ATi Catalyst 5.9 are out...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MechWarrior, Sep 21, 2005.

1. MechWarrior

MechWarrior Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Classified Sli OC
  2. Darkjeste

Darkjeste Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7870 2GB
    Yea i knew they were gonna release them here in a bit,good way to tell is when there tech support and driver webpage goes offline but everything else on the website works perfectly fine which is exactly what happend for the past hour+

3. MrIbra

MrIbra Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD 7770 1GB
    Sweet! :)

4. Raven'sBlood

Raven'sBlood Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GTX
    The 5.9's that regeneration had seemed stable on my system i hope these are as well.

5. flexkilla

flexkilla Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT
    cmon man....what the feedback on these.....any good....notice any drastic improvements????:question:

6. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    Seem even better than 5.8's in BF2 nice and smooth for me.

7. BarrettF77

BarrettF77 Banned

GPU:
    Ati X800 XT P.E. w/ Arctic Cooling Silencer 5
    All seems the same. No better, no worse. Atleast im current again.

8. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Connect3D X800 PCI-Express 256MB
    Nice... i downloaded the Control Panel this time...

i like CCC, but i did not like the whole black screen at bootup :S

9. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    Will wait till someone moddes them... especially from omega. Great drivers....

anyone noticed a performance increase with this version? 3dmarks (bullsh1t I know, but nice to know :) ), FPS in important games?

10. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hehehe... dont we all wish our old graphic cards (with a simple driver update) to be able to play BF2 highest settings at the highest resolution! ;)

Hehehe...

11. Incoming

Incoming Active Member

GPU:
    2 Saphire 7970 3gb Xfire
    Keepers for me

FWIW, this is with card in sig @ 520/530

3DMark05
    6267 w/5.9
    6209 w/5.6

CSS
    149 fps w/5.6
    155 fps w/5.9

I was still using 5.6 because 5.7 & 5.8 didn't work to well for me.

12. Darrin

Darrin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PX7800GTX @ 450/1250
    Why is it at ATI they only have them in CCC flavor but here at guru they have the classic CP?

I thought ATI said they are only releasing CCC from now on?

13. Opty

Opty Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Gecube x1900xtx
    Go to ATI's Knowledge base on the website. The CP version is there.

ATI just don't put it on the front page anymore. No one knows how long they will still keep making a CP version. I guess while alot demand it, they will provide it.

14. nohead

nohead New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 7600GT 256MB
    Issues Resolved in Catalystâ„¢ Software Suite 5.9

The following section provides a summary of the issues that have been resolved in the latest version of Catalystâ„¢. These include:

