ATi Catalyst 10.8 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 25, 2010.

Tags:
  1. hunuok

hunuok Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX480 Tri SLI
    Not sure if it's a hardware/software issue on your end, but mine installed without a hitch.

Uninstall,
    Boot in safe mode,
    Run drivercleaner (don't reboot),
    Run ccleaner for registry clean (run three times or until no "errors"),
    Reboot,
    Install new drivers.

Good luck.

2. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    and still I can't force AA in Alpha Protocol with these 10.8 drivers, though the random stuttering in Mafia 2 has finally stopped. I really wish they would fix the 2d clock issue, I hate having to reset the clocks after each game I play just to ensure idle temps are down.

3. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    Personally this nvidia series let me a bit disapointed hope next round they kick in, like they should, cause next buy dunno if i go red or green. 6xxx or 5xx... hope is green this time...

4. leonmbj

leonmbj Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5850 1GB(OC)
    and now

VSync problem on Ubuntu 10.04

compiz is very slow on my 5850

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010

5. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Tearing and VSync problem still from... 1st release.
    Proprietary drivers don't works correctly with X.org and Compiz... and ATi/AMD don't care to fix it. It is very buggy and slow.
    AMD/ATi still releasing specifics for better support from the open source drivers.
    We need to wait Ubuntu 11.04 or 10.10 + more stable open source drivers with R800 support. With kernel support and open driver, maybe we can found an perfect experience and integration with GNU/Linux.
    You can found more info here: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd_evergreen_3d&num=1

6. Paul L

Paul L Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb
    I've noticed that Metro 2033's rendering has been heavily changed. Getting an odd
    on off flickering of certain shadows cast from beams when using my flash light. it doesn't
    happen on everything just towards the edges of the screen. It also looks a bit worse
    in regards of how things blend into the distance it's lost a gradual lighting over distance
    blend somehow. Certain parts are reminding me of last gen games quality. It's not what
    Metro 2033 was doing when I got it.

7. Gibbonlimbs

Gibbonlimbs Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 4GB Jet****** SLI
    Hi guys,

As usual for me, the 10.8 work great on my crossfire setup as have all previous drivers.

I am seeing small improvements in games with minimum and average fps. Good job ATI from me.

Kinda feel sorry for you guys who have had problems since 10.5`s. Its just strange it effects so many.... If we only knew the truth....

cheers.

8. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    Yet again, I'm one of the lucky few that gets absolutely NO problems with the driver update.

I can't really tell if the problems seem to be system-related or user-error or what, but for the record, I've NEVER had a single problem with ATI drivers in the last 15 years - with 1 exception...when I received my 5970, it turned out to be an Engineering Sample, and no drivers past 10.1 would work, until I found the registry tweaks workaround that I posted here a few months back.
    Before that and since then, I've not had a single issue that anyone else has spoken of...

Psychlone

9. Gibbonlimbs

Gibbonlimbs Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 4GB Jet****** SLI
    I just tried Metro 2033, 2560x1600, max settings, dx11, DOF off, tess on with 10.8`s, Ive got a decent improvement over 10.7`s.... just installed the new 10.8a profile app too, goooood stuff!

Lost Planet 2 benchmark still fails in DX11 using crossfire using new crossfire app, not so goooood stuff...

10. revollucion

revollucion Active Member

GPU:
    POV gtx 580
    dont want to by pesimistic but this profiles give my no change at all from 10.7! I have 5870CF win 7 64bit 6gb and i7 920.

10.5a still getting my highest FPS.

10.5a 100-140FPS
    10.6 dont know
    10.7 50-80FPS
    10.8(10.8aprofiles) 74-90FPS

I just dont know why somebody of us had no problem at all with 10.6 or 10.7 and most of us getting big fps drops with BC2 ..

