ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Dec 27, 2012.

?

ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.01 Thoughts

1. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (GOOD)

9.8%
  2. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

42.0%
  3. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (GOOD)

8.4%
  4. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (GOOD)

6.3%
  5. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (GOOD)

8.4%
  6. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

16.1%
  7. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (BAD)

0.7%
  8. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.3%
  9. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (BAD)

4.2%
  10. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (BAD)

5.6%
  11. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (BAD)

1.4%
  12. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. lukiboss

lukiboss Member

GPU:
    3650 mobility
    These drivers dont work for me, check thread in this section for more info. Please help

2. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Btw a heads up as I thought people should know how bad 12.x series are for 4K...

The 12.x series appear to be (as I predicted all along) complete junk for DX9 and 4K series from my tests (Win7 x64 + 4870x2).

Oblivion & Race driver GRID FPS go down the toilet beginning 12.1...I didn't bother to find out more. They're all bad even 8.97.

Infact, as a side note on anything after Cat 12.1, Supertiling as an MVPU option for legacy crossfire was messed up/removed somehow,
    and all you'll get is a garbled coloured mess when trying to enable it for DX9 games, so the old MVPU crossfire modes got screwed over too when the 7K series was "introduced" into the drivers, along with god knows what else.

The last usable driver for unfettered DX9 appears to be 11.11c (if you play skyrim). If not then 11.12. 12.1 works but it is slower in everything else.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  3. seeker010

seeker010 Member

doesn't work on integrated HD 3200 on MSI Live Diva. Screen goes back and system hangs when driver attempts to install.

4. Haldod

Haldod New Member

GPU:
    ATI 4200 and AMD 6650M
    i have ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 and AMD Radeon HD 6650M (HP Pavilion dv7 6020ss) and to me it worked. The problem is i can not change the gpu (low and high performance gpu) and no program (Catalyst).

Thanks so much

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015

5. arthur

arthur New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4250m + 5650m
    Same problem here =/
    Using ATI4250m + 5650m, and i'm also getting very low fps in World of Warcraf (even in lowest settings)

Thanks!

6. maur1c10

maur1c10 New Member

GPU:
    HD 4670/1GB
    im sorry for my ignorance
    i downloaded the catalyst control center files already for framework 4
    which one do i have to use to install it?

7. getslow

getslow New Member

GPU:
    HD5145m
    Hi, i got HD5145 Mobility. It based on 4500series, so it doesn't supported Latest Catalyst

The latest installing version for me is 13.9.. Would be better on "12.11 Beta 11 Modded"? At all, should i try or better stay on 13.9?

Sorry, poor English and not everything understood reading guide :}

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  8. janil

janil New Member

GPU:
    HD48700
    Is there some kind of automatic "extend desktop" built into this? I'm asking because now whenever I turn on the TV, the desktop is automatically extended to cover both of the screen and it's very annoying.

9. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    If your using Windows 7, the display functionality (and the ability to disable the second display) is built into Windows instead.

They removed this functionality (The Display Manager which Vista had) beginning Catalyst 9.3 inclusive.

10. seeker010

seeker010 Member

anyone with X1k series know if this or any other driver allows video for Netflix and Hulu apps to work?

11. janil

janil New Member

GPU:
    HD48700
    I'm on Win8.1 x64. I didn't have this before with the official drivers.. It's a little weird. I guess I should reinstall the official drivers to verify that.

12. janil

janil New Member

GPU:
    HD48700
    My problem might be related to this:
    ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.09 V6 BETA\Config\c15rgmd.inf

It seems that something makes the drivers think my LG TV (DISPLAY\GSM0001) is a Dell ST2220L (DISPLAY\DELA065) and everything goes haywire from there. No matter I try, that file keeps coming back from somewhere.

Searching c15rgmd.inf or RadeonGPUM Device return no other results - any ideas?

