ATi Catalyst 5.9 are out...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MechWarrior, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Soms

Soms New Member

GPU:
    XFX NVIDIA GeForce 6200 256Mb AGP
    Unfortunately I find ATI drivers a real let down overall. The Control Center felt tacky when I gave it a go, the Control Panel and system tray menu feet old fashioned and the compatibility with games is a dodgy story. I've ended up defecting back to Nvidia now where the drivers are sleek, work fine and have features such as Application profiles, saving the time of constantly changing driver settings before running a game or program.
    Is it only the drivers or also the hardware which have problems with certain games?

2. Webwiper

Webwiper Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Extreme X850XT @ PE with Artic ATI Silencer 5
    5.9 are very solid drivers ! No problems whatsoever here, using ati tray tool wich contains the possibility to create game profiles. CCC is since this version very stable, so I'm wondering how you conclude that nvidia drivers are better ?

3. Soms

Soms New Member

GPU:
    XFX NVIDIA GeForce 6200 256Mb AGP
    Think its just my experiences really! I'm sure your right and that things are fine with this version. Call it what you will, but since converting to ATI in Jan 04, I found it to be a bit of a rat race with games and drivers. Its nice to see that you can be optimistic about better driver releases, though personally I find it hard, since from my experience past and present, Nvidia drivers have worked fine regardless.
    I wasnt aware that the ATI drivers could be configured for a per-game basis, when was that introduced? Its been in Nvidia drivers since last summer.