ATI Graphic card overclocking.....All info you need.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by funkymonkey, Jan 4, 2004.

1. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    yep preety good for your card with stock cooling.
    And yes upping AGP voltage and AGP frequency does help a bit but not too much.
    You already have your core running at almost 600 so maybe you wana keep it as it is for a while and see if its 100% stable there and then increase AGP voltage to say 1.7 and AGP frequency to 72 and give another shot.

2. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    agp voltage effects the chipset/agp slot not really the card the agp speed change can give u a few bench points(what ppl alwase think is important)
    but it can also cause artifacts im fine at 74 with this mobo but at 77 it gets flaky
    i use it at 70 thats a good stable place and its within spec for stable opp of the parts i have :)

3. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    yep too high AGP frequency is also not good, Thats why I told it to run at 72/74. My game crash when i change it to 82.

4. lost_soul9k

lost_soul9k Member Guru

GPU:
    ???
    hi funkymonkey, youi told me some time back he would be appearing for the CAT exam ? Could you please atleast forward me his contact number -- here's mine - 9815992199, just sms me or give me a call, i know you've been told not to give the details to any stranger but i bet your bro must have wanted to contact me too, but couldn't, the fact that my number has changed !!! so atleast let him know or give me his contact number !! anything dude !!!!!!!
    I would really appreciate it !!!! so please contact me !

5. lost_soul9k

lost_soul9k Member Guru

GPU:
    ???
    Hey Funkymonkey, has your brother replied ? remember to forward my no. - 9815992199.
    thanks,
    sunny

6. maximuzzz

maximuzzz Guest

i have a radeon 9700np, @ stock for now... i have infineon ram on, just installed the iceberg fan on it with the heatsinks...
    now i wanted to overclock, but it is blocked, as i read here....
    i want to downlaod a new bios to unlock it, wich one should i use? i saw that there were 3 types, hynix, infineon and samsung... should i just take infineon?

thx fm

7. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    To the 9600 and 9800 use the same PCB? What i mean is can i put a cooler designed for a 9800 on a 9600XT?

8. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    well they may not use same PCB but they use exactly same mounting holes so a cooler designed for 9800 will fit 9600 series in most cases.

9. lost_soul9k

lost_soul9k Member Guru

GPU:
    ???
    hey funkymonkey, any updates from ur bro ?

10. lost_soul9k

lost_soul9k Member Guru

GPU:
    ???
    hi

Last edited: Apr 13, 2004

11. manothehour

manothehour Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce FX 5200 128 MB
    damn you all must have a assload of money, im 12 and i aint got jack!!!

12. Solkken

Solkken Guest

nice thread

Ok, had to join this forum when I saw this post :)

I'm don't have much of experiment in the "art" of OC'ng...

I got a club3d 9800 pro 128mb and i took the real fan away from it. I tied a 8cm*8cm normal comp fan on it and lowered the voltage a little bit to get it more silent.

Now when I tried the ATITool auto-oc thing. The core vent up pretty nicely, but the memory nearly nothing.
    Core normally 378, now 403
    Mem normally 337(or something), now 341
    So is this totally normal, and if it is could I do something for it.

How much do you think you could get from the card with oc'ng and could it be worth it ?

And btw. I got the same system than you and what is the watercooling system you're using ? And anymore info about it could be really appreciatied.

13. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    I have a 9500 which i have the Arctic Cooling VGA thing strapped onto, an it enable me to get the clocks from 275/540, to 297/594, and i'm not sure quite what difference it made to the performance - i think the 3d mark 01 score might have gone up by about 800 to 1000. Is this likley cos that's what it looked like but it seems to be quite a lot. (9600ish -> about 10500 i think)

14. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Re: nice thread

Well every card is different and overclocks differently. WHat are the writtings on the memory chips of your card? If its slower memory it may not overclock as much as others. ALso get a fan to blow air on the card from side, that will increase your overclock a bit.

15. Solkken

Solkken Guest

Thanks for reply

I don't have the opportunity to check the memory because the card is on my other pc that isn't here, but I'll try the sidefan in the next weekend.

I have in this pc a creative blaster gf 4 ti 4600 and it's sad that there is no tool with auto-oc'ng system for nvidia, can't find the maximum manually really easily, or it would take a lot of time. :(

16. 2sl0w

2sl0w Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 9800XT @ 412/365 w/Aquarius II WaterBlock
    your 12 and your not rich yet??? wait till you get to college....

17. madh52

madh52 Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX 8800GTX
    I have currently voltmodded my powercolor 9700pro .. I hit ROCK SOLID 425Mhz CORE with liquid cooling @ 1,85volts.. yeah!!

18. DrFreeze

DrFreeze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GT740 2GB
    can anyone explain to me what a voltmod exactly is?

19. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    its a voltage mod where you increase voltage supplied to you GPU and GFX memory chips by soldering some potentiometers to your cards and changing the resistance value.
    It can be very very rewarding if done and worked out good or it can messup ur card once and for all.

20. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    *update* 9500 pro vmod links added