ATi Catalyst 5.9 are out...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MechWarrior, Sep 21, 2005.

1. worzle

worzle New Member

I've recently brought a Dell Inspiron X300, however these drivers don't want to install. Apparently Dell isn't a supported brand or somthing like that. Can anyone tell me why this is and whether it would be safe to try and circumvent this to install the 5.9 CCC?

2. flexkilla

flexkilla Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT
    what card's in the dell? give us some info.

3. worzle

worzle New Member

ATI Mobility Radeon X300 with 64 mb "ram"

4. flexkilla

flexkilla Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT
    i dont know man.....check ATI's site and if your cards not listed....then your probably SOL:(

5. Web junkie

Web junkie Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X850 XT + Catalyst 5.11
    Have I mentioned the 60Hz bug yet? NO!! Well let me explain it again!

On bootup and exiting games, occasionaly the refresh rate gets set to 60Hz, only been doing this since 5.6, 5.7, 5.8 and, well blow me down, 5.9!!!

This is a random problem, nothing seems to trigger it as I can play the same game many times and have no problem when exiting to desktop then it will just start dropping to 60Hz on exit? Have a hell of a job getting the refresh rate back to 100Hz too! ATI icon in the systemtray works sometimes but not always. I often have to open Dispaly Properties and set the Monitor to 60Hz (even though it's showing 100Hz but operating at 60Hz) and apply it then set it back to 100Hz and hope it works, if not I keep having to toggle between 60/100Hz until the refresh rate sticks at 100Hz.

So I guess I can say the same for 5.10, 5.11, 5.12, 6.1 etc etc!!

6. flexkilla

flexkilla Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT
    Well hers a screenie of BF2...looks good ...but about the same as 5.8:(

BF2

This is at 1152x864 with all turned to high with 6xAA and no AF.

7. Webwiper

Webwiper Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Extreme X850XT @ PE with Artic ATI Silencer 5
    And what about the dynamic shadows ? Still lumpy or are they okay now ?

Kind regards
    Web Wiper

8. carmagedon

carmagedon Guest

Good set
    Stable but the same performance...sad

9. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Everyone always rushes to d/l new drivers, me included, but most of the time, they aint any better, its a shame, but drivers can only do so much.

3dmark 01,03,05 Benchmarks mean nothing. But for good measure, since i've had newer drivers, my 3dmark01 scores went down 2k in points. Shows you how ati optimised for it,lmao.

For games, etc. As long as the games you play run good, don't change nothing. I'm still suprised my card runs games as good as it does, i'll be upgrading to the next card after 7800:)

10. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Just wondered how u can play with 6xaa and no af, This game looks much better with af.

11. aarskringspier

aarskringspier New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 670
    Whatever Java works now with AA turned on that was my biggest complaint.

12. GODzillaSDM

GODzillaSDM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    i realized colin mcrae 2005 was choppy for me with 5.8 and 5.9. When driving straight, the image seems to jerk. Went back to 4.12's, and problem was significantly reduced. I need to test a bit more.

But i think i'll stick to 4.12's as they seem to be best for 9800pro's. Good thing i saved the setup file too, cuz ATI removed that download. (even when registered).

13. Kylote

Kylote Member

GPU:
    ATi 256MB X800 XT (PCI-express)
    My question, if someone can answer, is are you able to use hardware AA with 5.9 in BF2? When I downloaded and installed the 5.8's I no longer could use the hardware AA in BF2. It may seem just like an annoyance, but it bothered me to have to have one profile for BF2, and one profile for every other game I own. If someone can apply it and try playing with just hardware AA, and not in-game AA and let me know if it works, it would save me some time ;)

14. Afrow UK

Afrow UK Member

GPU:
    Asus ATI Radeon EAX850XT PE
    MOH:AA still crashes with 5.9
    I'm still using the 5.6 atioglxx.dll which you need to put in your MOHAA folder.

-Stu

15. PinBot

PinBot Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870 1gb
    I'm using them, and they work fine in WOW (only game I play), can someone recommend any latter set for 9800pro?

16. flexkilla

flexkilla Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT
    ya, it's still blocky:(

17. danylati

danylati Member Guru

GPU:
    Ati HD 2900XT Saphire 512Mb
    yay, i think ati never resolve this problem, but now is fine

18. crkwhr

crkwhr Member Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080ti sc2
    My biggest complaint now is solved ive had since the 5.5's were out I would get all kinds of errors on loadup and missing hardware till i loaded the 5.9 on my xp64. Now everything is smooth at loadup and bf2 runs wonderfully. So i can now stop using the 5.4.

19. Ehecu

Ehecu Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5750
    Seems to perform pretty well... I'm getting a few graphical glitches in SWG, but that may be SOE's fault. I'll test it out later...

20. Kylote

Kylote Member

GPU:
    ATi 256MB X800 XT (PCI-express)
    I often bring this up only because people don't seem to express the same issue, so it makes me wonder if just I have the problem. But in BF2, using this driver, and the 5.8's, the hardware AA does not work. I have to go into Control Panel and turn it off, and then turn AA up in game, so everytime I want to play something besides BF2 I have to go back into the Control Panel and turn it back on.