ATI Catalyst 9.8 Official links from ATI

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by doomangel, Aug 15, 2009.

1. dudikaz

dudikaz Active Member

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX480
    gimme a screenshot of area 3 and i shall believe. otherwise i'm 100% sure u get ~30fps in area 3, where gtx295 gets like 1xxfps..

2. Solid004

Solid004 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7970 Windforce
    LOL.. caring about the performance of the benchmark of a game that has not been released...

3. Cobrass2

Cobrass2 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Thanks, gonna test them out :p

4. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I switched from a 4870X2 to 2 4890's a while back and have never looked back! :nerd:

5. ForgedReality

ForgedReality Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870x2OC + 9600GT PhysX
    ....I don't see why you would....

6. chuuey

chuuey Guest

damn i still can't select 1920x1080 in windows 7 ;) xp works fine though.... come on...

7. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Because I won one in a comp here @ Guru3D. So I sold my 4870X2 to pay for the other 4890 and had change left over! Plus 2 4890's own a 4870X2!:thumbup:

8. Markgpl

Markgpl Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    Lucky guy you!, some fine performance you should have, also a little nuclear plant to feed it =D

9. Prod

Prod Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FE W/C
    anyone have a problem where the CCC sometimes doesn't want to open. It will open sometimes and sometimes i have to reboot to get it to open. Running Win 7 64 RTM.

edit: forget this post i just found out that i need to click restart runtime under start menu for it to reopen again. This is the 1st time i have had to do this didn't happen with other versions before the 9.8s.

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    I have had this problem for the last few releases. If you look in the running programs, then end task. Should then be able to open CCC again. Best option i have found is to use the task bar panel to change settings on the fly.

11. Fri4rTuck

Fri4rTuck Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Twin Frozr II
    What problems are you guys experiencing? I've got an X2 + 4870 in my system and these drivers work well as did several of the previous series? Maybe it is games that you are playing that I am not.

12. eduardmc

eduardmc Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLI 900/1800/4200
    DMC4 never give me any problems including this drivers. AND RESIDENT EVIL 5 RUNS LIKE 100FPS+ BENCHMARK ON THE 3 AND 4 ACT. WITHOUT AA.

13. dudikaz

dudikaz Active Member

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX480
    once again i'll ask for screenshots. u think i'm dumb or smth? i know it doesnt and u say it does... it makes u feel better or smth??

14. dudikaz

dudikaz Active Member

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX480
    could be could be

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"

16. Lutfi

Lutfi Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH4870X2 Trifan
    still, can't figure where the improvement is with this driver and the temp is still high on my 4870x2 card.. hmm.. :(

17. Hamish

Hamish Member

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon 4870x2
    Various problems on various games.

Far Cry 2 stutters like crazy and has awful mouse lag, DX9 and DX10.
    Resident Evil 5 benchmark has a huge framerate drop on one of the scenes.
    Call of Duty 4 has awful stuttering too, even though my framerates are way over 100.

In a lot of games I have a weird flickering with shadows, where they will flash on and off, and far away vegetation flashes in some games too.

The only games that work flawlessly are the Crysis series, and all Source engine games.

18. rabbitweed

rabbitweed Member

GPU:
    2x6950@885/1385 unlocked
    @hamish

the problem is your cpu men,it bottlenecks your gpu huge

19. rabbitweed

rabbitweed Member

GPU:
    2x6950@885/1385 unlocked
    massive improvements on cat 9.8 omfg :eek:

***Battleforge DirectX 10/DirectX 10.1 performance improves of up to 50% with the largest gains in configurations using ATI CrossFireX™ technology.
    ***Company of Heroes DirectX 10 performance improves of up to 77%.
    ***Crysis DirectX 10 performance of ATI CrossFireX technology in dual mode improves of up to 10% and quad mode performance improves of up to 34%.
    ***Crysis Warhead DirectX 10 performance of ATI CrossFireX technology in dual mode improves of up to 7% and quad mode performance improves of up to 69%.
    ***Far Cry 2 DirectX 10 performance of ATI CrossFireX technology in dual mode improves of up to 50% and quad mode performance improves of up to 88%.
    ***Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. DirectX 10/DirectX 10.1 performance of ATI CrossFireX technology in dual mode improves of up to 40% and with quad mode performance improving of up to 60%.
    ***UnigineTropics OpenGL performance improvements of up to 20%.
    **UnigineTropics DirectX 10 performance of ATI CrossFireX technology in quad mode improvements of up to 20%.
    ***World in Conflict DirectX 10 performance improvements of up to by 10%.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://www.pcper.com/comments.php?nid=7641

Should work a bit better than the above summary of the main performance increases, might not gain as much as that though as it depends on more than just the GPU's performance.
    (HDD, CPU, RAM, FSB, - or what it's now called - plus a bit more.)