ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 s Stopped working

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section' started by katzo, Dec 17, 2015.

1. katzo

katzo New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5650 s
    i have HP ENVY 14-1260se Beats Edition Notebook with windows 10 , few days ago was playing a game and the screen turned black the the notebook restart itself

and gave me graphic error , after few restart it worked again but every time i want to ran a game the notebook turn black and crashes,updating drivers did nothing

uninstalling and reinstall driver did not help ,so i formated the laptop and installed windows 7 and things got worst , on device manager it shows 2 graphic cards

one ATI Radeon HD 5650 and one intel HD Graphics , if i install both drivers the notebook will crash and restart over and over , installing ati driver alone will restart into black screen

while installing the intel HD driver will work perfect as long as keep the other card identified as (standard VGA adapter) , tried disabling one of those cards not worked

if i disable the ati card the intel will crash ,tried clean install of the drivers with latest versions also not work , please help .. thanks for your time

2. LIGuitar77

LIGuitar77 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2GB OC
    Checked that fans are clear, working well, and temps? Just curious.

Check this: http://leshcatlabs.net/

Install F.26 bios:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-14-Notebook-PC-series/4346202/model/5054125

Visit Intel.com to download Windows 10 Intel Chipset Installation Utility and install. If you get stuck or can't figure the site out (they can be tricky to search, depending on which hardware, sometimes) then install the Win 7 one for this from HP's link above.

If you were getting BSODs (you should check C:\Windows\Minidump), you can take ownership of the folder and files, copy them to the desktop, then upload somewhere. Provide a link to the upload.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  3. oGow89

oGow89 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward Phoenix 1070 GS
    Was the card overclocked for along time? I overclocked the first 3 years of use. But stopped gaming on it for awhile now. Games still run and none of what you are experiencing, but perhaps the card just can't take it no more.

4. katzo

katzo New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5650 s
    Hey thank you but nothing worked , i checked the fans they working well and
    clean , the temp is good
    i did system restore i can have clean drivers install i downloaded and installed Leshcat’s Catalyst 15.11 Beta UnifL (the link you provided ) the intel driver installed and worked but when it install the AMD driver the screen flickers then the notebook crash i uploaded the dmp but this forums dont allow me to post links :/
    the graphic card never been overclocked
    the F.26 bios already installed
    thank you

5. LIGuitar77

LIGuitar77 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2GB OC
  6. katzo

katzo New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5650 s
    To be able to post links or images your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 2 posts.

Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post.

7. katzo

katzo New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5650 s
    i need to have 5 posts to be able to share links

8. katzo

katzo New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5650 s
    so i think i need to spam the post a little

9. katzo

katzo New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5650 s
  10. LIGuitar77

LIGuitar77 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7790 2GB OC
    Nothing outrageous to say here, or anything terribly wrong at face value, besides the actual fact of the crash. It's a 0x116 stop, which is the video timing out (TDR). The cause can be anything from a simple funky driver or two, to heat, to failed hardware or bios settings.

It's rather unusual to see Rt64win7.sys in unloaded modules section as I do. I can't see any information on it because of that. So, for good measure, head on over to here and simply install the latest update:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

If Intel.com has an update for this, apply it:

NETwNs64 NETwNs64.sys Wed Aug 03 20:28:26 2011

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NETwNs64.sys

For now, I would set the bios to Optimized Defaults and save.

Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) found on Guru3d.com downloads. When it warns you about how it really should be used in safe mode, click ok or whatever it is so it takes you there. I am not too sure if you can remove AMD and Intel drivers all in the same run with it, but see what you can the best about removing all Intel and AMD drivers with it, even if you have to go back again and do a new run. Be careful not to delete chipset drivers with it!

When done with all that, try your luck installing Leshcat again.

Really don't see anything else that would like to cause you an issue in there.

11. testooo

testooo Active Member

GPU:
    HD5650 / OC
    I've got the same graphic card, I can tell you from now that your Graphic card is dying ... I baked my motherboard in the oven but not as many people suggested 250C, I baked mine for 9min at 100C and the graphic cards back to life and I've been playing BF4 for 2 months and no issues so far.