ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Dec 27, 2012.

?

ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.01 Thoughts

1. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (GOOD)

9.5%
  2. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

40.5%
  3. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (GOOD)

8.8%
  4. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (GOOD)

6.8%
  5. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (GOOD)

8.1%
  6. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

16.2%
  7. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (BAD)

0.7%
  8. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.8%
  9. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (BAD)

4.1%
  10. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (BAD)

6.1%
  11. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (BAD)

2.7%
  12. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Some of my whinging "fake" posts got deleted by the mods, while I was merely jesting around and spoke the truth...

It's not even the "new" redesigned version of ccc, just an updated one...

Waste o' time...don't bother filling up your hard disk with the downloads.

And they even have the cheek to put Farcry 3 photo's in the installer, like you can play it well on crappy old unoptimised drivers that are over 9 months old...

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  2. harrinus

harrinus Guest

GPU:
    5850 Extreme
    Just testet beta 5. All works now exept ccc wont install correct. When reinstalling it have screen flicker games like far cry 3 and notice funny thing. Im gettin like 15-20 higer fbs in dx9 than in DX10 in games and benchmark now. :p Like when playing WoW in ultra settings i get like 30FBS avarage in DX10 and in DX9 i get over 60 :D Farcry 3 works now too and get like 30-45 FBS in ulta settings but still have lag in the game always if using higer than medium settings. Altough for some reason when using afterburner benchmark display will always crash in 50% of the benchmark.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  3. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Are you experiencing the multi gpu clock bug also? Btw I will look into this problem, however I do not plan to release a hotfix any time soon. I recommend heading over to Kev forum, his drivers already contain fixes for most bugs experienced by Crossfire users.

4. harrinus

harrinus Guest

GPU:
    5850 Extreme
    No clocks are fine and overclocking is working just fine too.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013

5. antonyclarke_6

antonyclarke_6 Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4870 X2
    Hi Dellon,
    cheers for the 12.11 legacy driver. Works much better than amd's 12.6 legacy driver. I was wondering if you could help me? I have a 4870X2 card and I'm getting unplayable performance with farcry3 and lack lustre framerate with dishonoured (only using one gpu). Would you know how to fix this. Amd are litertally forcing me to buy a new card (due to poor driver support) when the one I have is more than sufficient. It's very frustrating. Thanks again.

6. Cipao

Cipao Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon
    dellon132, What do you think? :banana:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    It looks good, nice work.

8. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    I recommend heading over to Kev forum, his drivers are optimize for crossfire users.

9. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    I would say less bugs/less problematic/more stable for legacy cards instead of crossfire optimised.

eg. multigpu clock bug fixed without driver signing issues, DXVA green screen fixes etc.

But tested yes on 4870x2.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  10. antonyclarke_6

antonyclarke_6 Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4870 X2
    Hi Kev,
    would you have a link to any modded legacy drivers that would fix the 4870X2 with games like farcry 3 and dishonoured as at the moment they are only using one gpu, farcry 3 just doesn't really work at all (unplayable framrate at 800x600 low settings). Cheers

11. donc3

donc3 Guest

GPU:
    Ati Radeon HD 3850 AGP
    Hi all, I'm trying to install this driver in Windows 8 64b, and I can't. I have a Ati Radeon HD 3850 and a motherboard ASROCK AM2NF3-VSTA, when I try to install the driver manually it gets me this error, and in the device manager the VGA it's shown with a exclamation:
    [​IMG]

And when I install the Catalyst it doesn't get me any error, but the card doesn't work (it is with an exclamation in the device manager). I either can't change the resolution, it's allways set in 1024x768.

What can I do? I have tried to install some other drivers, with the same result.
    Regards

12. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The reason you may be having this problem is due to your card being an AGP card. This driver currently does not support AGP users, however I will look into the problem. I recommend trying the Official AGP driver from ATI Website
    http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/CatalystAGPHotfix.aspx

13. Cipao

Cipao Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon
    dellon132, I have a simple program to remove all watermarks activation test mode, etc in Windows 8. It works very well :) .

My_WCP_Watermark_Editor.exe

14. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    That's great, but I think this tool supports windows 8 only, right? I remember telling someone to use it in one of previous post to remove the Test Mode Watermark from there Windows 8 OS.

15. Cipao

Cipao Guest

GPU:
    Mobility Radeon
    I'm not sure if it works on other systems, works great on Windows 8 32-bit / 64-bit. You would need to check it out on W7 or Vista, I use the W8 x64.

16. kevsamiga1974

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Well FC3 (don't have it anymore because completed it) always used Crossfire when I had it running in 720p in my drivers at around 35-40 fps, just missing the optimisation with the later non legacy drivers @ 3ghz Quad 4gb DDR2, 4870x2.

I definately didn't have to use 800x600 to get it to run good...both gpu's were enabled.

17. antonyclarke_6

antonyclarke_6 Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4870 X2
    What catalyst drivers did you use when playing FC3. Thanks again.

18. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    your bf3 is in the 20s fps instead of 40s?

3d clocks after closing, but is the temperature rising? i remember when i tested ULPS on, i would see this after closing a game, but temperature was not going up

19. Aizu

Aizu Guest

GPU:
    -
    Didn't check the fps, but compared to bf3 on Win7 it runs a lot worse on Win8.
    - Win7 was smooth with mid-high settings, compared to
    - Win8 with same settings, lowering them is still "laggy and stuttery".
    Guessing it is microstuttering, all I can say is that it is a horrible experience.

Yes. the temps on 2nd gpu when it gets stuck on 3d clocks runs 10*C degrees hotter than 2d clocks. Btw never tested with ULPS on, all my drivers that I tested had it off. (Don't even think that HD4000 cards support it)
    The multi gpu clock bug got partly fixed tho on the beta 5 ones:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  20. ottomanhero

ottomanhero Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4810 HD 512 mb
    If your ccc is not working, read this

I installed 12.11 Beta 11's CCC, it worked for me while this amd vision engine control center didn't.The problem is CLIstart.exe or MOM.exe doesn't work, they simply crash at windows startup or when i launch them manually.Also this driver gave me a good amount of fps boost in most games.Keep up the good work! Hope you fix vision engine control center anytime soon, to play some games i must do tweaks from there.I found a way to install an alternative CCC, which worked without any problems

NOTE : UNINSTALL CCC & ANY PLUGINS YOU INSTALLED before installing this one. (that means anything except HDMI & graphics driver)

A_) For users who don't want to download 184 MB :download: of 12.11 B11 driver from AMD's site, here is the CCC installation file.Simply open it and let it install.Enjoy your new CCC. :)

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22926262/Core-Static-Net4.rar

B_) For users with 100 mb/s internet or something, download this driver: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst1211betadriver.aspx unpack it but don't install it, go to "C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_12.11_Beta111\Packages\Apps\CCC2\Core-Static-Net4"
    and run the ccc-core-static.msi, enjoy your new CCC.:)

YOU CAN INSTALL ANY PLUGINS USING 12.11 moded driver (in my case its B11 hotfix 5) BUT REMEMBER TO UNTICK AMD VISION ENGINE CONTROL CENTER, OR ELSE IT MIGHT OVERRIDE CCC

IF THIS DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU, GET .NET 4 framework and it will work like a charm :banana:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013