ATI R520 Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by pedropaulo, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordon

gordon Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X700 PRO 256MB
    What would they gain from denying the results just a few weeks before the actual launch? To cover their ass for a whole two weeks?

2. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Two weeks is a lot in this industry, they could easily delay people from buying 7800's for 2 weeks, then post exagerated results.

3. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    Speaking of credibility, HA dosent have any credibility in my book about this piece of story.
    They cant post the sard pics? fine.
    But they can certainly post one or two software screenshots. Gray out the test which should not be fesible to show.
    Until that i dont trust these results.
    They can be calculated mathamatically by speculation the performance. I remember there was one article like this before launch of X8XX and GF6 series of cards where they calculated performance numbers mathamatically and tin the end they turned out to be complete hoax.
    All i can see is they are doing this just for publicity and negative publicity for ATI. thats about it. As far as performance of R520 goes. we will find out shortly. And why ATi need to lie? We will have reviews popping up everywhere on the launch date anyway so everyone will see those before their purchase for sure.

4. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    I'd believe that response more if they weren't planning on releasing the cards in October. Why wouldn't Ati's parnters have a R520 by now? If the release is a mere weeks away, Ati's partners better already have working cards if they want to do a Hard Launch.

I really hope those benchmarks are false too, but I'm not going to delude myself by denying all the current info rumored or known about the R520. Which thus far, hasn't been very assuring.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2005

5. Scarey Lizzard

Scarey Lizzard Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X800 Pro
    Where the email says "Call our partners yourself..."

Who are the partners? Please don't tell me it means the manufacturers like Sapphire...

It's the testers and reviewers right?

6. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    Partner's mean every business associated with ATi and their products. Even AIB(Sapphire) parnters and software development partners or hardware review site partners.

Either way, if the release of the R520 is in October, Ati's AIB partners should have working cards by now. Ati's software development partners better also have working hardware by now as well.

If what that response says is true, then the release of the R520 my be even later than currently known. Or it won't be a hard launch like currently speculated.

7. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Not that this would ever happen but you know what would be cool. A MASSIVE X1800XT launch with full retail availiablity the same day on a 32pp card pulling in over 10,000points in 3dmark05. And having ATI saying "Sorry we are late, we were having too much fun on these babies" Alas no such thing would happen but doesn't mean i can't sit here and dream. Or have them pull out the R580 at the R520 launch and say... "we decided to skip the R520 altogether". mmm

Can you tell i have no sense of reality?

8. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Re: lol

Obviously you don't know that the 520 has to ramp speeds much higher to compete with the GTX. Also the GTX is single slot, runs cool and uses less power than 6800U. Did I mention the GTX has been AVAILABLE for months and is now just over $400.

9. Blissed

Blissed Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 8800GTS 320mb
    Have any of ATi's partners publicly refuted these figures yet?

10. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    The Benchies must be fake, if thats an 1800XT performing next to 7800GTX, then the 1800XL version will be slower than the current x800XL or even the x800GTO2. so there would be no point in releasing the XL range.

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    BUT 1800XL would have SM3.0.

12. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    So that justifies a release does it?

So you would buy a slower card because it has SM3.0 and cost £100 more, that makes loads of sense.

Think about it for a minute.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2005
  13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Maybe?

14. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    sorry mate i edited my post after you answered.

15. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850

16. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    Stop... this nonsense.

Wait till ATI releases the R520...or better yet, wait till Hilbert has one to play with :)...

Time will tell.

I dont believe in these scores. They didn't have a card there. Someone who nobody knows tested the cards. An uberclocked X850XT could do these scores (why do liquid nitrogen cooling systems exist? :rolleyes: ).

Just wait... just wait...

17. Dr@Home

Dr@Home Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 570
    After looking at them again, they do seem like something a heavy overclock could do..

ATI rumor control:p

18. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    You m,ust be kidding to think and OC'd x850xt could pull in those scores right??? 100% increase in some cases?

http://hardinfo.dk/show.asp?page=5978

It appears someone else got benches too........

I'm also a member over at HWA, and I have to say I stick by Sander. He got those results from an ATI partner, and he believes them to be true.

The only reason he released them is because he's not under any NDA, so can publish them if he wants.

Also, I havent seen one ATI partner rubbishing those results yet, only ATI being extremely defensive.

I shall wait until the cards are actually released to fully draw any conclusion, however, I would say those bench marks are right in the ball park for what would be expected.

Come on guys, do you think they would have released the cards clocked so high if they really were so powerful?? Not at all, they clocked them that high to compete. And why wouldnt the results be similar in some cases to x800/850's?? 16 pipes, extra mem makes shag all difference over 256mb. Just clocked a bit higher with some new optimisations (SM3 et al)

19. REGENERATI0N

REGENERATI0N Master Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    This is unbelievable! ATI is flaming reviewer in DH headlines. I dont care what is the reason for it, ATI is not suppose to flame people in their affiliate headlines.

20. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    I dont think it could really be considered flaming, albeit an attempt to belittle Sander and his review.

They are taking an extremely defensive stance though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.