ATI Forum Description

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by SyNaPs, Dec 1, 2002.

1. SyNaPs

SyNaPs Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9700 AIW Pro
    Needs to be updated from " Use this forum to discuss anything concerning products using ATi chips from Rage to Radeon 8500 "

to

"Use this forum to discuss anything concerning products using ATi chips from Rage to Radeon 9700 Pro"

just an observation, please and thank you

2. Dave

Dave Don Fredo Corleone

9700 pro, a rip off of nvidias old way of naming cards. though I dislike the numbering system myself.

I liked the standard card name, then pro above and ultra kinda obvious. and then the mx as a budget offering. Now the numbering is simply a mess of meaningless digits. 4200, what's that, the frame rate in wolfenstein?

3. Andrew

Andrew Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX-970 4G
    while you're at it, you can update the benchmarking description too :rolleyes:

4. hazindu

hazindu Guest

hmmm I disagree about the name being ripped of from nvidia. Pro is just too common of a word to be a trademark at least in my opionion. Besides, it is not the first time Ati has used pro in the name of a product.

As far as renaming the ati forum. If you do, you may want to be more general in your description. After all, do you really want to update it everytime ati releases a new product.

well that's my opinion,

later:)