Ati Drivers Won't Install

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hiro1000, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Hiro1000

Hiro1000 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    I've recently got an Asus laptop equipped with a HD 3650, and it came installed with an old driver version, and of course, I wanted to upgrade, and naturally, I unistalled, restarted, ran driver cleaner, restarted, and now I am trying to install the beta 8.6s, and it essentially will "install" but won't install the drivers. The "custom" install option yields these options,

[​IMG]

Am I doing something wrong? I try to continue, and it install pretty fast, but doesn't install the actual video drivers.

2. thechiweenie

thechiweenie Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 3850 512mb PCI-E x16
    Well

That means that those drivers don't have your card in the INF file, thus your card is not "supported". I'm sure ASUS might have updated drivers? But never-the-less its a mobility card and they are selective on drivers, usually the OEM must provide them... unless you mod the drivers to work on it like this tool here!. But On my Gateway T-1628, surely not the beast of a laptop that you have but still with a Radeon x1270, the ONLY drivers that give me full functionality are the Gateway ones which have a version number of 8.383 :(. Hope that helps!