ATI Control Panel Hangs System

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by neo1, Oct 26, 2003.

1. neo1

neo1 Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI AIW X800 AGP 2 Monitors
    I bought this new computer about 6 months ago. I have had 3 ATI cards with nothing but problems. The first was the 9700 Pro and it had the voltage regulation problems that I could never get fixed. I then went to a 9800 Pro which burned out in about 2 months probably due to undercooling and heat. I just got a 9600 Pro AIW which is the first AIW that supports 2 monitors.

It seems that with all of these cards the Control Panel locks up the system on shut down. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this problem with the Control Panel?

Thanks.

2. Grumpylumpkins

Grumpylumpkins Member

Have you tried to re-install the drivers? and even though the computer is new you may want to still check for nvidia drivers....my friend got a new comp with an nvidia board, nvidia drivers AND ATI drivers on it. May be worth cheking out.

3. neo1

neo1 Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI AIW X800 AGP 2 Monitors
    I havw tried the Control Panel drivers several times and they just do not work. I havw decided that I do not need then now. Perhaps they will be fixed in the next driver set.