windows xp desktop and in games also. Are these flashing points due to overheating or to the psu ?
    Any suggestion?

Thanks

12. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    your psu isnt exactly powerful, how many amps on the 12v rail?

13. aircool

GPU:

Guruboy's gone, even if you mean InfDaMarvel he has said he knows little and appologized.

14. Micky9000

Micky9000 Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800 OC 512
    Just sent my HIS x1950pro for a RMA caus it kept black screening on me,so i went and filed down my 4pin to 6pin molex and that delayed the problem by a couple of days but came back with a vengeance, so i bought a corsair HX620 hoping it would do the trick but nothing changed, still happens every 20-30mins and my card was at 48 under load so its not overheating even happened in windows at 36 idle temp. So i hope the replacement is going to work like it should,
    sorry for this long post just want to let you guys know that in the end my card is faulty.

15. honestjohn

honestjohn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Hawk HD 5770 @ 1010C
    Yeah, did that already per last long-ass post of mine.

Working fine at the moment and still idling 35-36c. I'm actually double checking right now and I'm going to give it another :bounce: look Thanks.

16. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    Its ok, Unity is obviously one of the people on the forums that Ive gotten in a disagreement with before. So hes decided to be immature when it comes to me.
    Just take note on how he talks about my hardware and tries to relates that to knowing about any other piece of hardware. Common ignorance.

17. 1highlander

1highlander Member

GPU:
    HIS ati x1950 pro 512mb agp
    just wodering here guys, if i can get some help of yas, ive recently, bought a HIS x1950 pro 512mb agp, and ive get freezes intermittently,and sound looping, ive tryed everything i know beta via drivers etc, ive come to the conclusion it might be my power supply, it says its got 20 amps on 12v rail, and when i check it fluctuates from 12v to 11.8 etc:frown:

18. aircool

GPU:
    yeah your psu is a bit weak for that card, sorry :|

19. 1highlander

1highlander Member

GPU:
    HIS ati x1950 pro 512mb agp
    thanks for quick reply, thought it might have been cause i was overclocking also :( p.s ill try with normal default . before i buy new psu

20. aircool

GPU:
    although ...

set everything to default, IE- cpu to stock etc , make sure the cards temps are around the 70's not higher than 90