ATi Catalyst 10.8 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 25, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    You never tough it could be a FPS limit so your cards doesn't overheat over unnecessary FPS amounts? also remember that BC2 its a Online game and for them its recommended to use Fixed FPS limits.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    So it isnt up to Ati's driver team to make up a decent fan profile to make sure the card doesnt overheat ? also why is it recommended to enable vsync for online players ? it causes input lagg, its only good against tearing, and lower fanspeed/temps.

3. Scyphe

Scyphe Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 6GB
    Just run the WEI tool (Windows Experience Index built-in benchmark), Aero should be enabled when it finishes.

4. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Did some more tests and the Resident Evil 4 DX10 benchmark average FPS went from 40.8 on the 10.6 to 45.3 on the 10.8

5. Danny Nissan

Danny Nissan Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4890 1GB
    Not all profiles go to the app profiles first, some make it directly into the driver. Only ones that would delay the driver release are made seperate into the CAP installer. ONLY those.

So again, some of you need to simply calm down and learn how things work before you decide to whine on some CF users with issues and tell them to stick to older drivers. For them this is making their second (or more) card useless in games.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  6. spyre

spyre Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    The 10.8 CAP does have a profile for Arma 2 OA.

7. Danny Nissan

Danny Nissan Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4890 1GB
    Fine, this time, but my points still stand.

8. geogan

geogan Master Guru

GPU:
    3070 AORUS Master
    I can confirm this. Still stuck on 10.5. Tried 10.6 and 10.7 and both cause BFBC2 to crash to desktop randomly. Not individual users machine problem.
    Until they fix this problem 90% of us that bought high-end ATI cards to play this game will not be able to use latest drivers from ATI...

9. FearFactory

FearFactory Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX470 4GB
    Maybe you guys don't care but i tried some older Open GL games like Quake 4 and Prey... it seems AA is working fine now. On 10.5a i was getting some "black" textures with AA enabled on those games. Later i'm going to try on Riddick: Dark Athena

10. geogan

geogan Master Guru

GPU:
    3070 AORUS Master
    Why TF don't they?... considering it is one of the major sites and forums that relate to their products?? If I was a part of ATI organisation involved in deciding what to fix next in their drivers I'm certain I would see what people are complaining about on major public forums - not only read the few comments people send to ATI feedback page hidden away somewhere or other on their site that nobody knows about... I mean people here have been pointing out the same problems for last 3 releases?!?

11. Grabber

Grabber Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 7850
    Still having long loading screens on DiRT2. During loadingscreen to race, I see a lot achievement notes. This is since driver 10.6. With no 10.5 no problems. Didn't see anything back from the feedback I gave...

12. geogan

geogan Master Guru

GPU:
    3070 AORUS Master
    Ha ha. Yes well said. (resists trying to explain vsync/tearing for the 100th time...)

13. AndyMutz

AndyMutz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW3
    that was already fixed with 10.7.
    but now, with 10.8., i have no more triple buffering in quake4.

-andy-

14. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Installed these twice now and same out come. My screen goes black twice for reset during the install. The second time it stays black. Wait a couple of minute and it does not come back. Have to hard reboot however when windows comes up ccc info appears all is installed. I had uninstalled previous drivers proir to installing 10.8. Anyone else have this issue during install?

15. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    It does to me this sometimes....
    If you are not sure the driver is correctly installed, just run again the install, you will see you will not have the problem .. ( first time the driver is installed correctly, it just stay black at the end of the install )..

If you uninstall it before, the problem don't appear.

16. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I've got zero issues. BC2 never ctd. I wonder how many times it's ati driver or user systems.

17. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    good question, but don't forget those type of prob are specially view on CFX.

For 10.8 i don't know, i have not get enough time to play for test it under BC2.

Anyway, bug with tessmark is fixed ... will try the bench of Mafia2.

18. Mega_Death

Mega_Death Maha Guru

GPU:

I've had zero issues as well. But like you I am not running crossfireX. And the last few driver updates have been extremely disapointing because I was planning on getting a second 5850 at some point.

As previously stated; for single card users the last few driver releases have been fine. I do feel sorry for 5970 and crossfire users. ATI needs to provide better support or they will lose some of the market share they recently gained.

19. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    Nothing is screwed up in the drivers.You have your own issues just like half of the other people posting.I can understand people having some performance issues but people saying 2nd gpu not working and so on has to be a issue with the way drivers are being installed or something because i have ran 10.6 10.7 and now 10.8 with no issues.

20. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    overclocked 850 core 1100 memory