EDIT: at least some progress:
    I deleted HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\DISPLAY\DELA065\something\Device Parameters\EDID_OVERRIDE (I think) and now at least the "Pixel Format" selection is showing up in CCC. Also CCC now correctly identifies my TV as "LG TV" whereas it was "DDC Device," or something similar before.
    EDIT2: deleting those entries under DISPLAY and running pnputil -f -d oem1.inf finally solved my problem! No more automatic extended or cloned desktop.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  13. SunRedux

SunRedux Member

GPU:
    GTX 860m / 4 GB
    Just have a small issue here. Everything works fine, except for youtube in windowed mode on Chrome. All GPU acceleration should be enabled.

Using Win 8.1 x64 , the video works fine in fullscreen but lags in window mode.
    Any input would be helpful. The issue is not present on Firefox.

Running a Mobility HD 4550

Edit : Solved

chrome://plugins/ i messed with the pep flash there, disabling it previously so chrome was using the windows flash installation.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  14. Artorius

Artorius New Member

GPU:
    ATI 3850 HD
    I'm running windows 7 64 bit with a ATI Radeon 3850 HD card.
    4g RAM / 256mb video RAM (more specs in my profile)

I've been able to get Wolfenstein New Order (WNO) to run using WHQL drivers for my card - the driver that's installed via windows update. If I install any other legacy set including official ATI drivers, this game along with XCOM: Enemy Within will not run. I get a nice black screen, then kicked back to desktop or I get an application error.

Anyway, I installed your ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.09 V5 Final and it works quite well on both Wolfenstein and XCOM. Mind you, there are still artifacts in WNO but the game is actually playable with most effects enabled. Sometimes it will crash during cutscenes but lighting issues and texture issues are minimized vs. the WHQL drivers. Also, XCOM has a noticeable performance increase with AA.

* note RE XCOM: I had to install catalyst control panel only to so I can disable some driver options to get it to run.
    These are:
    - disable catalyst AI
    - AA mode: performance
    - mipmap detail: quality

Yes, my system is well below spec for WNO - it is roughly 7 years old actually... I just wanted to say thanks for putting this custom driver build together for us "legacy" users. Eventually I'll give in and build another but this machine is still going strong as gaming is a minor part of it's application :)

15. gozo

gozo Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4870 (512 Mb)
    Hi,

Windows just forced an 8.1 upgrade on me and my drivers seem to have reverted to WDDM v1.1.

I had installed drivers from here ages ago. I see some of the new drivers are causing issues. What in most people's opinion is the most stable driver for a 4870 512mb? And do I need to do any drastic cleaning before installation?

I mostly just play Dota 2.

Thanks

16. kmesne

kmesne New Member

GPU:
    hd4600
    I think you should update the beta version it has a lot of bugs

I am using hd4600 windows 8.1 and this versio (v6 beta) is sucks please do stg bro

17. liquidfox12

liquidfox12 Member

GPU:
    ati x1400
    Its been a while since i tested these drivers will give em a spin on my ati x1400 mobility and report back.
    Update
    1)drivers installed fine and are working
    2) no cc i guess things have changed using alternate installer to download cc
    3) will run some dx games and opengl games and report back

yep everything is running fine he has done a wonderful job

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  18. seven09

seven09 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Yeah it works for my dv6 pavilion with mobility radeon 5650m and 4250 switchable graphics. But how do I install the latest CCC? I used the alternate installer which directs to the mega download page. Then opening ccc2recent.exe which creates a file folder with:

Branding
    Core-Static-Net4
    Fuel
    Fuel 64
    Graphics-Previews-Common
    Utility64-Net4
    Utility-Net4

Ran utility64, not sure what I need to do next? Am I supposed to use legacy CCC or olderv CCC? Thanks

19. liquidfox12

liquidfox12 Member

GPU:
    ati x1400
    you have to install it from the alternate installer not separate , place the ccc2recent in the folders recommended by alternate installer and it will autostart the installation next time you run it

20. seven09

seven09 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Thanks, well the alternate installer cmd prompt window didn't have very clear instruction. Just said wait for it to open a new window or something, which didn't happen/

But I figured out, just copied those contents of ccc2recent to Packages->Apps->CCC2 then reran the main setup and CCC v2013 appeared in custom installation options. Worked and now I have the ore recent CCC. :)