1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI Catalyst 6.5 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 24, 2006.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ATI released Catalyst the May edition of their Catalyst drivers which are now at revision 6.5 Highlights of the CATALYST 6.5 release include:

New Features:

Overlay Theater Mode Update

Catalyst® 6.5 introduces a new option for Overlay Theater Mode. The new option, Standard Dual Mode is available for Radeon® X1000 Avivo equipped graphics cards. This new feature allows users to playback video using hardware acceleration when it is played on both displays (clone mode). Hardware acceleration decreases CPU utilization, allowing the PC to run smoother and faster. When using two displays in clone mode, video playback will be identically displayed on both display devices. For Radeon® X1000 series products (Avivo Video) overlay is per-display and true overlay will be used for both displays. For pre-Radeon® X1000 boards, there is only one hardware overlay, so video on the second clone display device is either software-rendered (i.e. "Same on all" selection) or the Windows desktop is displayed but the video will not show through the color key (i.e., "Standard mode" selection).
    Adaptive Anti-Aliasing for ATI Radeon® 9500 and above
    Adaptive Anti-Aliasing uses super sample anti-aliasing on alpha-blended textures (such as a chain-link fence) that were previously impossible to anti-alias with normal multi-sample anti-aliasing. Using Adaptive Anti-Aliasing in combination with ATI’s multi-sample anti-aliasing delivers an incredible level of image quality. Previously this feature was available on the ATI Radeon® X1000 family products only. Starting with Catalyst® 6.5, Adaptive AA support is now available on ATI Radeon® 9500 and above products.

Performance Improvements
    As with most Catalyst® releases, performance has increased in various situations. The PCI Express bandwidth optimization code in Catalyst® 6.5 brings performance improvements for both the ATI Radeon® X1600 and Radeon® X1300 Crossfire configurations, including:
    Up to 23% gain in UT2004
    Up to 20% gain in Splinter Cell

For more information on Catalyst 6.5, including all of the resolved issues in this release, please see the Catalyst 6.5 release notes found in driver download section.

Grab it here @ Guru3D:
    Catalyst 6.5 Windows XP Pro (64-bit) (Added on 5/24/06)
    Catalyst 6.5 Windows XP (32-bit) (Added on 5/24/06)
    Avivo Video Converter 6.5 (Added on 5/24/06)

2. glutto

glutto Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    No driver updates for Win2k?

3. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Im pretty sure that the XP ones will work on 2K... in the past they always have. Goodbye beta, hello official!

4. _RA_

_RA_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX
    how's ccc? stil using lots of mb of ram?

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    Look like nice drivers - especially for xfire. BF2 is nice runs 1600x1200 6xAA everything max no probs at all. No bugs... :D
    GRAW seems a bit smoother in general than on 6.3's. Might be better xfire support though rather than a single card boost.
    Quake IV also runs great with no issues.
    Run no benchies yet, but will do later :)

6. AaD-Marine

AaD-Marine Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 980
    deleted.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  7. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    wierd gFX bug is back on Canyon flight in 3dm '06 where it all turns white with weird coulrd squggly lines. Text when loading each demo in '06 is all messed up and blurry aswell, just like the beta's.

Score was in around the same though 4325 as opposed to 4337 with Beta, so no real difference there.

8. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Do you guys get rid of your old driver install via Safe Mode before installing new drivers ?

If not, always do that, or you'll eventually end up getting such strange bugs during the drivers' initialization process upon arriving at the Desktop after a system boot, or will end up getting visual glitches/anomalies in certain (if not all) applications.

Use Driver Cleaner in Safe Mode, get rid of the drivers by cleaning under the "ATI" option, and nothing else is necessary, just "ATI" will be enough.

Then restart in Normal/Standard Mode, install new drivers, reboot, and voila, you'll be set.

In my case, I just installed the official 6.5, and I have absolutely no issues whatsoever, and my 3DMark06 has no visual bugs, and never had any.

9. glutto

glutto Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The XP download is titled:

6-5_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_32464.exe

so I think I'll try them out.

10. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    AAA for 9500+ cards? I've got to try that! (My card isn't the best, but it can afford AA in some games)

Lemme give them a try. I'll post later.

11. AaD-Marine

AaD-Marine Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 980
    deleted.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  12. El1jonmc

El1jonmc Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 3GB OC
    i was using 6.3 cat, and i read alot of bad news for the 6.4 cat, but i just been playing call of duty 2 and ran 3d mark 03 and i scored 35 points higher...not a HUGE boost, but hey it's something, games also run smoother....can't complain

13. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    Well, installed them without the CCC, using ATT. Gonna test, I have some games, and 3dmark.

14. Opty

Opty Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Gecube x1900xtx
    About time.

15. Raikku

Raikku Master Guru

GPU:
    POV GTX 280
    Someone with X850Xt, please report how these drivers work.

Especially when compared to older ones, 5.13/6.1 etc.

16. Jimi-101

Jimi-101 Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor X1900 CF Edition
    Do these have the old control panel like the 6.5 betas did?

17. Tuco

Tuco Guest

18. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Your too picky :)
    Be glad you can do HDR... im stuck with bloom.
    Havent had a chance to get these running yet but i know i was very pleased with the betas.

19. Opty

Opty Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Gecube x1900xtx
  20. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Just jumped from 6.1 to 6.5, quake4 feels faster and smoother. All games so far seem nice and smooth.

Shouldn't this thread be sticked by now? :)