1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI FireGL/FireProSoftmod - Discussion Thread for new members

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by schoko, Jan 11, 2010.

1. alya84

alya84 New Member

GPU:
    2x HIS HD3850 DDR3 512MB
    it seem that latest win7 driver .inf dont have RV670 on it..only have RV600, RV610 and RV630. Im using HD3850. So it have RV670. Anyone here could help me?

2. Sonic

Sonic New Member

GPU:
    ?/ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO
    Everything is working ok now, thanks!

3. thirdman

thirdman Member

thanx for the patch, i think i successfully moded my 4770 into firepro v8700
    but now my gpu decode for splayer (video player) won't decode in hardware mode
    always shows green screen instead....any solution to that?

btw, splayer is one of the best player i've used to watch all types of video formats.
    http://www.splayer.org/index.en.html

4. kingkaran

kingkaran New Member

GPU:
    Visiontek hd 4870 512 mb
    i just installed fglmax drivers for 3dsmax in my softmoded car (4870 = v8700) everything is working fine but wen i switch to opengl it gives low fps in viewport in 3dsmax 2008... anyone getting the same problem ????

5. Veselinbg

Veselinbg Member

GPU:
    HIS 4850 1GB
    As far as I know latest versions of 3ds Max run faster when using DirectX instead of OpenGL API.

6. kingkaran

kingkaran New Member

GPU:
    Visiontek hd 4870 512 mb
    hmmm u r rite in d3d it is giving me over 256 fps :banana: and in openGl
    it was giving 10 to 20 fps in same file....

7. schoko

schoko Member Guru

GPU:
    Hd2600 Mobility

well, i have tried various scenarious, but i couldn´t find much performance benefit from having 4GB used, instead of 3GB. although 2 GB seems to be not very much for win 7. i see that more as a bare minimum to keep the system running, but for production it is definitely not enough.

i have found one interesting point though in my testing. when using the polycount from heads up display i get a performance drop in the bikescene from 80 fps/sec to 60fps/sec.

i didn´t think of the polycounter to be such a performance eating tool, so i haven´t considered it in the benchmark results...

have tried a different approach for the atiogl.xml today, and maybe i have found some better settings for maya. will give you an update on this i it proves to be better than the last version.

8. ehsan7715

ehsan7715 New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4850
    hi i found firegl 3dsmax 8.391 and run riva instak=ll patch but it cant install and say "setup work only in administrator"
    i see performance improvement in specViewPerf10 but its not in 3d max:bang:

****and whats the best moddable Card for 3Dmax and After Effect CS4?
    Thanks

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  9. xKrNMBoYx

xKrNMBoYx Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 4850 512MB
    Hey which is better a real firepro v3700 256mb or a 4850 softmod to a firepro v8700?

10. ejoya

ejoya New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD4850
    Hi schoko,

I've been following the firegl softmod for years and thanks for the 4850 softmod. I'm using windows 7 64bit right now and the driver installed successfully but it doesn't improve anything in 3dsmax 2009 design. I can't install or make firegl ccc work in the OS. I can install the radeon ccc but it doesn't show any workstation options to accelerate 3dsmax.

I also tried to look for this fglmax and the only version I saw was 8.391 which is way too old for windows 7.

Hope to receive some help from you. Thanks

11. n4d444

n4d444 Active Member

GPU:
    8800GT@FX3700
    @ejoya

If you had been following these threads for years then you should know that firegl doesn't accelerate 3ds max as you have noticed.
    Max uses Direct3D. Only nvidia has a special driver written for it - Maxtreme.
    Check out the nvidia softmod thread if you are interested. Please read the thread before posting.

@schoko

If you could do a softmod for latest nvidia drivers we all 3ds max users would apreciate it.
    I also use Maya and Vue (both OpenGL) and they work realy well on a softmodded quadrofx.
    Or if someone could modify some nvidia bioses to show quadrofx deviceids (GTX260, 275...). Too bad unwinder gave up on nvstrap cos softquadro isn't a lost cause.

12. ejoya

ejoya New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD4850
    so what is firegl max or fglmax drivers if there's no ati related drivers for max?

13. schoko

schoko Member Guru

GPU:
    Hd2600 Mobility
    about the ccc, there is only one version now ( no special ccc for firegl), and the only options that are different when you have a firegl card is the workstation tab in ccc.

the fireglmax driver is an old relict, that has not been updated for quite a while now. you still can get it with the xp drivers from ati, but for win vista and win 7 it is has never been released. and you will never get a fireglmax driver for the newer windows version.

why ?? ... you might ask yourself this question.... maybe you should take some minutes time and read a bit....

http://tinyurl.com/y8a3ysu

read the layout01.pdf carefully. it is explained why there is no more a firglmax driver.

// edit

i have updated the atiogl.xml. this version shows more stability. haven´t had a problem yet in xp 64 and win7 x64, and i have run the specapc for maya twice ( benchmark duration: around 1,5 h per run) in each os i have installed.

one problem that still persists is the artefacting in the wireframe model of the toystore scene. the problem shows up because of the normals of some of the surfaces that are displayed. when the normals are turned off in the surfaces attribute box everything is fine in that scene. have checked in other scenes to display the normals, but in those scenes i have tried everything was ok.

you´ll find the new atiogl.xml here :

http://depositfiles.com/files/nv8i5wcqj

btw. i won´t be around for quite a while... i´ll have to finish some of my projects now...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  14. n4d444

n4d444 Active Member

GPU:
    8800GT@FX3700
    This has been discussed in previous threads. ATI gave up on 3ds max Maximum driver. Guess why? Yes it just wasn't worth to develop it. It was slower than max regular d3d driver.

15. Veselinbg

Veselinbg Member

GPU:
    HIS 4850 1GB
    @schoko

I tried the last version of atiogl.xml with SPECapc for Maya 2009 and again Maya stopped working.
    Here is a screen:
    [​IMG]

However, I have to mention that the performance was high and there was NO performance drops after the first run of the four scenes.
    Also, like you said, there was artifacts in the toystore scene and squid scene.

16. ejoya

ejoya New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD4850
    thanks

17. clouet

clouet New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 2600 pro
    FireGL Mod driver is not use DXVA?

18. CADCAT

CADCAT Master Guru

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870 1GB GDDR5
    I think functionality of FireGL/Pro modded driver is the same as original driver..

19. peppo82

peppo82 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire hd5670 512mb
    Hi all, I am new to this forum.
    I hope not to irritate you too much with my bad English,
    I'm sorry.
    I recently bought an ATI HD 5670 512MB and I would to mod it,
    but there is a videocard fire gl or fire pro
    with the same GPU of my hd 5670?
    May be is too early? or someone has already modded
    this card?

20. alya84

alya84 New Member

GPU:
    2x HIS HD3850 DDR3 512MB
    Successfully MOD my HIS ICEq HD3850 512MB DDR3 with big improvement..Thanks to schoko...

Viewset Composite Mulitsample Performance
    3dsmax-04 59.99 no result
    catia-02 54.47 no result
    ensight-03 54.02 no result
    maya-02 240.31 no result
    proe-04 60.37 no result
    sw-01 132.50 no result
    tcvis-01 29.10 no result
    ugnx-01 66.05 no result