1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI FireGL/FireProSoftmod - Discussion Thread for new members

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by schoko, Jan 11, 2010.

1. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350

Print first page, follow it exactly.

Most people actually probably get it to work. But one wrong step and its a toss up if it will work. Follow the directions exactly... Read the whole thread every page you will see where people miss a step or use the wrong script.

Use a 4870 card. They are $50 now and perform decently still for CAD.

I have modded about 5 models, and many pcs over the years. Thanks to the work of Shocko and others, and good people here. Sometimes its a fight, the 4870 is not, it mods every time.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  2. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    Follow up to my post. This is an Alienware 15x.

The mod has been good for many months, rebooting to another partition without full shut down can permanently ruin the mod it seems, maybe something still resident in the video card? I actually remove the battery as well when now booting to the other partition.

Also all power management stuff shut off especially for the video card, maybe the firepro-8800 has different power management features.

This has been a cool mod indead to get an I7 laptop going with Firepro features for a decent price. Most likely the last mod will ever do since it seems like this is a dead issue these days for the newer hardware.

3. aksgennext

aksgennext New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 7730m 2GB
    Is it possible to softmod amd HD 7730m Graphic card into any fireGl/Firepro graphic graphic card.

if yes please Guide me. i am newbie. i cant find any FirePro/FireGl graphic card having same device id as that of 7730m (Device id : 682F)

4. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
    ATI 5730 >>> V5800 confirmed

Alienware 15x ATI 5730 modded to V5800 rockin!

another great mod 95 fps in SWX01 Specview 10 thanks guys!
    8.723 drivers

5. godknowswhy

godknowswhy Member Guru

GPU:
    All sorts
    Hi guys, could someone please upload an installable driver package (already modded) for any ATI / Amd card and for any Operating System that is working. Much appreciated and thanks.

6. shrisha

shrisha New Member

Hi guys.
    Is softmodding dead? Is there is a way to do something for Vega 64?