I mean latest driver 10.8 and profiles 10.8a look good for example Company of heroes FPS increasing or other games but there is still problem with that BC2 on my PC!
    I also noticed that colors look much better with 10.8 and 10.8a profiles then with 10.5a but FPS is more important for my so I think I am going back to 10.5a

11. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Has anyone tried these out yet, a proper 8.763 from Dell dated 10 August. Downloading now:
    http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=2684&l=en&s=pub&releaseid=R279612&SystemID=ALW_M17XR2&servicetag=&os=W764&osl=en&deviceid=21729&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=6&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=412940

I realise it seems very similar to the 8.763 beta 5's, however there are a couple of things I noticed about them:
    - Same file versions for the driver as the proper 10.8
    - Driver inf is 8.763, not 8.762
    - Files atikmdag.sys, atikmpag.sys, and atiapfxx.blb BIGGER (4608, 512, 48 bytes bigger respectively) despite having the same file versions.

I took the driver files only (as the catalyst versions are older), took TWL's modded inf, modded it myself to reflect the catalogue files and folder (I hope that was ok TWL, just wanted to use your INF, I won't redistribute it :)!), installed, and it seems to be running really well...

Just wondering what the thoughts are on this, why those files were different sizes despite claiming the same version. Bugfix? or is it because these were for mobile laptops? If for laptops, how come it works so well for me at the moment on a desktop HD4850?!! and lastly, are these the same as the 8.763's that were leaked earlier, or again do they have different data in the drivers (even if they are the same versions).

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    I believe ATI added AA support for Alpha Protocol (and Singularity) in the 10.6 drivers as I use RadeonPro to force 8xAA and I no longer have to use an AA compatibility profile such as the BiAHH one, nor do the dialogue options appear invisible anymore. Strange that it isn't working for you.

13. SuperBill

SuperBill Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    I just gotta say, these drivers totally suck for me performance wise (judging from some comments I've seen I'm not the only one). Playing around on my new laptop I installed the 10.8's straight away. I just installed the 10.5's just to do some comparisons since I've been seeing alot of posts referring to that set as being superior. Sure enough.... where even Torchlight chugged with the 10.8's it's now significantly smoother with the 10.5's. Hopefully next month.........

14. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Has anyone gone to him with their issue (previously posted in this thread). Or is it suppose to be secretly discussed?

15. geogan

geogan Master Guru

GPU:
    3070 AORUS Master
    Found cause of my Catalyst install issues.

Two problems -

1. I had to install the monitor driver for Acer monitor so it had a name in windows device manager (it was named in CCC so i thought Windows knew it)

2. The Diplayport->VGA monitor (another Acer) was showing up as "Generic non-PnP" monitor and defaulting to one resolution of 640x480. This completely ****ed up the displaygroup when i tried to create one (all monitors went to this resolution). Had to do a "detect displays" in CCC to get it to say name of Acer monitor on displayport and then in device manager I could install the acer driver for the "generic non-PnP" device.

Then all displays display 1920x1080 and stay at this resolution when displaygroup is created...

16. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    i tried this driver but i get "blackouts" when playing fallout3 -reverting back to 10.7 fixxed it

17. DoomSayer

DoomSayer Member

GPU:
    ATI HD5870 1GB GDDR5
    Am i the only one with a HD5870 where Anti-Aliasing doesnt work in an title with these drivers ?

18. sprower

sprower Master Guru

GPU:
    TriFire5770 9800GT Physx
    Had the same issue trying to install TWL's modified.. untill I dug this up...

19. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Unfortunately ,as I expected, 10.8 with profiles is not stable in BC2, after an hour of gameplay I get the dreaded C2D... Performance has increased, not as much as 10.5a, but still it is running more or less OK, the menus are still slow and the loadout screen is STILL corrupt. 10.5a has no problems at all with any of it and performance is through the roof. However the IQ of 10.8 is great, and I noticed image is crisper and more vivid in BC2, however C2Ds are a big no-no for me, so back to 10.5a unfortunately.

20. revollucion

revollucion Active Member

GPU:
    POV gtx 580
    I have to just agree with BladeRunner!It is exactly as u saying.I am again with 10.5a after tested 10.8 even with new profiles! (related to Bad Company 2)

ASUS 5870 V2 and XFX 5870 xxx in crossfire! I just ordered today 9800gt for physx :infinity: