ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Dec 27, 2012.

?

ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.01 Thoughts

1. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (GOOD)

8.5%
  2. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

42.6%
  3. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (GOOD)

8.5%
  4. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (GOOD)

5.7%
  5. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (GOOD)

7.8%
  6. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

16.3%
  7. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (BAD)

0.7%
  8. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.4%
  9. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (BAD)

4.3%
  10. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (BAD)

5.7%
  11. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (BAD)

0.7%
  12. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. highroller

highroller New Member

GPU:
    ATI RADEON® Xpress1150
    There is a bug where the screen goes black with only hour glass right before login screen after power-on with Windows 10 using this driver. Problem doesn't persist if reboot, only at power-on. Will it be fixed? I am using a laptop with ATI Radeon Xpress 1150.

Thanks.

2. godknowswhy

godknowswhy Member Guru

GPU:
    All sorts
    This modded driver is no longer under active development. Not sure, but you may be able to fix your issue by disabling fast boot option.

3. highroller

highroller New Member

GPU:
    ATI RADEON® Xpress1150
    Is there any other modded driver that supports ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 in this forum similar to this one? Maybe there is one that is even newer than this one?
    Thanks.

4. godknowswhy

godknowswhy Member Guru

GPU:
    All sorts

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379028

5. neock

neock New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 3870 X2
    do u still have your modded driver hybrid 11.12 ? i went to download it but the link is down

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  6. LawLietRiu

LawLietRiu New Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5650
    For those of you that can't seem to get the CCC to download , try to follow this guide , for me it worked , mind you that I am using a Mobility Radeon 2300HD / Win7-86bits.
    For this you will need/I used :

1st- "ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.09 V6 BETA" driver from the 1st page - thank "dellon132":thumbup: ​
    2nd- "Catalyst Software Suite 13.9" from the AMD Legacy Support page​

So , I started with unpacking the drivers , then went into the CSC 13.9(2-nd) folder and from the folder "Packages" - "Apps" - copied all of the folders to the same target ( that was empty ) inside the ATI C 12.11(1st) folder. And that is all folks,CCC with this awsome driver :3eyes: http://i.imgur.com/qtbfYRU.png

P.S. - I tried to run the "Alternate Installer.cmd" but for some reason , the links ( all 3 ) where broken.
    P.S. - Have to mention/thank also "AmiloMan" for the help and support on finding this solution.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
  7. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    Disable the following services:

Diagnostic Policy Service
    Diagnostic Service Host
    Diagnostic System Host
    Diagnostics Tracking Service

These services control all the tracking. Once disabled my network usage dropped to only what I was actually using.

8. neock

neock New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 3870 X2
    when the installation of this driver finish and reboot the pc , i go to ccc and on hardware information i get : second adapter disabled , does anyone know how to enabled it ? , but when i install the official legacy drivers(13.9,13.1,12.6) , crossfire is enabled. Only with modded drivers crossfire its disabled.

9. stephendt

stephendt New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 6600 128MB
    I can't install any driver for my X300 or X550 on Windows 10. Works perfectly in Windows 8.1. I just get a BSOD saying page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (32bit Windows) or I get system_thread_example_not_handled (64bit Windows) when installing the driver manually or via the setup. Any suggestions on how to get this working? I have a slightly older but more than capable system that I'd like the make the most of with Windows 10.

10. fauxpaux

fauxpaux New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5650//4200
    I'm really confused on what to do for my setting, if anyone can shed some light, I would appreciate.

My notebook has switchable GPU, between ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 and 5650.
    I could not care less about using the 4200, all I want is to have the best performance from my 5650.
    So what exactly should I do to update the driver for only the 5650?
    It really doesn't matter if I deactivate the 4200, if I update with the official driver for the 5650, none is recognized.

I'm currently under Windows 7 64-bit with this config:
    Thanks.

[I just found UnifL but it seems to focused on Intel/AMD switchable GPUs]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015

11. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX480 GX 8GB
    Can't you simply resort to an older Cat Mobility package that supports both GPUs? I guess most up to 12.4 should do, and still be supported under W7.
    It's not that you'll gain a serious performance boost with newer drivers.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  12. RPO

RPO New Member

GPU:
    Radeon mobility 4200
    After upgrading to Windows 10 X86, I "lost" CCC and Windows installed its own driver for my Raydeon HD 3600 graphic card.
    The following steps brought back CCC :
    1. Delete everything concerning AMD/ATI by running DDU
    2. After reboot as recommended by DDU, execute amd_catalyst_13.4_legacy_beta_vista_win7_win8.exe downloaded from AMD site.
    3. Following this step, CCC is available again. The Catalyst version is 13.4 and the driver version is 8.970.100.0000.
    4. Windows Update installs afterwards version 8.970.100.9001 (the same as following the Windows 10 upgade), but CCC is still operational.

