ATI CCC settings not always taking effect

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mk_ln, Dec 14, 2006.

1. mk_ln

mk_ln Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX280@700/1400/2600
    hi, i've recently started using the CCC settings to get better image quality. i was actually surprised how much of a difference it made vs in-game ultra settings. anyways, i've noticed that sometimes after i enable my profile, things seem to lag; it is not because of the settings i choose, as it does run smoothly in some games. at first i thought that it was b/c i didn't have the Catalyst AI enabled - this actually seemed to be the problem. now, however, even with the AI enabled and set to the advanced setting, things still seem to stutter at times. the best example i have is with ATITool:

before i started using CCC, i would check the '3D view' every once in a while and it would display anywhere from 550-640 fps.

after i started using CCC, and enabled my settings, i would get b/w 110-190 fps on the cube.

at first i disregarded this and tried started Titan Quest, and EVERYTHING was lagging...i found that odd but just restarted the game and it was later fine with amazing IQ. i then exited and checked ATITool's cube again and it was back to 550-640 fps.

i am just a little frustrated as i cant seem to find the cause of the problem. the version of CCC i am using are the ones which came on my ASUS CD. i believe they are a modified version of the 6.10. is this an known issue with these set of drivers or am i just overlooking something?

thanks in advance for any helpful advice :)

2. Vanadis

Vanadis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    Download the latest drivers from ati.com. The ones that come with the cd are always outdated.

3. mk_ln

mk_ln Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX280@700/1400/2600
    ya...i have just tried the 6.12s...still same issue. oh well. thanks for the reply tho.

4. SL2

SL2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    1. If you have CCC open / running whilst playing a game it will have a negative impact on your in-game FPS.
    2. Changing settings / profiles in CCC whilst a game is running will not take effect the majority of the time until the game is restarted (and sometimes the changes are ignored meaning you have to change them to something else, apply, then back again for them to take effect before re-running the game).