ATI CrossFireX™ Application Profiles (10.3 out now)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Grabber, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Erai

Erai Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac Gtx980Ti AmpExtreme
    I have those lines / flickering as well. And bf-bc2 fps downed from 78 to 70. I can't say i liked these profiles...

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    meh these profiles actually broke cf performance for me. the just cause 2 demo FPS was cut in half.

3. McBacker

McBacker Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570 SLI
    Same here with BF... flickering lines... :bang:

Uninstalled.

4. Rotterdam

Rotterdam Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 Amp Edition
    What i always find strange is the difference in outcome with drivers and apps.

Some have fps going down. Crashes.

Myself this time am very happy. BF BC2 will not go under 95 Fps max fps around 140. all maxed out ofc. Flickering of graphics finally gone....

Unigine Heaven gone up about 15%.

So keep them coming the profiel apps. ;-)

5. DeadLine

DeadLine Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD7970 Ghz
    These work like a charm, 20/30 fps more in BC2 and Metro 2033, JC2 no fps change but feels smoother.

6. Erai

Erai Active Member

GPU:
    Very interesting situtation over here. What OS do you use ? I use win7 x64, but those profiles didn't work out for me :bang:

7. DeadLine

DeadLine Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD7970 Ghz
    Win7 x64 here to, but my card rised also with 10c :S

8. DeadLine

DeadLine Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD7970 Ghz
    Ow....some weird stripes now in BC2 but there gone after some seconds and u guys see the weird glow on some objects also?

9. Erai

Erai Active Member

GPU:
    That's weird. I hope ati's drivers don't burn our cards like nvidia :)

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Isn't the fix for the flickering in BC2, to go into the gfx options, change a one, go back into the game, go back into the options and change it back, then go back to the game and its fine.

Also if you find you can't get Xfire re-enabled after installing the profile, reboot to fix.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010

11. Frag-master

Frag-master Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX960 Mini OC
    i am using 3 screens for Bc2.. all max setting 4xaa now around 60fps all time < with my system

added around 10fps and seem alot more smooth

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    I too get the grey lines in BC2, simply go into the options like stated above, change vsync (if you have it on change to off and vice versa). Then go back into the game, then back into the options and change it back.

I use D3DOverrider in the game as I can not stand the tearing. Though I have checked and with these newer drivers it has gotten better but still I like to have my fps stay at the same spot and now I can run the game with 8xaa, 16xaf and still get 60fps 95% of the time.

13. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Tested the new profiles 10 mins in singpleplayer. Fps up 10-15 fps not going under 60 fps now with 2x from inagme x16 af forced from ccc 775/940 clocks.

Havnt noticed the black lines people are talking about but I will need to do some more testing to verify that.

All in all the game is really really smooth now, and I may not need to get a Q9550 afterall. When dice release a performance patch for the game it could become even better :)

/edit

Might add this was on W7 x64 ultimate.

/edit2

Right so after trying for a few hours yesterday I can say with certainy that for ME, my performance is up with 12-15 fps on average both on SP and MP. The flickering textures I used to get on 10.2 are gone, havn't seen it once I think and where it started to flicker it went away by itself after I fired a bullet once ( that where coincidence or not I donno ).

I got no lines whatsoever that people are reporting. My fov is 70 @ 1920x1200.

I have noticed that these drivers are not as stable as the 10.2 though, I had one hard lock since installing these, and before this my comp havn't hung for 4 months if not more, didn't bsod but was a hard lock.

I also noticed at one occasion that aero crashed and that halfed xfire performance alot, basically shutting one gpu off. Restarting the game brought aero back instantly and fixed performance. Only happend once in maybe 6 hours gaming.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  14. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    What OS ?

and update your AVP with 1 and 2 patches, they fix everything with dx9 dx10 and dx11, thought my saved are all gone.

15. XfragDaz

XfragDaz Member

GPU:
    XFX/SAPPHIRE AMD6870 CF
    9.12 Hotfix with Stream SDK 2.1 gives me the fastest and smoothest framerates on the HD 4870x2 in all games including Metro 2033, The 10.3a drivers and profiles are crap compared to the latter, infact dare i say 9.12 hotfix are the best. Anyone agree?.

16. DeadLine

DeadLine Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD7970 Ghz
    Win7 x64

17. XfragDaz

XfragDaz Member

GPU:
    XFX/SAPPHIRE AMD6870 CF
    Yep, sorry Win7 X64.

18. sardine

sardine Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 680m GTX 4gb
    noob question
    is this for x-fire only or does this include my 4870x2 ??? internal x-fire ?

i dont get the option anwhere for profiles.

win 7 x64 cat 10.3

19. DeadLine

DeadLine Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD7970 Ghz
    Does work with your 4870x2 yeah, about profiles its automatic u cant see those i think.

20. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    These lines appearing on my screen just aren't worth it, talk about annoying. Going back to the original 10.3 previews as the game still ran fine for me.