13. stephendt

stephendt New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 6600 128MB
    Has anyone had this issue..?

14. Shubi

Shubi New Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 4850H
    I got a problem that say my certificate is invalid. Someone can share the certificate to use?

The error is: "Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  15. darleyni

darleyni New Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility 4250
    The "ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.09 V6 BETA" has a text file named "Installation Failure WKA" or "Failed Driver Installation WorkAround". It will gives you the link to download the certificate. Here is the link anyway:

mediafire . com/download/904597g98jgbob1/Failed+Driver+Installation+WorkAround.7z

When you open the file, click "Place all certificates in the following store" then click "Browser" and finally select "Trusted Root Certification Authorities"

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015

16. routergray

routergray Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon X300
    If you're still stuck on this, I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Latitude D810 with an X300 and it's working okay, not the greatest performance in the world but it works. The driver I'm using is the one from the Windows Update Catalog for that card, for Windows 7. I can't be certain now but it seems to me there was a separate file for each of 32 bit and 64 bit.

17. xp15

xp15 New Member

GPU:
    Radeon xpress 200
    Thanks! Finally something!

Im using Windows 10 with Radeon Xpress 200, and it didnt accept any driver aceept his annoying Basic one.

And then you came 0: ("This Summer in any cinema, the man who saved millions around the world with one. simple. idea. But there are a some he can't help... The Windows 95's Tribute 0: ) - Thats just a joke, sorry :p

OK so I my resolution changed and Device manager finnaly telling me the right driver (AMD Radeon Xpress 200 Series).

But high quality video in full screen is slow... and get stuck. even not at full screen. but the CPU is only 20% then, and there's like 200 mb free in the ram.

That can be fixed, right?
    Maybe let the cpu do part of the job.

Oh, I also cant get the sound to work on this pc, its a P5rd1-vm asus motherboard. Maybe its not related to AMD but I'll see.

BTW: I used this driver (first link in the first page here. remove *'s): ht*tp://w*ww.media*fire.com/download/stgd5pxbv4lk44p/ATI+Catalyst+12.11+B11+HotFix+11.09+V6+BETA.7z

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  18. highroller

highroller New Member

GPU:
    ATI RADEON® Xpress1150
    yeah, expect video lag for fullscreen high resolution flash videos due to slow gpu. You can avoid lag if you either lower the resolution like (from 720p to 480p) or resize the flash video size to a smaller size like 1/4 of the screen. Try to avoid HTML5 video format in Youtube by install a extension h264ify extension, it forces youtube to play all videos in flash format. For some reason, I can play full screen flash videos in youtube without lag, maybe because flash video for youtube has lower resolution. Ironically, HTML5 video supposed to be more lean/efficient, I guess it's just a hype. Same thing applies to any video files.

I tried to let cpu to do most of the rendering job by turning off hardware acceleration. But it didn't work for me because my cpu is too slow too. Maybe yours would work.

Your sound problem has nothing to do with AMD, you just need to find the sound driver. Find out the name of your sound card and google it for the driver.

19. xp15

xp15 New Member

GPU:
    Radeon xpress 200

Ok, I'll try lower resolutions and sizes. And ain't h.264 force only codec? like HTML5 with h.264 instead of VP9? because it gave me a better perofrmance, and when I tried flash video the player was youtube's old one (grey). also the video shutter looked different. When I use H.264 it stays the new HTML5, but stop using VP9 which is heavier on low pc.
    Dch48 here gave me a newer driver too.

I will try disabling HW acceleration in firefox. And I will try in VLC too (If there's an option for that).

20. highroller

highroller New Member

GPU:
    ATI RADEON® Xpress1150
    No, I am using Chrome. h264ify is a chrome browser extension, it is specifically for Youtube only.

Most videos work on VLC without lag and any change of setting. I usually choose video file that is under 2gb. Once in a while, I got videos that lag even though they are not above 720p. I just use something else to watch them in that case

BTW, my laptop is 8 years old, I added only more ram, and replaced with SSD.