1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Dec 27, 2012.

?

ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.01 Thoughts

1. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (GOOD)

8.6%
  2. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

43.2%
  3. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (GOOD)

7.2%
  4. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (GOOD)

5.8%
  5. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (GOOD)

7.9%
  6. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

16.5%
  7. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (BAD)

0.7%
  8. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.5%
  9. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (BAD)

4.3%
  10. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (BAD)

5.8%
  11. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (BAD)

0.7%
  12. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. seven09

seven09 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Thanks, well the alternate installer cmd prompt window didn't have very clear instruction. Just said wait for it to open a new window or something, which didn't happen/

But I figured out, just copied those contents of ccc2recent to Packages->Apps->CCC2 then reran the main setup and CCC v2013 appeared in custom installation options. Worked and now I have the ore recent CCC. :)

2. iakoboss7

iakoboss7 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480
    hello,

just made a partition especially to try windows 8.1 x64 before i move to it (i got the iso with update 3 pre-installed).

everything went really smooth all my drivers worked (even those that ONLY had win 7 x64 versions)

BUT not any amd driver!

1st i tried this driver, installed fine, restarted but NO ccc... i try to open it from the shortcut in the right click at the desktop and it says "ccc has no settings to configure" with only option to close it...
    so i completely uninstall them!!!

then i go ahead and download your driver, this one

so in installation it asked lots of "do you want to run this file?" , i pressed YES in all of them, also pressed OK to the warning of unsigned driver and installed fine!
    i restarted fine, and again i see NO ccc, this time its not even in right click menu on desktop.
    i searched for ccc in all program file and user locations but didnt found anything... also most folders where kinda empty (those folders are full of content in my win 7).

anyone has any ideas? should i reinstall windows 8.1 and try again (cause i used the other driver before yours) or something else is the matter?

thank you and sorry for the long post!

EDIT: well i found the alternate download solution and used latest ccc (v2013) rerun setup installed fine, i restarted and now i have the same problem i had with the 1st driver i used at the start of this comment...
    now what :(

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  3. iakoboss7

iakoboss7 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480
    thats the error i am getting

[​IMG]

4. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 3450
    Hey, sorry for being impatient but wheres the latest download links? I find the OP too cluttered and the links there are to versions I think are old and don't line up with the dates for the announcments.

5. seeker010

seeker010 Member

Installed Beta 6 on my Inspiron 6400/E1505 with X1400. Doesn't support powerplay. Rather, the option exists in CCC, but as far as I can tell it doesn't do anything.

Also, lost support for aspect ratio scaling

6. linkspyder

linkspyder New Member

GPU:
    gtx 760 / 2gb
    acer 1694lmi X700 mobility radeon

Hello,

I've just installed windows 8.1 just to find out the dificulties of having a simple piece of hardware working the way it should.

I've downloaded the modded driver presert here but still I'm having a few problems and I was hoping that maybe somenone here could help me:

after de instalation of the driver everything works(at 1024*768 only) until I reboot; after this all I get is the black screen; I've already deleted from the registry the Windows Activation Technologies entry, but still the same; the only way to revert is to go back to the basic microsoft driver.

Can someone tell me if there is a newer version of this modded driver in order to solve this issue. Regards.

7. Cloudx7x

Cloudx7x New Member

GPU:
    2x7870 Crossfire
    amd xpress 200m user

dellon132 bro dont ever stop updating this amazing driver, its the only driver i can use with my xpress 200m on windows 8.1 performance is great! :D any news on updated drivers inc? :nerd::):nerd:

8. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 3450
    Where do I go to to download the latest version?

9. jofcrm

jofcrm New Member

GPU:
    mobility radeon hd 5650
    I've managed to get this working before, but I unfortunately had to format my hdd.

Now, I can't get it to work.

How do you install this?
    Click on setup, and that is it?

10. Diablocalypse

Diablocalypse New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD4890 1Go
    Hi all,

For those who can't use CCC (like me) use his alternative Ati Tray Tools (available on Guru3D).

Works very fine and he gives more advanced options.

But u need to use "Run as an Administrator" each time.

