ati radeon 64mb ddr rocks, but has minor problems

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by The Joker, May 27, 2001.

1. The Joker

The Joker Guest

i just got my ati radeon 64mb ddr and it rocks! it is everything i expected (90fps at 1024x768 res. in q3). anyway, everything runs really smoothly, but i have a couple of problems with it, all minor. The first one being in q3 i can see the boarders of the map. the second problem is that when i try to get tribes to work i can hear the sounds, but i can't see anything... but i can when it's in a window. however, it does work full screen when set to "software", but when i try to use "OpenGL [Radeon DDR x86/sse]", i can't see anything. finally, this is a minor problem, but when i backspace, the speed at which the words erase is a lot slower. anyway, none of these problems occured before, and it is a small price to pay for how much better my graphics are, but i still would like to get it worked out... so if anyone knows how to solve any of these problems, than please let me know. thanks. <br><br><i>This message was edited by The Joker on 27 May 2001 12:57 PM</i>

2. 9-Bar

9-Bar Guest

tribes uses direct 3d, change ur option to d3d, i have a radeon 64mb ddr in my other pc and tribes 2 runs sweet, go to tweakfiles.com and search for a proggy called raid-on tweaker, its a tweaker especially for the radeon, very good proggy<br>
    <br>
    as for the backspacing thing, could be ur soundcard, try a different output on it, that happened to me, so i changed to digital out, and it was sorted, i dont know why though

3. The Joker

The Joker Guest

well the backspace thing fixed itself. there isn't an option for d3d (this is tribes 1 not 2) and the border lines are still in q3 (atually for a mod for q3 called urban terror, but i think i need a consol command to get rid of them) anway, thanks a lot for the help anyway... but if anyone knows how to solve these 2 remaining problems i will be really thankful.

4. The Joker

The Joker Guest

hey i talked to someone about the border thing (it only happens in the mod, not in q3) and it appears that it won't happen in the new version of the mod coming out in 3 days, so im all set there. however i still can't get tribes to work under opengl and that really sucks! someone please help me. thanks.

5. Diceless

Diceless Guest

If i'm not a bit off my rocker, Tribes 1 only had support for Software and Glide (3dfx only) rendering. Getting D3D or openGL rendering will be a bit impossible with any card for tribes1.<br>
    <br>
    Diceless