ATI Radeon X1950 Pro AGP (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by WildStyle, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Unity

Unity Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT
    That's not true, but believe what you want.

2. GSXRmrbusa

GSXRmrbusa Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gts 320 x 2 SLI@stock
    Oh ok.

Ya, you just keep installing cards without cleaning up the old drivers and I will keep having a perfectly smooth running system and not have to ask people how to fix my pc. It is a proven fact that you cannot just install new hardware on top of old drivers even if it is from the same manufacturer.

3. GBusey

GBusey New Member

GPU:
    HIS IceQ3 256MB X1950Pro AGP
    I said I used ATI's uninstaller. Does ATI's CAT Uninstaller not uninstall all that needs to be removed?

4. GSXRmrbusa

GSXRmrbusa Banned

GPU:
    If you are just switching official drivers on the same card then usually yes.

For a hardware change, no.

5. TheReddog

TheReddog Member

GPU:
    Gainward 8800 GTS 320
    Looking at the pages for both products they seem to have exactly the same power input and output specifications. I think the only difference between the two is who certified them. Check the power output and input tables on both pages if you don't believe me.

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/product/Power/PurePower/w0130ru/w0130ru.asp
    http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Power/PurePower/w0099/w0099.asp

Both have;

Output
    Voltage: +12V1 & +12V2
    Max. Load: 21A (Peak Load: 25A)
    Min. Load: 0A
    Output Voltage: 11.4VDC~12.6VDC
    Ripple & Noise: Less than 100mVpp

Input
    Input Voltage: 90VAC~264VAC
    Input Frequency Range: 47 ~ 63 Hz
    Input Current: 5A
    Hold-up Time: 16ms

They also have the same plugs and connectors, they're exactly the same box just with different badges. Neither of them have molex connectors though so you would have been up **** creek anyway I guess.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  6. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti 11 G
    the Nvidia one (which is the only one out for sale anyways) does not have the Molex connectors... it only has connectors for the SLI Nvidia cards, and wil not work for ATI AGP cards, uunless you chage the connectors... that is what I took thread to explain..

The Radeon model for ATI Crossfire cards is not in any stores, as if they never released it to sell it ...

:bolt:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  7. fasteddy

fasteddy Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x Asus HD6950oc
    They can't sell the current version of the Thermaltake power booster for molex equiped cards. It only produces 12v... my Sapphire x1950pro needs a 5v power source too. I expect that other brand molex equiped cards have the same requirements.

If you make a converter (as I did and explained earlier in the thread) you can use it with such a card. However, its not something that would be endorsed by Thermaltake I bet!

8. TheWheelman

TheWheelman Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus96GT512 700/1800/1100
    How much is one of these in Canada now? (PCI-E version)

9. TheReddog

TheReddog Member

GPU:
    Gainward 8800 GTS 320
    Have a look at the page for the ATI one, it has 6-Pin PCI-ex connectors as well... they probably never released it because like I said they're exactly the same. They're aimed at PCI-e cards so of course they won't ship with molex outputs, ever.

Not all x1950 Pro AGP cards use molex input, the Powercolor model (which I have) has the 6-pin PCI-e input so hopefully when I get my hands on this booster I can test it out and know for certain if the card itself is ok.

Also just to expand on my original post I got my multimeter out today and measured the Amps on my 12v rails, they were running well below spec and fluctuating quite a bit too, so I am now getting ready to box this PSU up and send it off to Antec.

Looks like the problems probably weren't caused by the card itself.

It's still disappointing though I bought this PSU specifically as part of this update to power this card, it's two months old, and now it is not even running up to its own specs. Maybe it got damaged somewhere along the line, there have been a few power outages this summer and when it comes back on it tends to do so with a whomp and I am not always here to disconnect the PC when it does go down. In any case it's under warranty so I have nothing to worry about really, but I am still pissed at the delay which will be associated.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  10. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    hmm if i were to take a chance and go with a x1950 pro, and my PSU turns out not to be enough, will it risk going boom quickly, or would the system warn me that theres not enough power?

11. GBusey

GBusey New Member

GPU:
    HIS IceQ3 256MB X1950Pro AGP
    Anyone else have any suggestions. It's not the drivers.

12. husker4life

husker4life Member

GPU:
    HIS X1950pro 512mb ICEQ3 Turbo AGP
    I decided to get a corsair 620hx power supply, ive heard nothing but good things about this psu so hopefully it will power my HIS x1950pro just fine as well as my future build.

13. TheReddog

TheReddog Member

GPU:
    Gainward 8800 GTS 320
    Generally speaking under powering a graphics card won't damage it, it will just not work properly.

Few years back a friend of mine got a 6800Ultra and was wondering why it performed worse than his old Ti4200, well he had a couple HDD's and extra fans etc etc and only had a 250W PSU powering it all, that was why, when a new one was put in it worked perfectly.

14. Karl 2

Karl 2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Underpowering can also cause the computer to randomly fall into suspend mode and not "awaken" unless rebooted, or just reboot if suspend mode is deactivated. Can be quite annoying.

15. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    makes me wonder what all these ppl that say trying to put to much on a PSU can blow the system are talking about :p

16. Adenan

Adenan Member

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4870 512MB
    That depends on the quality of the PSU.
    Good quality PSU will shut down when overloaded.
    Bad quality may overheating and the caps may blow up.But this is really crap quality then.

17. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti 11 G
    the rolling power blackouts are real Hell on Power Supplies, the power somapanies are total pricks with these blacks each summer.. it's as if we live in a 3rd world county instead of being in the USA. I am not even in a large city, I live between San Diego and Orange County, California... I expect this crap again next summer, with the power being yank on and off with huge surges... the morons running it don't goive a crap.. about customers.. I also depend son power for my A/C because of illness I suffer from fevers almost daily, some very bad... and I don't get notice before they screw with my Electricity...

back to power supplies... even if you power supply cna deal with it, other computer components may not. The surge can destory your whole computer...

:bolt: :bolt:

18. kennyncl

kennyncl New Member

I just bought a Gecube X1950pro recently. Which OC program that can I use as I have install Riva tuner but I can detect my card temperature. Any suggestion?

19. TheReddog

TheReddog Member

GPU:
    Gainward 8800 GTS 320
    Ok guys I REALLY need some advice now.

Here's the situation.

1. I have received and installed my mates Thermaltake 250W booster, it works fine with my card because like I said the Powercolor model has a PCI-e 6-pin input. This thing pumps out a lot of juice and couldn't NOT be giving the card enough power.

2. Install went fine, card and drivers installed amicably, 3D views now show in the CCC but it still shuts itself down to suspend mode after a brief time. No error message now though.

3. ATI Tool installed, fan forced to 100% and 3D rendered cube stress test going, card shuts down bang on 56 degrees centigrade, every single time.

Is this card screwed?

4. Just then after I hit submit it shut down to suspend again, this is just after idling and browsing the web for 10 minutes.

5. Upon reboot after a shutdown my screen display on the monitor is off kilter and the refresh rate is at 65Hz.

What ever happened to Powercolor??? Back in the day I had a Powercolor 9800SE that I unlocked to a 9800Pro and overclocked to the ****house and it was solid as a rock, no artifacts and never let me down... and now I get this :frown:

Hey at least my RA number has come through so I'll send it off tommorrow, if I get another bung card I am going to pay a little extra and get one of those nice 7900GS AGP cards, I've never had an issue with Nvidia.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  20. GSXRmrbusa

GSXRmrbusa Banned

GPU:
    Your card doesn't have a temp sensor and I don't think it has fan speed control either. Have you tried overclocking the memory at all?

Try Ati Tray Tools just to make sure.