1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 Support Please!

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by 4n0m4ly, Aug 14, 2010.

1. 4n0m4ly

4n0m4ly New Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870. It's in an Asus laptop, but I know MSI uses the same GPU in their laptops.

The only thing I can do with AfterBurner is monitor temps and check clocks. It will not allow me to change any settings. It doesn't even show that it detects the driver, which is the Catalyst 10.7a

I'd be willing to test out the software if needed for this card to be added.

2. rpps13

rpps13 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R7950 Twin Frozr 3GB
    I overclocked my brother's ATI Mobility GPU with AfterBurner (it's a HD5470) did you enable unofficial overclocking in the config file? Because that is usually enough for it to work, same thing happened when I first tried to do it, whatever clock it was set to, it would reset itself so try enabling unofficial OC'ing because ATI locks clock adjustment for the mobility series

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  3. 4n0m4ly

4n0m4ly New Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    Thanks!

I tried that, and it works for clocks only. I still have no voltage control, but that isn't as important to me as the clock control is.

4. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

Afterburner currently only support desktop gpu, and we don't have plan to support mobile gpu so far.

5. rpps13

rpps13 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI R7950 Twin Frozr 3GB
    Well I'm not sure you'll ever get voltage control as I assume that laptop GPUs wouldn't have an adjustable voltage regulator (either to save space or to reduce costs) but I could very well be wrong, either way you should be able to hit 800hmz core clock maybe even 900mhz without any voltage adjustments, but pay attention to your temps

6. okashira

okashira New Member

Man, how could you possibly know this without even knowing what the stock voltage is, let alone other variables?