1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI Graphic card overclocking.....All info you need.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by funkymonkey, Jan 4, 2004.

1. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    how do you use riva tuner i cant understand

2. Diesel1966

Diesel1966 Member

GPU:
    2x GeForce GTX 285 2GB
    Excellent write up. Was looking for this for my dad. Should help him out a bunch. Many thanks to the author

3. Albanian G

Albanian G Guest

I'm sorry to post in a Topic that hasn't been active in a long time, but I found this on google. I just bought an ATI 9800xt and I really don't have any experience on Overclocking so I'm trying to find out as much as I can and read everything there is to know. This thread really helped alot, I know a little bit more but not as much as I would like to know to go ahead and Overclock my card. I am going to change the cooling on my card and I'm going to buy the Arctic Cooling VGA Cooler, Model "ATI silencer 3 and the ocz ramsinks. The ocz ramsinks have thermal tape so I don't have to use any Arctic silver and I can remove them in case of RMA. What do you guys think of the thermal tape? I keep reading the article over and over trying not to miss anything because I don't want to overclock my card and mess something up. Thanks guys.

4. The Mailman 666

The Mailman 666 New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon AGP 8x X800XL 256MB
    You forgot to mention anything about temps.

5. Jakuchu

Jakuchu Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X700 PRO (128 MB)
    Can I use ATi Tray Tools to overclock? My default speed is:

GPU = 378,00
    Memory = 675 (DDR)

And how much can I raise my GPU without adding any extra cooling?

Edit: I'm using the newest Omega drivers (based on Catalyst 5.7)

6. FreakyMe

FreakyMe Member

GPU:
    ATI RADEON x850xt 256mb @600/617
    Hey everyone :D anyone done anything with a ATI x600xt? cant see it mentioned anywhere guess you guys think its crappy but I got a off the shelf comp and customised it... got any cooling tips for it overclocking speeds?

I did get a iceberq4 pro but when I opened it its too big and says its recomended for nvidia cards it dosnt say that on the online shop godammit!!! :mad:

Lmao I stuck it on with celetape.... im pathetic :rolleyes:

Didnt work over heated like a rabbit in mating season...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2005
  7. luzck

luzck New Member

Exist some way to convert Ati FireGL T2 whit 128 DDR RAM AGP8X in something more better ? I use Softimage xsi, not games

8. iamatmylimit

iamatmylimit Member

GPU:
    ati x800xl
    whats the most important part of overclocking an ati card do you think?power supply?card?ram?im sure its not just the card thats important.a great card with weak power supply cant do anything if it doesnt even startup.lol.

9. wolfmancs

wolfmancs Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850/3870
    my x800xt aiw have a 1.6ns mems and i change the core and mem clocks for te x800xtpe clocks

its works , no problems , but before i have to install one vf700 zalmman to decrease temperatures

sorry my bad english

10. assclown20

assclown20 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 3GB
    I flashed my X800 Pro to a XT and got the 16 pipelines. then a week later i bought a arctic cooler which is great. i got my core to 560 and memory to 610. idle at 25-29 C BF2 or CSS DODS 35-45. so i think im going to push it a little further. cat 5.9 used rive tuner for OC

11. wolfmancs

wolfmancs Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850/3870
    after install the newest ati tray tools , my cores (gpu/mem) going to gpu 519mhz
    and mem 1140mhz , this change made by software !

i wanto to know iff this is normal ??? and secure ???

three months agoo i put the zallman VF700 alcu to decrease my vga temps , is past the temps reachs 74.5º in full load , now is 65ºc and not more !!!

12. wolfmancs

wolfmancs Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850/3870
    your x800pro is VIVO ? and have 1.6ns memos ?

13. blinzi

blinzi Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6950 2GB
    I bought an ATi Silencer 5 Rev.2 yesterday for my X800 Pro. This thing is simply amazing, i can get my memory clock to 590 Mhz now without any artifacts! The GPU Temp wont ever reach the 60°C Mark under stress and its already clocked to 570Mhz :eek:
    Although the Silencer is very big and blocks the near PCI-Slot i can recommend it to everyone who owns a X800-family GFX-Card.

14. wolfmancs

wolfmancs Active Member

GPU:
    HD4850/3870
    how much one like yours blinzi ???

15. Zarul

Zarul Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512MB@661core
    I bought Arctic Cooling ATI Silencer 5 rev.2 When i installed it on my card - my card is : Sapphire X800 pro ( R420 ) flashed to XT. it is working at 530core -- 530mem,
    it seems that the cooler doesnt fix on the RAM-chips.
    I read about Silencer 4 Rev.2 which is for R420 core. That Silencer 5 rev.2 is for core R430 - like X800 XL or X850 .....
    Did i make a mistake buying that 5 instead of 4 ?
    I cant go more than 530core - 530mem. After that artifacts and drops start.The temperature is 34 idle and 50 load on 530Mhz-530Mhz. With stock cooling i reached 520Mhz-520Mhz at 41 idle and 68 load .
    What shoud i do ? I cant return the Silencer 5 anymore.
    What u gonna suggest me to do to overclick more... ?

Thanx in advice. I'm greatful for ur help ppl.
    Good Luck with ur modding.

16. Zarul

Zarul Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512MB@661core
    everything is ok now. I overclocked it to 530Mhz core and 550Mhz Mem !
    full load temps is 52c and idle temps is 34c

with my stock cooling i was: 69c load and 44c idle.

I think the Arctic Silencer 5 rev.2 is the best best best GFX cooler in the WORLD !!!! BUY IT RIGHT AWAY IF YOU WANT TO OVERCLOCK OR JUST BE SURE THAT YOUR GFX WILL LIVE FOREVER YOUNG !
    IT COSTS,
    ONLY 25-30 $

17. mrwinky

mrwinky New Member

GPU:
    XpertVision X800 256mb DDR3
    This guide is an interesting read.

I have a x800 XpertVision card with ddr 3 ram on it... it is a r430 core and im wondering would it flash 2 the XL? Ive clocked the card with ati tools, GPU to 400mhz like the xl and the ram to 500 or 1000 if u look at in ddr terms... ive tested it and it seams to be stable... infact i forgot that i had clocked it and ran Most Wanted for about 3hrs in which i could see no artifacts... im running the Zalman VF700 CU... core on idle sits at 36 degrees... and on load it gets to 50-53... on stock settings(mem and cpu) the load still gets to about 50-52... so i believe it can handle the o/c speeds...

Im not sure what my ram is for the card but it seams to clock well and it could prolly get about 20-30mhz faster or 40-60 in ddr terms...

As for the core i know its a r430 so it should worked clocked to the xl... problem is which bios do i use to flash it to? the standard ati xl one... i didnt see any xpertvision bios's on that site... any idea on which 1 i should flash it 2 ?

*EDIT* note this is a AGP card

Last edited: Nov 24, 2005
  18. Foxbat25

Foxbat25 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 9800GTX`S
    the chipsets are the same so i don`t think there will be any prob flashing your XpertVision x800 to an xl. mrwinkey

19. Foxbat25

Foxbat25 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 9800GTX`S
    maxe sure to use this line when flashing : atiflash -newbios -f -p 0 atix800xl.bin
    or whatever the bios name is ok.
    good luck.

20. mrwinky

mrwinky New Member

GPU:
    XpertVision X800 256mb DDR3
    ok thanks a lot i think ill use the ATI version... hopeing card doesnt blow up *fingers crossed*

now to find a floppy who has 1 now days:|

thanks again

atiflash -newbios -f -p 0 atix800xl.bin

Why with the -f the first post just says atiflash -newbios -p atix800xl.bin

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005