* Battlefield 2: The game no longer exits to the Windows desktop after the game logo is displayed
    * Endorphin: Running the application under Windows XP no longer results in hesitation being noticed during simulation or playback
    * Max Payne 2: Erratic mouse pointer behavior is no longer noticed within the game's menu after a short time period of game play
    * MU: Opening a chat window and playing the on-line game no longer results in Hesitation being noticed when pressing the Enter key
    * Silent Hunter 3: Enabling all video options within the game and setting the particle density to 100, along with setting Anti-Aliasing to 6X and Anisotropic Filtering to 16x, no longer results in display corruption on the left portion of the display
    * Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: Running the Dantoonie level of the game no longer results in hesitation being noticed
    * Terminator 3: The game no longer fails to respond and a VPU Recover message no longer occur after loading the game character
    * The Catalyst Control Center no longer displays blank pages when quickly exiting and re-launching the Catalyst Control Center while hot-plugging or hot-unplugging a CRT display device
    * Installing an All-in-Wonder into a system containing an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series and an ATI Theater 550 Pro no longer results in loss of signal error message when setting the country region to Sweden
    * HDTV support may still be displayed within the control panel with ATI products that do not support HDTV
    * Connecting two display devices using the DVI and CRT connectors on a system containing an ATI Xpress 200 results in the system failing to resume when entering standby state
    * Catalyst Control Center: The Overdrive Automated Clock Configuration Utility may continue running even after the user selects apply or cancel in the utility's confirmation window
    * Connecting two display devices using the DVI and CRT connectors on a system containing an ATI Xpress 200 no longer results in the system failing to resume when entering standby state. Further details can be found in topic number 737-19538
    * Catalyst Control Center: Connecting a TV as the only display device to an ATI Radeon X300/X600 series no longer results in the Signal Format found in the Adjustment page of the TV Properties being labeled as Unknown
    * Three of the four ATI entries found in the Add or Remove Programs for Windows XP Japanese version, are no longer displayed in English
    * The Catalyst Control Center shortcut is now removed when selecting to uninstall the ATI software driver
    * Catalyst Control Center: The Overscan slider bar now displays a Minimum, Medium and Maximum setting for All-in-Wonder SCART boards
    * WDM version numbers are no longer documented in the Information Center of the Catalyst Control Center for ATI products that do not support WDM drivers
    * An intermittent error message is no longer experienced when selecting all of the aspects within the Catalyst Control Center quickly
    * The limited account user no longer has the ability to add a short cut for the profile manager in the system tray
    * Overdrive settings no longer revert back to the default setting when connecting a secondary display device and enabling extended desktop mode
    * Moving the slide bar found in the Adjustments aspect of the Catalyst Control Center are now restored to their pervious levels when clicking the discard button
    * A horizontal shifting issue when using the capture application is now resolved
    * Changes to the audio settings are now retained after a system reboot when using the ATI Theater 550 Pro
    * Resuming from suspend mode no longer results in the audio level returning to its default value
    * Poor quality of static texture and scrolling text when watching live TV on system containing an ATI All-in-Wonder X800 series product is no longer noticeable
    * Catalyst Control Center: The hot-key list is now dynamically populated to reflect the enable/disable status
    * The Use Manual Detection Only translation for traditional Chinese is now correct
    * The Overscan/Underscan option found in the Catalyst Control Center has now been translated properly for the Russian language
    * The ability to navigate within the Catalyst Control Center while a confirmation dialog box for the Catalyst Control Center is displayed is no longer possible
    * The Apply button is now available when making a change to 3D aspect page in the Catalyst Control Center
    * Intermittent launch failures of the Catalyst Control Center is now resolved
    * Connecting two display devices to the Radeon X700 using the DVI and CRT connectors no longer results in display corruption being noticed when booting Windows XP
    * Connecting an HDTV and a CRT display device followed by disabling the CRT and rebooting the system no longer results in the HDTV failing to display an image and the CRT becoming active again
    * HDTV support no longer fails to be detected properly after connecting a CRT and TV to the ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series
    * Display corruption is no longer noticed on the secondary display device when disabling extended desktop mode
    * Setting Anti-Aliasing to 4x in the Catalyst Control Center no longer results in a blank window or an error message being displayed when launching Java plug in
    * Hesitation is no longer noticed during the opening cinematic of Madagascar when rotating the display device by 180 degrees
    * Display corruption is no longer noticed when running the Codecreatures benchmark when the FrameBuffer is set to 64MB on system containing an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series
    * An extraordinarily long delay is no longer noticed when resuming from an S3 state
    * Overlay corruption is no longer noticed when turning off the primary display device in systems containing an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series
    * The display resolution options of 800x600 and 640x480 mode are no longer available within the Display Manager aspect after rotating a desktop that is rotated by 90 or 270 degree
    * Running 3D billboard under XP and having the application window display on the left side of the primary display, no longer results in the 3D screen image staying on the left side when dragging the application to the right side of the display device
    * A black screen image is no longer displayed when entering a full screen DOS prompt when using an ATI Radeon 9800 XT under Windows XP
    * The Windows XP Professional x64 Edition operating system no longer prompts the user for confirmation of the un-install of ATI Parental Control when running the ATI un-attended un-install
    * Entering standby mode under the Windows XP operating system no longer results in display corruption being noticed or the operating system failing to respond
    * Display corruption when using the TV-Out composite setting has now been resolved for the ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series
    * Video corruption is no longer noticed when playing a DVD under Windows XP MCE
    * Live TV no longer appears choppy when using and ATI Radeon X300 and two ATI Theater 550 Pro tuner cards and outputting to PiP in PowerCinema
    * Video jitter is no longer noticed when playing back video using overlay with DXVA
    * The German language control panel text no longer appears truncated when using 96 DPI

15. flexkilla

flexkilla Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X1950XT
    well they seem good...but i'm getting a lot of CTD's in BF2 now:( BUT i also just switched to creatives new OpenAL beta driver for my Audigy2 card....which is supposed to be better for BF2....*SIGH* oh well, who knows:(

16. Cynips

Cynips Active Member

GPU:
    Visiontek Xstasy RADEON X800 Pro
    For what it's worth:

3DMark05 4811
    Doom 3 58.4
    CSS StressTest 83.02

3DMark05 4857
    Doom 3 58.4
    CSS StressTest 82.79

So, basically no performance difference.

17. Darrin

Darrin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PX7800GTX @ 450/1250
    I like the way ATI make a list of fixes for games that no one prolly cares about and/or plays :rolleyes:

What happend to True Form though? Is it all fully automatic now and kicks in with the 2 or so games that use it. Its not an option now in the CP under 3d3 and Ogl. Has it been axed.

anyway, I see no diff in these driver over the 5.8 at all. any increase in scores is so small i wont even bother to list it.

Stable though, so they will do till I get me a new card.

18. Webwiper

Webwiper Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Extreme X850XT @ PE with Artic ATI Silencer 5
    How do shadows look in BF2 using these drivers ?

Kind regards
    Web Wiper

19. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super
    Do these drivers support the Mobile X300?

20. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The Mobility Catalyst now officially supports mobilty 9600, 9700, 9800, x300, x600, x700, x800!

And i just switched from CCC 5.8 to CP 5.9 and i have to say i like the NO BLACK SCREEN AT BOOT and the faster load of windows... but ALOT of the features arent in CP.. :(

Also... i believe ATi saw the number of downloads for Control Panel was so much that they decided to keep it! ;)

They could dump CCC and work an a better version of CP!