ATI R520 Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by pedropaulo, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
  2. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    Well anyone can make some numbers up.
    Just wait for the official launch.
    i would like to see real competotpr to appear in market before making heavy investment into graphic cards.
    And nomatter what its not correct to release some numbers like that even if you are not under NDA. Specially when you are not the one testing the card yourself. The card is ATI property and you are not allowed to spread anything like this. ATI can take him to court for this if they want to.
    All things aside it dosent depend on if "He believes them to be true performance". Him believeing or not dosent make a difference.
    The sick thing is the only reason he did this is because he was not invided to editor Day. Thats pathetic minded response.

3. ItalianStallion

ItalianStallion Active Member

Are they going to release AGP versions?

4. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    No AGP for the 520 is what's been reported.

5. RSX

RSX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6970
    Just went to Rage3D and also saw the 'Serious CrossFire Limitation' thread in news section, man I say ATI is really getting pwned left and right.

6. Blissed

Blissed Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 8800GTS 320mb
    Not sure how these figures paint a better picture for ATi as the X1800 scores are the same ones as the Hardware Analysis ones. Only the figures from other cards are different.

I view these figures as highly suspicious, but not convinced on the overclock story (the HL2 figures are lower for the X1800Pro than the X850PE). I figure that they are a best guess of expected performance. I guess we will find out for sure in a couple of weeks when the card is officially launched.

7. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    i cant wait to what happens with X1800 id love it to come out and wipe the floor with Nvidia's range just to prove that rumours are BS, but we'll have to wait and see, the funny thing is ive got no intention of buying a new 7800GTX or x1800.

8. the_mad_medic

the_mad_medic Master Guru

GPU:
    cirrus logic isa, 512kb
    Why doesn't ati just release the real benchmark results then if the benchmark results of hardware analysis are a complete load of ballocks?
    Or even send one off to Hilbert at guru3d so we can actually get some benchmark results that we can all trust.
    On a side note, does anyone know if guru3d will receive a x1800 to play with before the official release date ( which will probably December 3001, the way thing are going )?

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I'll wait for G80.

10. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    The thing I do find concerning from an ATI standpoint is that they chose to attack Sander, not the results.

I'd like to see the official resluts/benches, they we can see who's been talking BS or not.

I hope the official results are similar to Sanders ones, just to preserve his credibility, but also would like to see better results so ATI dont go the way of the dodo.

11. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    Thats bcoz he is the person who is spreading all this negative PR.
    You will see the oficial scores on the launch date. Not before that.

12. Blissed

Blissed Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 8800GTS 320mb
    Actually I'd like to see independent and verifiable results, that way there will be no doubt and the matter will be put to rest.

13. markj

markj New Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT OC
    From here:
    http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showpost.php?p=570235&postcount=152

14. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Blissed, I think you misunderstood my post, and I dont blame you, I didnt make myself clear.

By 'official' results, I did of course mean verifiably results from reputable reviewers for reputable publications.

And in my own personal view, the ones I trust are Guru 3D (love Hilberts reviews) and Anandtech.

I am also looking forward to HWA getting their handes on an 'off the shelf' product, for Sander to test himself.

15. Ehecu

Ehecu Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5750
    Wow... I mean just... Wow... I... Yeah...

One, how do you relate one's preference in VGA manufacturer to what sounds like a religious awakening?

Two, nobody likes a fanboy :)

Three, welcome to Guru3D. Please stick around so you can learn a few things about how graphics chipsets work before you go and make more asinine comments like that.

Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system... Just wanna throw one more little thing out there:

Assume nothing. You'll live longer, happier lives with an exponentially decreased blood pressure.

16. T8000

T8000 Master Guru

GPU:
    GF6800 LE 128 MB 12p_softmod, fanless (24dB_total)
    Releasedate

Possible reasons to push back the releasedate include performance problems, like low yields or an underperforming architecture.

This data, indicating only 16 working pipelines on R520 and X850XTPE like performance, would confirm that.

However, if ATI does not want to lose face, they could paper launch an overclocked version, handpicking barely enough for a couple of review samples, like they did with the X800XTPE, that became available only after the yields improved.

Perhaps the ATI employee is referring to that version, while the source of the numbers had the highest version that would actually become available this year.

17. the_mad_medic

the_mad_medic Master Guru

GPU:
    cirrus logic isa, 512kb
  18. compgeek89

compgeek89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1080ti SC2
    this is just silly

tbh i dont trust ATi in this matter any more than I trust sander, but I dont know what to think.

19. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    He has lost all trust from me.

It just dosnt make sense to publish results like that , even from a trusted source. It doesn't seem right to me that Sander actually believed the results he recieved from his "trusted source". In fact I dont really belive that Sander got them from a source , and im tempted to think that Sander , had come up with the "results" out of thin air.

For ATi's side , hints of a little confidence with thier new generation GPU's.
    We all kknow big companys like ATi have to put alot of resources into Public Relations and Advertising. If these results were close to the actual scores ATi have benched in thier test labs , I would expect ATi not to comment on the publication of Sanders "results" , but as is the case now denying any accuracy in the results clearly shows that ATi's R250 bench's nothing like the results(Why would they bother denying accuracy when if they are accurate ATi will look foolish when the actuall cards launch.)

Sander is making himself to look extremly childish in this situation , and ATi's comments are clearly more thought out , than the passionate ramblings of a man that feels "shunned" by ATi.

As ATi said , dont expect the published "results" to be the same as the original , wait for the card to reach reviewers on trusted sites that have built up reputaions over the years for great , un-biased and fair reviews.

20. Raidflex

Raidflex Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti SLI @1300/7500
    The preformance does not seem right i can easily get that preformance of the x1800 with my x850. I run CSS and get over 100FPS in some maps at 16af 6aa. And really how many times has ati released a product that has less pipelines then nividia?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.