ATI Catalyst 9.4 driver Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Decane, Apr 8, 2009.

1. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    The only reason I labeled the other set 9.4 BETA was because it didn't change the CCC version from 9.3 and usually ATI's officail drivers are WHQL.

They are good drivers, the 8.60 that is, much better then 9.3 for me.

2. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X (Pascal) + X34
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    As far as drivers are concerned, nVidia is actually doing no better. Not sure about their current drivers, but in the past nVidia was known to reduce graphics quality to show performance improvements. Drivers, in reality, can do little to actually increase performance. Yes, early driver releases can show massive boosts in performance, but in most cases those increases are caused by the driver team learning to develop drivers for the specific GPU series. My last 2 nVidia cards were 8600GT and 9600GT...both of which saw more performance losses than improvements.

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Anyone manage to get the Win7 set on yet ?

5. mwpeck

mwpeck Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    I just finished manually installed them.

Extracting the standard CCC install package, go to your device manager, click Update Drivers then tell it you want to select the drivers.....browse to "C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-4_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_wdm_enu\Driver\Packages\Drivers\Display\LH6A_INF" (C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-4_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_wdm_enu is wherever you extracted the package) and have it install from there.

After doing so it now properly reports 8.60 and 9.4 in the CCC.

6. krayzieNRG

krayzieNRG Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    all good for me.as long as the drivers are stable i'm good.
    its seems ppl want a 5% fps increase in crysis..etc everytime a driver release,what u want by CCC reaches 12.4 u get 200fps...lol
    this is my 1st ati card,had it from october and hadn't have a prob since....THANKS ATI keep up the good work and hope it stays that way.

7. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Yup, just run it! FAIL +1

8. sutyi

sutyi Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 660 OC 2GB
    DL'ed and installed fine, no WHQL signature nor any otherkind of problems with them. Works fine here. Vista x86 SP1.

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ill give it a try, thanks. :)

10. TDurden

TDurden Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Wanted: weapons of fate fire level character lighting bug is still here.
    not that I expected it to be fixed..

11. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    My issues with Assault on Dark Athena seem gone, WHQL or not (artifacts, crashing, system restarts).

Edit: I just noticed shadow artifacts in WoW, meh.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  12. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Can someone with W7 x64 and ATI 4890 confirm that there is no ATI Overdrive function in CCC? Atleast there is non to be seen here. It's supposed to be under Avivo Video.

13. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    that is lcd overdrive avivo video section does not have any kind of overdrive.

the ati overdrive is at the bottom

14. Nitrius

Nitrius Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 580
    Am talking about the overclocking feature, ATI Overdrive, it's a tab by itself under Avivo Video. Not LCD Overdrive.

My problem is that ATI Overdrive, the overclocking feature is nowhere to be seen in CCC. So if anyone with W7 x64 and ATI 4890 could confirm this, that would be great, so that i know if it's a problem with my computer or just driver related.

[​IMG]

15. ForgedReality

ForgedReality Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870x2OC + 9600GT PhysX
    Strange. It shows fine in mine....

[​IMG]

I notice your Direct3D version differs from the driver version. I don't know if that means anything or if it's just an OS thing, but I use XP Pro, so probably the latter.

They still have not fixed the ****ing powerplay bug though. What the ****ing **** is wrong with ATI? Maybe someone can write a little program that will load on boot and quickly throw the card into a 3d mode and back again just to reset the clocks.. >:\

16. Bluedog

Bluedog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX TF 2GD5/OC
    Well since COD 5 is my most played game and they fixed the water corruption bug with the 9.3 driver, I'll be sticking with those for a while.

17. ShivanSpS

ShivanSpS Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GT240
    still no S-Video out fix for Windows 7? WTF!

And what about the ppl with x1xxx and less running Windows 7? no composite or s-video for them? since there will be no more drivers... WTF ATI....

18. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Why dont you guys just use the 2d/3d fix. It works like a charm. I relize the driver should do it on its own, but until they fix it.

Its worth using knowing your 2nd core isnt runing at 3d speed and burning up.

Just a thought.

19. saif

saif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    Sorry people, can you PLEASE explain me what about THIS known problem? I Mean the 2d/3d problem, I dont understand it, and how does it affect us

20. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    It doesn't affect you, it affects the X2 users. Basically when you reboot the 2nd GPU is in 3D clock mode rather than 2D. Launching a fullscreen 3D game will fix the issue though.