11. semisator

semisator Member

GPU:
    ATi Radeon X1600 Pro
    I absolutely agree. I hope dellon132 is just very busy and doesn't have much time right now. Don't forget how grateful people are for your wonderful support! :)

12. harrinus

harrinus Member Guru

GPU:
    5850 Extreme
    Hey. I use to help you whit this driver long time ago whit the hybrid crossfire thingy if you remeber. anyways i was wondering about could it be possible to make intel i5 cpu graphix to work the same time as whit the pcie card. i have option in my mainboard (z97-pro) to use the pci-e card and cpu graphis HD4600 together. But it dont seem to work atleast whit 3870 card, Dont know is this because like in the old hybrid mode those cards need to the be the same series to work. But anyways so far i have been able to get windows 8 to reconise both of the card same time and both are working in device manager and also when using benchmarks and games it will show 1 and 2 gpu but it will only activate the main one you have chosen from the bios. I have testet both the cpu graphs and pcie and both workd normaly when chosen to be the main one. It would be nice if it would possible to run both of them in crossfire mode ore something. Sens those intel cpu graphigs are not that bad, I remeber that in the past that hybrid stuff worked sometimes even the gards verent even the same series even the manufactuer claim it that they need to be. So if you can check this out and check can you do anything about it i can start to test those drivers again like in the past. :) keep up the good work :)

13. harrinus

harrinus Member Guru

GPU:
    5850 Extreme

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=xgad5h&s=8#.VRqZ4YH3-po here is a pic from the bencmark and also i can see 1% usage sometimes from the second gpu sen i installed ati tray tools. Have to use that sens i dont seem to get catalyst working in windows 8.1

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=28m1r0h&s=8#.VRqfjIHG-po here is pic from the device manager so as you can see all are basicly working.

Ok. Now i notice something strange. I deside to disable the cpu graphs form the device manager and the gpu 2 (cpu) Startet to jump to 100% for a like 2-3 sec sometimes during benchmark when i abled again gpu 2 stays 0% all the time. i also trued to enable or disable crossfire from the iCrossfireX Gpu Switcher but it didnt seem to have any effect

Did some more testing and now i was able to get the 2GPU run at 10% but this will only happend when using second display and runing benchmark in 2 screen modes and connecting cpu graphics to the second display and the basic gpu to the other display but clearly it can be done just dont know how i would get them both to run at the same time whit one display :( using both connections to 1 display HDMI and DVI exsamble wont help it.

No i know it can be done but this will only work as when you use 2 or more displays and connect lmainboard to one display and gpu to other and you can use them both seperatly but not together. i tryed to use 2 diffrent games to 2 diffrent displays and it shows 100% usage on both but off gourse this dosnt benefit gaming in anyway. So if you gould check is it possible to activate both connections to 1 display would be great. Sens they clearly can be runned at full power at the same time.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  14. Sildur

Sildur Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX960 4GB (1555/7400)
    Thanks a lot for this modified drivers.
    ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.09 V6 BETA runs great on my ATI x1200!

15. xmesaj2

xmesaj2 New Member

GPU:
    HD4250+HD5470/HD6870
    Last Activity: 12-31-2014 22:33

AMD hired a hitman to take down dellon132 for making better drivers than they do actually :(

16. harrinus

harrinus Member Guru

GPU:
    5850 Extreme
    Is this driver updatet anymore?

17. NXR

NXR Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility RadeonHD3470
    i have windows 8.1 and i currently have this driver fully working (also 2nd best in performance)
    ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 10 P6 V10.2 Legacy Driver x64Bit.7zip

Good Luck!

18. Dr451

Dr451 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte AMD R9 270X 2GB
    YEAH new drivers for my old HD3870. THX for good job

19. Fatsodonkey

Fatsodonkey New Member

GPU:
    4250m/5650m switchable
    I have hp 3011so with windows 8.1 and installed ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.09 V6 BETA.

Trying to play far cry 4 but it has huge artifacts. Can someone recommend me a driver version to play far cry 4?

20. NXR

NXR Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility RadeonHD3470
    i have tested almost all of them, i had win8.1 wich caused me some problems because i coudn't get some display drivers/ CCC working, now i re-installed win7 and tryed some drivers again and the latest one (ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 10 P6 V11.10.6.6) is the one i get the best performance of my mobility HD3470 (256mb FTW!)

But, when i had win8.1 the best i had was(ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 10 P6 V10.2 Legacy Driver x64Bit), if you want test it feel free to do it just unnistall with DDU and disable driver signature.
    Good luck!