ATI HD5xxx series, EPIC FAIL series. Post your problems here! Will ATI do NOTHING?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by PlatoonSgtElias, Mar 19, 2010.

?

Do you have problems with the new HD5xxx series? Artifacts, Lock Ups, GSOD.

1. Yes I have

16.3%
  2. No I havent

65.5%
  3. I just want to see the results

18.2%
  1. kingnosser

kingnosser Banned

GPU:
    MSI560tiTFII/OC/1GB
    I have heard of people having issues but I think people get one problem then auto blame the drivers when a simple reboot is all that is needed.

Your OC on your CPU is high not seen many past 4Ghz and unless your on water I don't feel it's stable. I would sugest running Intel burn test if it fails 20 passes or is inconsistent then it's unstable ram timings are also important as eveything has to hit that sweet spot.

As for doing bios flashes it's something I advise against as I feel there are just to many things that can go wrong it's asking for trouble.

But if your still unhappy then sure why not go for another card as for me coming from an SLI setup with nvidia to my newer card it beats them hands down and I cant see myself going back to the green side for a long while.

2. Dubbs

Dubbs Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5750 1gb
    never had an issue with any of my ati cards / drivers. and neither have any of my friends.

(4670, 4830, 4850, 4870, 4890, 5750, and numerous 5770s)

3. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080TI/1080TI/VEGA
    if some guys have problems with them doesnt mean the ENTIRE series have a problem. Some people when they have a problem they think they are 100% right and everybody was wrong ... come on wake up

4. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Well it's not his system, guys, if upping the 2D clocks fixed the problem..You're all barking up the wrong tree. That said, he fixed the issue, so....I don't see what the problem is.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 3
    The title of the thread is offending for starters.

6. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    lol sorta backfired on the OP.

7. EaglePC

EaglePC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 5700
    option is:

LooK for my 5850 on eBay .Getting a GXT 470...

8. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Anytime I see anyone write 'Epic Fail' anywhere I just think its being posted by a low brow.

Its good the OP made the poll public, some of the users voting don't even list a 5000 series card in their specs.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  9. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I think you should post this in the Front Page News sub-forum, the 2-3 posts you already made stating the same thing in different threads isn't getting your message out.

10. P$YCH0_SRB

P$YCH0_SRB Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX570 (900/2000)
    This card (5850) is my first ever (technically second) ATI card in a desktop rig but I had a bumpy ride. I said technically second because I had to RMA the first one as it crashed with a "Display driver has recovered" error after 60C in any game. If I increased the fan speed manually it worked ok! The replacement works perfectly though and so far I'm quite happy :)

11. ezodagrom

ezodagrom Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
    Poll results are amusing. :>

12. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    They are amusing. The "yes" category is about 50% populated with Nvidia and 4xxx users if their specs are anything to go by. And a couple of people hate the 5k series so much that they own Crossfire or Trifire setups.

13. TARNY

TARNY Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti
    Ive got a ATI 5870 from new when they came out and havnt had any issues wiht the card..i have had issues with the mobo only making it a pic ex x1 and not pci ex x16 but aprt from that non what so ever and its overclocked 900/1330

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Had my 5850 since release, and had no problems at all with it, working beautifully :)

15. SureFireT1000

SureFireT1000 Member Guru

GPU:
    TRI-FIRE 5970+5870
    hummm... well I had problems with my 5970 the first month I had the card, but drivers are getting better so the problems are very rare and some never came back.

Also I ordered a new XFX 5850 Black Edition, TriFire FTW lol

16. obiwan07

obiwan07 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD/NVidia
    No Problems with my 5870 since release.

17. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    No problem with any ATI cards.5970/5850
    Also the 5970 was the best card I ever owned and I had a few cards over the years.

18. leonmbj

leonmbj Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5850 1GB(OC)
    No problems to me

My only problems is caused by my greedy overclocks

but in normal conditions, everything is ok

19. erocker

erocker Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    A classic forum thread where a user has a problem and thinks the entire line of cards is bad. Amusing indeed.

No problems here. Btw, if you don't like ULPS mode, all it takes is going into the registry and changing it from 1 to 0.

20. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Yep, got the card for a couple of months now, and never have any issue, no driver problem on install / uninstall (9.12-10.1 beta /official - 10.2 beta+ off -10.3 beta + preview), no problem with 2D clock, no artefact, no green line thing, no BSOD; the card work perfect out of the box, i don't have even bother to flash my card with the Asus bios, as the original from HIS ( december 09), don't give me any trouble at all and work perfectly in all mode, 2D as 3D...( 157mhz-300mhz - 2D clock) . This HIS OC perfectly ( need my WB for go further)..

I have put it 3 days in crossfire for some test ( a Sapphire card of a friend), again, no problem at all too...

The only problem i have got was the impossibility to use DX11 function, but it was caused by my win 7 RTC (beta).. fixed with an official version of Win7.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010