ATI Catalyst 6.5 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 24, 2006.

1. Jimi-101

Jimi-101 Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor X1900 CF Edition
    Do these drivers have the old control panel? If not, where can I download it?

2. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080S
    Well Im guessing that the beta is Chuck patch w/ all the 6.5 goodies... and since its on the beta it should also be added officially to the latest release?

On the beta notes it says that it has other known issues so they prolly didnt add it to the officials just yet and since May is nearing the end might as well release the drivers w/ new fix/features.

My guess is the only way to be sure is to check the official drivers if they work w/ HDR + AA, if not then might as well use the drivers that is named after the game that you play ;) and its pretty nice of ATI to make the patch based on the latest drivers.

ATM I cant check them since I dont have a new rig just yet :p. Otherwise I woulda known from the minute the drivers were posted :D.

3. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    Before this I was using the Extreme 6.3's. The 6.5 didn't give me a noticeable performance increase... it's the same for me. I'll keep testing it...

4. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080S
    I just use the old control panel used in an earlier 6.5 beta this can be found here:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1396

You dont have to install the whole thing, just run the setup and cancel the installation and it should be where it extracted the drivers.

5. Clements

Clements Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 670
    AAA option is still greyed out on my laptop with a Mobility X700.

6. Opty

Opty Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Gecube x1900xtx
    I'm getting extremely smooth gaming with these 6.5's. They're a lot better than the 6.3's IMO.

7. Lingo2005

Lingo2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4670
    oh my god, almost next month already, then it will release new ATI Catalyst 6.6
    But i doubt that the new release will slow down

8. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    Opinions on these from X19 (not CF) users?

9. Darkjeste

Darkjeste Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7870 2GB
    Anyone can tell me if using ATI tray tools for the drivers on which way to install them?

Do i need to install the display driver first or tray tools and reboot and install driver?

10. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    On the note of the inclusion of the 'Chuck Patch'

AFAIK these drivers dont have the code implemented, and it will be a while before it is impemented in any pfficial release.

I read an interview with one of ATI's head honchos who stated while they will probably include it in a future release, there are just too many issues and too much work invloved implementing the code in the current driver sets. (the 'patch' is essentially a full driver, with a LOT of code changes)

Also, if you've used the d6.5beta, and then these, you will notice that there is significant differences between the 2, almost feels like a completely different driver.
    Also, my card runs a bit cooler under the new ones, even playing BF2 it would hit 85c and begin to artifact after a while on the betas, played for hours last night and never went above 76c.

Liking this set, performance and IQ is quite good also

Last edited: May 25, 2006

11. Beren-OneHand

Beren-OneHand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    now i just need some modded ones, so that theyll install on my x600 mobile

12. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Yeah, they do :) Seems like their including them from now on.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    control panel included?i hope yes!

14. PING

PING Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX
    Warning, the chuck patch does not come with CCC for xp 64. I tried to install the official xp64 and cancel to try and extract the CCC but I can't find it in the ATI folder - each executable continues with the installation of the entire driver and you cannot de-select the drivers from the CCC option, it won't allow you.

So for us nut heads with xp 64 and crossfire, you have to install the official version first then start the installation process of the chuck patch choosing a different directory such as c:/ATIC, then go into device manager and update each display driver and choosing (I will choose driver) the inf located in the chuck directory you made.

Last edited: May 25, 2006
  15. superhero

superhero Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9800XT 128MB
    BF2 keeps crash to desktop with 1.3 with ATI 6.4 drivers (when click on Join game)

After updated to 6.5 fixed the problem. So is it a BF2 1.3 bugs or ATI 6.4 bugs?

16. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070

these drivers DON`T have CP,as far as i can tell.

17. dogan

dogan Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800
    Anyone got direct link to the mobility version?

18. Duskfall

Duskfall New Member

I am newbie so i want to ask if the optimized drivers of ngo for exaple(these are which i use) are better than 6.5 official drivers.I have X800 SE ati and i want the best perfomance in combination with quality so i don't know which one to prefer.

19. 6.5's Incompatible with ATI TOOL OVERCLOCKING

Hi, I dont think alot of people are aware of this but the new 6.5's do not work correctly with the ATI TOOL overclocking utility. Any game that has AVI, MPG, or any video file when it plays it will automatically downclock your video card back to stock specs regardless of the fact that the ATI services responsible for the 2d-3d switch are disabled:bang:

This really freakin sucks and it completetly defeats the purpose of me going to the 6.5's. CCC's overclocking feature also sucks compared to ATI TOOLS. I hope that a new version of ATI TOOL will come out soon and fix this crap.

20. Raikku

Raikku Master Guru

GPU:
    POV GTX 280
    How about overclockin' with ATT (Ati tray Tool)?

Does it work?